Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 9,501 to 9,520 of 9,620

sgm_darkcon

OK here a update on my progress so far for doors
ENGB009_V0.48
north south east west doors work in game now need to code for keys usage too still.
had to fix another bug in automapping now working right again brought it down from 25 lines of code to five now to do same thing
got teleport traps working within the maze not still need to code if teleport in to rock tho.
did art for doors and ladders going up and down, and pits, walls are now solid. testing shapshot mode while saving your party when leaving the game not sure if i want to make snapshot unless I can embed the save game data to that snapshot.grp I mite need help with that when I get to that point on the project, and fixxed other little things.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by sgm_darkcon

sgm_darkcon

Eel

I was very bored the other day and decided to make a quick program, and now I'm kinda hooked working on it.

pic

It's becoming a nice little "third person view" maze/dungeon game. I like it

Just a question, is there any way to scale and draw sprites in the g layer besides gputchr? As you can see I have been using it to give a faux 3d effect (only in the stones), but some of the layers end up looking very rough. It would be great if there was a way to scale and draw them directly in a smooth way instead.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Malltog

I have returned! Does anyone remember me?

A while ago I posted Carrot OS to the QR code thread. Since it's been a year, I decided to start over. Cherry OS 0.1 is posted in the QR code thread.

I'm posting here as well because, as I also explained there, I'd prefer feedback on Cherry OS, if there is any, to come here instead of the QR code
thread.

EDIT: I've got a question for you guys as well. What's the usual way to make a library for Petit Computer?
EDIT2: By "library" I mean a collection of GOSUB procedures, not a QR code collection.

Edited on by Malltog

Malltog

Nintendo Network ID: Malltog

TexMurphy

Merry Christmas All ! I've been playing Aliens Infestation so I haven't made many games. Does anyone have any small game qr codes they can realease for Christmas? I was trying to make a character made out of sprite parts for a fighting game. Having problems with simple rotation of points.
EDIT: Can anyone use this to make a 3D game? All it needs is connecting lines and the y axis moving out on the top screen like the x axis does. Let me know what you think please.
Untitled

@Malltog Unfortunately, I type everything over each time. It would be nice to have a basic template for different types of programs. It seems I type button directions over and over. like, if b == 1 then gosub (at) up.

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

Malltog

@TexMurphy That would be a good idea, but I was thinking for Cherry OS. Would people around here, in general, prefer APPEND or some trickery with PRGNAME$ and EXEC and variables containing labels? Personally, I prefer the second... it's a bit clumsy, yes, but it's also cleaner and uses less lines of code in your program. I'm not sure how exactly it would work, though.

Malltog

bigdog00

Hey guys! It's been a long time, but I had an idea. I know most people are done with making OS's, but I want CincOS to be like android. Anyone who wants to modify it and make their own distribution can, but they have to give credit to me and (if they modified another distribution) the creator of that distribution. That way, anyone who wants to make an OS has a template. I also redid the GUI and it looks pretty cool.
What do you guys think?
*Also, I just got a Wii U, but I plan to make an entirely new OS that's touch-based, and works well with the 3ds. I don't know when I'll get that done.

Edited on by bigdog00

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Malltog

@bigdog00

Done with making OSes? Why on earth would you say that?

The distribution system you're thinking of is the GNU/Linux element of Android at work. I agree in theory, but it's a bit tricky to do in PTC.

I stopped updating Cherry OS because CHRISTMAS and then NEW YEARS and then I found myself drawing large blanks on what to add next.

Malltog

bigdog00

@malltog I just haven't had time to work on it, but yes, that's what I was thinking. I made my own distro of linux (modified it with python and stuff) but I see how it'd be difficult. We could work together and try to make CincOS better if you want, or I could just release it as-is.

bigdog00

I'm thinking about making an OS that's more like Android (Really customizable) and iOS (Really powerful and fast.) The latest version of CincOS has extension support, and theme support, but that's about as customizable as it gets. I'd like to make a really customizable OS like android, but powerful like iOS. @malltog

Edited on by bigdog00

Discostew

v1.0.2 of Megaman 2 PTC is available now.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

T-bender

Hello guys,

I've been away quite a long time now (let's say 3 quarter years? Not sure) and I saw all kinds of PTC programs appear on YouTube. Have I missed much? Can someone tell me what happened and if there are any cool games relleased? From now on I'll be back and write my own programs and finish that raytrace Call of Duty game I made progress on.

So exited about Smile BASIC for 3DS!

Edit: of course there are lots of epic programs released, but can you guys give me examples that you made? Like the epic Mega Man 2 simulation and of course Flappy Bird which I both have played a lot.

Edited on by T-bender

Progress:
Alarm Clock (PTC) 75% done
Shooter w/o a name yet (PTC) 0,01% done Xd

MyLegGuy

I'm making a program that uses a cursor and I want it to move....uh....relative to the position its already in. I don't want the cursor to just jump over to where your tapping, I want it to stay where it previously was, but obey all new movements. Let's say the cursor was at the position 200, 75. Then I put my stylus on the screen at 0,0 and move it to the right, then the cursor would move somewhere to the right of 200,75. Like how you control a computer's cursor.

Hello.

Nintendo Network ID: MyLegGuy2

T-bender

@mystman12 Whut? No!
A game that plays pretty much like Metroid, but with a giant baby head!?!?
Brilliant, just BRILLIANT!
That would sell 100.000.000.000 Units worldwide!

Just kidding, but I actually like the game.

@MyLegGuy I used to make an OS and managed to make a correct working cursor. If I still have the code, I'll share it with you.

Working on a multitouch-program, which allows user to tap with 2 fingers on the screen. Usefull for multi button tap on the touch screen. I got inspired by this Japanese video: http://youtu.be/Im7JTVSGSSc?t=8m8s
As you can see, it is quite a simple technology. You tap on a random spot on the touch screen, then tap another spot. Because the DSi and 3DS don't support multitap, it will grab a place between the 2 taps. Just calculating where the second tap should be from the first tap and the tap between the two taps, and you're good to go! I want to finish my operating system and make it multitap compatible, like Android and iOS!

Edit: And I'll eventually port it over to Smile BASIC on the 3DS when it is relleased, since it uses the same language with extra options.

Edited on by T-bender

Progress:
Alarm Clock (PTC) 75% done
Shooter w/o a name yet (PTC) 0,01% done Xd

bigdog00

MyLegGuy wrote:

I'm making a program that uses a cursor and I want it to move....uh....relative to the position its already in. I don't want the cursor to just jump over to where your tapping, I want it to stay where it previously was, but obey all new movements. Let's say the cursor was at the position 200, 75. Then I put my stylus on the screen at 0,0 and move it to the right, then the cursor would move somewhere to the right of 200,75. Like how you control a computer's cursor.

What I'd do is at the beginning of every frame get TCHX and TCHY and store them in variables, and at the end get the position as well. Then you would do something like this:
TCHXchg = TCHX1 - TCHX
TCHYchg = TCHY1 - TCHY

TCHXchg and TCHYchg are new variables (obviously), and TCHX1 and TCHY1 are the variables you got at the beginning of the frame. Then apply TCHXchg and TCHYchg to your X and Y variables for your cursor.

bigdog00

T-bender wrote:

Working on a multitouch-program, which allows user to tap with 2 fingers on the screen. Usefull for multi button tap on the touch screen. I got inspired by this Japanese video: http://youtu.be/Im7JTVSGSSc?t=8m8s
As you can see, it is quite a simple technology. You tap on a random spot on the touch screen, then tap another spot. Because the DSi and 3DS don't support multitap, it will grab a place between the 2 taps. Just calculating where the second tap should be from the first tap and the tap between the two taps, and you're good to go! I want to finish my operating system and make it multitap compatible, like Android and iOS!

Edit: And I'll eventually port it over to Smile BASIC on the 3DS when it is relleased, since it uses the same language with extra options.

I HAD THAT SAME IDEA TOO!!! Except I didn't have a good way to do it. I'd love to see you get it done though!

MyLegGuy

@bigdog00
Thanks, I'll try that out sometime this weekend.

Edit: There is an edit button, bigdog.

Edited on by MyLegGuy

Hello.

Nintendo Network ID: MyLegGuy2

Discostew

Shoot! Major flaw in v1.0.2 of Megaman 2 PTC regarding the Main Game and the Wily Stages. v1.0.3 is up on my website, but it contains a single fix for this problem, so for those not wanting to rescan 80+ codes for the program, my website also includes self-fix instructions for the issue.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

bigdog00

So guys... I got the original LoZ for my 3DS (And I feel like an idiot because shortly after I bought it I saw it on club nintendo but that's another story...) Anyway, I was thinking about making a LoZ-like game, but I have no idea how arrays work so I don't know how I would make the map and scroll it and stuff. Maybe this could be a group project where we all contribute?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic