Forums

Topic: Confirmed: US and Israel created Stuxnet

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

JustAnotherUser

"In 2011, the US government rolled out its "International Strategy for Cyberspace," which reminded us that "interconnected networks link nations more closely, so an attack on one nation’s networks may have impact far beyond its borders." An in-depth report today from the New York Times confirms the truth of that statement as it finally lays bare the history and development of the Stuxnet virus—and how it accidentally escaped from the Iranian nuclear facility that was its target.

The article is adapted from journalist David Sanger's forthcoming book, Confront and Conceal: Obama’s Secret Wars and Surprising Use of American Power, and it confirms that both the US and Israeli governments developed and deployed Stuxnet. The goal of the worm was to break Iranian nuclear centrifuge equipment by issuing specific commands to the industrial control hardware responsible for their spin rate. By doing so, both governments hoped to set back the Iranian research program—and the US hoped to keep Israel from launching a pre-emptive military attack."

Source

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

shingi_70

We tend not to talk politics here.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Reala

Untitled

Reala

Wheels2050

Interesting - I'll have to read that NYT article more carefully tonight. Thanks for pointing it out!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Wheels2050

Thanks for your valuable input to the topic, Birdman.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

The_Fox

Untitled

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

komicturtle

@The_Fox

LOL I loved that part in one of The World's Dumbest!

komicturtle

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.