Forums

Topic: E3 2013

Posts 321 to 340 of 340

WaveBoy

Ryno wrote:

How much will Gamestop give me towards a trade-in credit for a PS4? I kid obviously, but color me disappointed.

You should try out SSB U, what's it going to take to get you interested? Simon Belmont making it in as a secret character? I was really hoping for some big suprises, and the only suprise nintendo had up their sleeves was Tropical freeze....Tropical Funkin' freeze. Yeah, great name...Blends nicely with the never ending freezing during the direct streaming. Honestly, we don't need another DKCR sequal, it's too soon. That slot should of been saved for Metroid prime 4 or a new 2D metroid, maybe F-Zero, StarFox, Punch-Out or a startropics revival. nintendo played it extremely safe with zero flash or excitement in their dull as hell presentation. Oh Nintendo, what happened to you!? The new epic Smash U uveiling with mega Man making it in the roster was easily the greatest thing about the direct period.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

SCRAPPER392

I just watched the direct on the Wii U eShop, in HD!
WTF, you guys seriously still think Nintendo can't measuer up to Sony or Microsoft?
That X game looked better than anything anyone else showed. Mario Kart 8 looks great, and Smash Bros. will be better than ever...
I liked Nintendo's E3 presentation the best, honestly.

EDIT: BTW, Megaman 1-4 are now on the Wii U eShop since he's in Smash Bros now.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Final-Starman

Finally, Megaman is in Smash Bros.!

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

CanisWolfred

Everything looked good, except for Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Super Smash Bros., and X, which all looked great, wonderful, fantastic, and stupendous respectively. I'm just disappointed that the 3D Mario game was a tad safe, and there was nothing really new or unexpected (like, you know, a New IP, Retro's game, a revived franchise, etc.). Still, I enjoyed it, even more than Sony's overall, since they didn't waste our time for over an hour, but I'd still say Sony "won" E3 simply by virtue of them having the most surprises.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Peach64

My initial reaction was disappointment. I love Super Mario 3D Land, and I love Donkey Kong Country Returns, but... I was expecting so much more from the next main series Mario game and the 'surprise' Retro title.

It's obvious why they have done it though, and it's probably a wise decision by Nintendo. Both titles are going to be relatively quick to make. They need great games, and they can't wait 2 or 3 years for them, they needed something they could put out sooner. Hopefully there will be a bigger scope 3D Mario, and something completely new from Retro further down the line.

X looked pretty good, and I WILL be getting Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong, so the list of Wii U games I want has grown quite a bit, but my expectations were so high. Not a bad Direct at all, just disappointing.

Peach64

FireMario887

Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. seemed to be the only new and great news. I was partially disappointed by seeing the new 3D Mario game. It does look fun but I was hoping for an equivalent to Galaxy. The new Retro game was very disappointing. No new Metroid? Not surprised... Mario Kart 8 looks clever, fun, and comes out late... (Spring 2014?) Smash Bros. looks very similar to brawl, but still pretty cool. Mega Man is a fine addition, but the Animal Crossing character does not interest me. Did you see that Batman Arkham Orgins cinematic? That was incredible! There weren't much interesting 3rd-party games, but their animations were superb! Wind Waker looks neat too. It looks fun and awesome in HD. Overall, the video was partially disappointing, but some stuff were just neat. I was really hoping for better, but it's fine.

FireMario887

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

You should try out SSB U, what's it going to take to get you interested? Simon Belmont making it in as a secret character? I was really hoping for some big suprises, and the only suprise nintendo had up their sleeves was Tropical freeze....Tropical Funkin' freeze. Yeah, great name...Blends nicely with the never ending freezing during the direct streaming. Honestly, we don't need another DKCR sequal, it's too soon. That slot should of been saved for Metroid prime 4 or a new 2D metroid, maybe F-Zero, StarFox, Punch-Out or a startropics revival. nintendo played it extremely safe with zero flash or excitement in their dull as hell presentation. Oh Nintendo, what happened to you!? The new epic Smash U uveiling with mega Man making it in the roster was easily the greatest thing about the direct period.

@Waveboy: What is it going to take for me to play SSB, how about you mail me a copy for free. I'm not interested in paying $60 for a fighting game that I am hardly ever going to play. Ok, I admit I was rough on Nintendo this morning, although I am disappointed in the Retro title. You mean to tell me that Retro has been working on a platformer all this time? Platformers are a dime a dozen nowadays and I still rather play a 8 or 16 bit version anyway. The best thing for me this morning was seeing more of X.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Yellowgerbil

I loved the direct...so there.

I am an avid monster hunter player that started quite recently on Ultimate, (Blue Rath Armor currently) the gameplay just keeps me coming back for more!
Currently playing;
Super Mario 3D World
Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0142-5860 | Nintendo Network ID: Paddingt0n

Drawdler

CanisWolfred wrote:

Everything looked good, except for Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Super Smash Bros., and X, which all looked great, wonderful, fantastic, and stupendous respectively. I'm just disappointed that the 3D Mario game was a tad safe, and there was nothing really new or unexpected (like, you know, a New IP, Retro's game, a revived franchise, etc.). Still, I enjoyed it, even more than Sony's overall, since they didn't waste our time for over an hour, but I'd still say Sony "won" E3 simply by virtue of them having the most surprises.

Yep, gonna have to agree with this. b

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

PanicPuppet

So far I'm feeling "Eh." about everything.

Mario 3D World and Kart 8 look pretty great, Smash Bros. has yet to really impress me, and that's pretty much it.

Now I'm really hoping for Metroid, Star Fox, and/or F-Zero.

Please surprise me Nintendo!

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

GamecubeMan

This was a the best Nintendo Direct ever. The only disappointing game Nintendo has to offer was suppose to be my favorite. The 3D Mario. I hate it. 3D Land is probably the most shallow 3D Mario game to date and now Nintendo's making a sequel...... I miss the approach they did with Sunshine and 64. You would explore huge, non linear levels with specific mission to get 8 stars in each level.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

Capcom's Ace Attorney 5 question and answers event should be intersting. Tommorow at what time PST?

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

FireMario887

Some games are being announced for 2014, but not Metroid. A Metroid game would usually come the year after the console releases, but sadly , there has been no announcements. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't seen what it can do with Metroid for the Wii U. A shooter Metroid would work perfectly for the gamepad. Hopefully aiming will work more like Prime 3 and less like Metroid Blast on Nintendo Land. Do you guys remember the cinematics' graphics from Other M? Those were great and I am surprised Nintendo hasn't thought about that yet. Too much Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Animal Crossing. It is time to focus on the sci-fi titles. Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero. Nintendo has ignored them for too long and it is starting to frustrate me.

Edited on by FireMario887

FireMario887

Ryno

@Varia01: I know you like Metroid as do I and many others around here but Metroid is not a big seller. Don't expect it to come for awhile and just enjoy Mario, some Mario, and more Mario.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

WaveBoy

@Rynotroid
I'd rather see a new StarTropics than LOZ Wind Waker U. The original ST i'd say Vs LOZ on the NES was the better game! It's a shame that it sold so poorly! Hopefully mike Jones(banana's in his ears & all) will turn up in your favorite video games series Super Smash bros. U. I would also like to see Fabio star in a new Wizards and Warriors sequal.

Also, after being able to rewatch nintendo's E3 direct without a hitch, it's by far my favorite E3 this year, because it has games that i actually want to play, skips the filler BS and gets to the games. I would of prefered a flashy E3 stage and live audience(packed full of fans vs journalists only) but as is, i found it to be the most enjoyable.

Like Canis pointed out, Sony had the most suprises and even though i personally feel that the cheers were a bit silly with Sony announcing the entire "you can play used games and you don't have to be constantly connected to the internet" goop(Which was NEVER an issue anyways on all previous consoles, OR the Wii u which nintendo didn't even bother to mention because it's not anything note worthy) was still entertaining to watch, and the $399 price tag was even better!

I don't mind seeing Sony stomp MS into the ground.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

FireMario887

Ryno wrote:

@Varia01: I know you like Metroid as do I and many others around here but Metroid is not a big seller. Don't expect it to come for awhile and just enjoy Mario, some Mario, and more Mario.

I guess your right, but there has been too much Mario in my opinion.

FireMario887

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

@Rynotroid
I'd rather see a new StarTropics than LOZ Wind Waker U. The original ST i'd say Vs LOZ on the NES was the better game! It's a shame that it sold so poorly! Hopefully mike Jones(banana's in his ears & all) will turn up in your favorite video games series Super Smash bros. U. I would also like to see Fabio star in a new Wizards and Warriors sequal.

Also, after being able to rewatch nintendo's E3 direct without a hitch, it's by far my favorite E3 this year, because it has games that i actually want to play, skips the filler BS and gets to the games. I would of prefered a flashy E3 stage and live audience(packed full of fans vs journalists only) but as is, i found it to be the most enjoyable.

Like Canis pointed out, Sony had the most suprises and even though i personally feel that the cheers were a bit silly with Sony announcing the entire "you can play used games and you don't have to be constantly connected to the internet" goop(Which was NEVER an issue anyways on all previous consoles, OR the Wii u which nintendo didn't even bother to mention because it's not anything note worthy) was still entertaining to watch, and the $399 price tag was even better!

I don't mind seeing Sony stomp MS into the ground.

Yes, I would have love to seen a new StarTropics or something like a new Mach Rider or even a new Urban Champion! I would buy the next Wizards & Fabio game too but that IP was made by Rare so fat cat chance of that ever happening. We are more likely to see a Nintendo Cereal System make a comeback then any of the 4 games I mentioned. As for your little Brawl game, if Mike Jones appears I may just get it so I can hear the remixed version of the StarTropics beats. The MegaMan remixes were pretty cool though I do have to admit.

Like you I hope the PS4 sells better than the Xbox BetaMax.

Varia01 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

@Varia01: I know you like Metroid as do I and many others around here but Metroid is not a big seller. Don't expect it to come for awhile and just enjoy Mario, some Mario, and more Mario.

I guess your right, but there has been too much Mario in my opinion.

You and me both but apparently Nintendo fans have an insatiable appetite for Mario. I mean, just look @Waveboy for example and if you can, try to look past his mullet. That dudes backlog is all Mario. He is currently playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 and after that he is going to play New Super Bros. 2 on his 3DS then after that New Super Mario Bros. U on his yet to be used Wii U! He is going to get his retro Mario fix in with Yoshis' Island pretty soon too. His favorite game is Super Mario Bros. 2 and the fact that Super Mario 3D World has the 4 playable characters with special abilities like SMB 2 has got him excited. He wants me to get Super Smash Bros, Wii U just to show me how good he is with Mario and then there's Mario Kart which is his favorite racer out there. It's crazy!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

WaveBoy

@Ryno
You forgot about my King Boo sized boner for everything classic Mega Man. And that my friend is too much mario to take in.lol I typically space the games out, with my groovy stardust mullet making all the right moves. after i'm done vacationing with the oh so awesome Super Mario galaxy 2 i'm going to leap forward into Zelda: A Link to the past, and most likely a Boy & his Blob(Wii) after i'm done clobbering Gannon to a mere pacman pulp. And I couldn't care less for NSMB.2 to be honest, that will be the last 2D Mario i play whenever i get around to it.

However, NSMB2 looks like the ultimate NSMB rehash, and overall seems like definitive low point of 2D Mario!

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic