General Discussion Forum

Topic: Dexter's Rude Removal

Showing 41 to 51 of 51

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birthday_Boy

41. Posted:

mudjo wrote:

Was it only CN Australia that cut Dropball from Adventure Time?

Its too bad they cut Drop Ball. That game just never gets respect.

Edited on by Birthday_Boy

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

42. Posted:

I actually remember searching for this a few times back, but I could never find it. It apparently only aired at conventions and they were real careful and secretive about it too.

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Super Mario Advance.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bulbousaur

43. Posted:

RIP Uncensored version, it got taken down...

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zoroarkrules25

44. Posted:

What uncensored part?

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bulbousaur

45. Posted:

There was a fan-made uncensored version, but it got taken down because of copyright.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Marakuto

46. Posted:

Spongebob Squarepants sailor mouth.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LightSuitGuy

47. Posted:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Yes Cartoons have that similarities. But that is what cartoons have usually been. Especially those that rely on comedy. It has to be enthusiastic. I'm having a tough time finding outliers. Anime look has its cliche visuals as well. Its just a way to look interesting to the majority of its target audience.

I agree with the anime look being cliche (all of them look the same nowadays). But regarding art syles; remember all the classic CN toons? Dexter's Lab and Ed, Edd n' Eddy weren't similar, Courage the Cowardly Dog and Johnny Bravo weren't similar. The only ones that were remotlely similar were Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack. Yeah the same guy made them, but even then the character designs, proportions, and color palettes were changed significantly to fit with the show's premise.

But all these shows CN has on now have the same look, and don't really have a distictive style; they're all cookie cut from the same mold that Flapjack started. It makes the shows look samey and artificial. (i.e. no real thought was put into making them stand out. "Just reuse that design style from that other show.")

Edited on by LightSuitGuy

NL's biggest Jar Jar Binks fan! (probably)
Does Duck Hunt really need a wiki?
Currently playing: (Wii U) Smash Bros. 4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zoroarkrules25

48. Posted:

Ah but that does not surprise me, fans make stuff like that all the time.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birthday_Boy

49. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Yes Cartoons have that similarities. But that is what cartoons have usually been. Especially those that rely on comedy. It has to be enthusiastic. I'm having a tough time finding outliers. Anime look has its cliche visuals as well. Its just a way to look interesting to the majority of its target audience.

I agree with the anime look being cliche (all of them look the same nowadays). But regarding art syles; remember all the classic CN toons? Dexter's Lab and Ed, Edd n' Eddy weren't similar, Courage the Cowardly Dog and Johnny Bravo weren't similar. The only ones that were remotlely similar were Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack. Yeah the same guy made them, but even then the character designs, proportions, and color palettes were changed significantly to fit with the show's premise.

But all these shows CN has on now have the same look, and don't really have a distictive style; they're all cookie cut from the same mold that Flapjack started. It makes the shows look samey and artificial. (i.e. no real thought was put into making them stand out. "Just reuse that design style from that other show.")

Actually, Adventure Time started before Flapjack, and I find that Powerpuff Girls has the same look to the cartoons you talked negatively about. Perhaps not exactly, but still looks simplistic in some ways. And I wouldn't call Regular Show a "Cookie Cutter" but the characters aren't professionally drawn either.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

50. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Yes Cartoons have that similarities. But that is what cartoons have usually been. Especially those that rely on comedy. It has to be enthusiastic. I'm having a tough time finding outliers. Anime look has its cliche visuals as well. Its just a way to look interesting to the majority of its target audience.

I agree with the anime look being cliche (all of them look the same nowadays). But regarding art syles; remember all the classic CN toons? Dexter's Lab and Ed, Edd n' Eddy weren't similar, Courage the Cowardly Dog and Johnny Bravo weren't similar. The only ones that were remotlely similar were Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack. Yeah the same guy made them, but even then the character designs, proportions, and color palettes were changed significantly to fit with the show's premise.

But all these shows CN has on now have the same look, and don't really have a distictive style; they're all cookie cut from the same mold that Flapjack started. It makes the shows look samey and artificial. (i.e. no real thought was put into making them stand out. "Just reuse that design style from that other show.")

Ed Edd n Eddy and Courage were different studios, so you can't compare that at all.

Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, maybe toss in Time Squad or Sheep in the Big City. Those all feature a rather simplistic style, reminiscent of each other with the same Hanna-Barbara limited cel animation (later flash).

Adventure Time looks NOTHING like Flapjack or Regular Show. Like I said, I don't even like Adventure Time, but it's way too far away from the others to be compared to it. Gumball might be a fair comparison, but again, that show features a lot of LSD in its design and is like a weird love child of Flapjack/Regular Show and Williams Street shows like ATHF (due to the actual props).

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LightSuitGuy

51. Posted:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Actually, Adventure Time started before Flapjack, and I find that Powerpuff Girls has the same look to the cartoons you talked negatively about. Perhaps not exactly, but still looks simplistic in some ways. And I wouldn't call Regular Show a "Cookie Cutter" but the characters aren't professionally drawn either.

Flapjack premiered in 2008. Adventure Time in 2010, the short in 2008 doesn't really count.

Kyloctopus wrote:

I find that Powerpuff Girls has the same look to the cartoons you talked negatively about. Perhaps not exactly, but still looks simplistic in some ways. And I wouldn't call Regular Show a "Cookie Cutter" but the characters aren't professionally drawn either.

PPG used thicker, more square-ish and pointed outlines on characters. None of them had noodley arms or giant oval teeth and they never made expressions their design couldn't realistically do.

rayword45 wrote:

Ed Edd n Eddy and Courage were different studios, so you can't compare that at all.

Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, maybe toss in Time Squad or Sheep in the Big City. Those all feature a rather simplistic style, reminiscent of each other with the same Hanna-Barbara limited cel animation (later flash).

Adventure Time looks NOTHING like Flapjack or Regular Show. Like I said, I don't even like Adventure Time, but it's way too far away from the others to be compared to it. Gumball might be a fair comparison, but again, that show features a lot of LSD in its design and is like a weird love child of Flapjack/Regular Show and Williams Street shows like ATHF (due to the actual props).

I know the classic CN shows I compared weren't produced by the same studio, thats my point. RS, AT, and FJ were all made by different people, but have the same style to them.

I think we should just agree to disagree on wheather or not the three shows look-alike, since its going nowhere fast.

Edited on by LightSuitGuy

NL's biggest Jar Jar Binks fan! (probably)
Does Duck Hunt really need a wiki?
Currently playing: (Wii U) Smash Bros. 4