Topic: E3 2013

Showing 321 to 340 of 351

AuthorMessage

ianmage1

321. Posted:

What was the mystery Retro title?

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

322. Posted:

I'd be surprised if they didn't have another Direct soon showing off some other stuff like Yarn Yoshi and some 3DS games.

But in otherwords, I thought the Direct was pretty good. A lot of the stuff seemed safe, but at the same time it still looked great so I can't really complain.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

323. Posted:

I didn't get to see much on my phone but it was kinda ok...?

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

324. Posted:

ianmage1 wrote:

What was the mystery Retro title?

Donkey Kong Country Returns sequel....
I guess I'm ok with it...but was hoping they would do something different.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

325. Posted:

While I did enjoy the Direct, and Smash and Mario Kart 8 look fantastic, they could of done a LOT more in my opinion. Nintendo are definitely being overshadowed by Sony and Microsoft. Hopefully we'll get another one, but I'm not hopeful.

Edited on by Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

326. Posted:

is rewatching Direct
lol...Mario can be a cat now....xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

327. Posted:

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze? Sounds like either a DK licensed deodorant or splurpee flavor.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

SilverLightning

328. Posted:

tbh it seems that after E3 2011 nintendo fails to impress, next year they should go back to a press confrence

im SilverLightning i was @BlueLightning i changed my name, i was born in a barn in ohio i was put in prison. 19 years later andy dufresne escaped shawshank prison.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3094-8702 | Nintendo Network ID: SilverLightning

AuthorMessage

Ryno

329. Posted:

How much will Gamestop give me towards a trade-in credit for a PS4? I kid obviously, but color me disappointed.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

iphys

330. Posted:

I had to rewatch the Direct on youtube after the stream froze with 8 minutes to go right around the time it should have ended. I guess it lagged so much it was 8 minutes behind when it ended, and then they just cut off the stream rather than letting us watch however much we had left to stream. Funny how I couldn't watch it lag-free at 240p but I could stream it from youtube at a higher quality no problem. Next time I'll just look for the youtube video rather than wasting my time counting on Nintendo to stream it properly.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

331. Posted:

Power went out, bleh...its back now...gonna finish watching the Direct, lol

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

332. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

How much will Gamestop give me towards a trade-in credit for a PS4? I kid obviously, but color me disappointed.

You should try out SSB U, what's it going to take to get you interested? Simon Belmont making it in as a secret character? ;) I was really hoping for some big suprises, and the only suprise nintendo had up their sleeves was Tropical freeze....Tropical Funkin' freeze. Yeah, great name...Blends nicely with the never ending freezing during the direct streaming. Honestly, we don't need another DKCR sequal, it's too soon. That slot should of been saved for Metroid prime 4 or a new 2D metroid, maybe F-Zero, StarFox, Punch-Out or a startropics revival. nintendo played it extremely safe with zero flash or excitement in their dull as hell presentation. Oh Nintendo, what happened to you!? The new epic Smash U uveiling with mega Man making it in the roster was easily the greatest thing about the direct period.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

333. Posted:

I just watched the direct on the Wii U eShop, in HD!
WTF, you guys seriously still think Nintendo can't measuer up to Sony or Microsoft?
That X game looked better than anything anyone else showed. Mario Kart 8 looks great, and Smash Bros. will be better than ever...
I liked Nintendo's E3 presentation the best, honestly.

EDIT: BTW, Megaman 1-4 are now on the Wii U eShop since he's in Smash Bros now.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Final-Starman

334. Posted:

Finally, Megaman is in Smash Bros.! :D

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)

AuthorMessage

Griffondo

335. Posted:

Overall it was alright, Super Smash Bros 4/Mario Kart 8 look great!

The Nintendo Life Metalhead.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

336. Posted:

Everything looked good, except for Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Super Smash Bros., and X, which all looked great, wonderful, fantastic, and stupendous respectively. I'm just disappointed that the 3D Mario game was a tad safe, and there was nothing really new or unexpected (like, you know, a New IP, Retro's game, a revived franchise, etc.). Still, I enjoyed it, even more than Sony's overall, since they didn't waste our time for over an hour, but I'd still say Sony "won" E3 simply by virtue of them having the most surprises.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Peach64

337. Posted:

My initial reaction was disappointment. I love Super Mario 3D Land, and I love Donkey Kong Country Returns, but... I was expecting so much more from the next main series Mario game and the 'surprise' Retro title.

It's obvious why they have done it though, and it's probably a wise decision by Nintendo. Both titles are going to be relatively quick to make. They need great games, and they can't wait 2 or 3 years for them, they needed something they could put out sooner. Hopefully there will be a bigger scope 3D Mario, and something completely new from Retro further down the line.

X looked pretty good, and I WILL be getting Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong, so the list of Wii U games I want has grown quite a bit, but my expectations were so high. Not a bad Direct at all, just disappointing.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

Varia01

338. Posted:

Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. seemed to be the only new and great news. I was partially disappointed by seeing the new 3D Mario game. It does look fun but I was hoping for an equivalent to Galaxy. The new Retro game was very disappointing. No new Metroid? Not surprised... Mario Kart 8 looks clever, fun, and comes out late... (Spring 2014?) Smash Bros. looks very similar to brawl, but still pretty cool. Mega Man is a fine addition, but the Animal Crossing character does not interest me. Did you see that Batman Arkham Orgins cinematic? That was incredible! There weren't much interesting 3rd-party games, but their animations were superb! Wind Waker looks neat too. It looks fun and awesome in HD. Overall, the video was partially disappointing, but some stuff were just neat. I was really hoping for better, but it's fine.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

339. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

You should try out SSB U, what's it going to take to get you interested? Simon Belmont making it in as a secret character? ;) I was really hoping for some big suprises, and the only suprise nintendo had up their sleeves was Tropical freeze....Tropical Funkin' freeze. Yeah, great name...Blends nicely with the never ending freezing during the direct streaming. Honestly, we don't need another DKCR sequal, it's too soon. That slot should of been saved for Metroid prime 4 or a new 2D metroid, maybe F-Zero, StarFox, Punch-Out or a startropics revival. nintendo played it extremely safe with zero flash or excitement in their dull as hell presentation. Oh Nintendo, what happened to you!? The new epic Smash U uveiling with mega Man making it in the roster was easily the greatest thing about the direct period.

@Waveboy: What is it going to take for me to play SSB, how about you mail me a copy for free. :P I'm not interested in paying $60 for a fighting game that I am hardly ever going to play. Ok, I admit I was rough on Nintendo this morning, although I am disappointed in the Retro title. You mean to tell me that Retro has been working on a platformer all this time? Platformers are a dime a dozen nowadays and I still rather play a 8 or 16 bit version anyway. The best thing for me this morning was seeing more of X.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Yellowgerbil

340. Posted:

I loved the direct...so there.

I am an avid monster hunter player that started quite recently on Ultimate, (Blue Rath Armor currently) the gameplay just keeps me coming back for more!
Currently playing;
Super Mario 3D World
Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0142-5860 | Nintendo Network ID: Paddingt0n