Forums

Topic: Screen protectors

Posts 21 to 34 of 34

longtimegamer

Been awhile since I bought screen protectors, if someone finds one that is more durable than others, maybe they could tell us which one.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Victoria

Sorry to bump up an old post, but I wanted to tell you what I found. I couldn't stand the scratches on the old screen protector any longer. I ordered an 'officially licensed' protector by Hori and what a difference! This new feels a lot thicker, and is really smooth when running the stylus over it. I've been using it for 4 days now and there's not a mark on it. Unlike the other one I had that got scratches from day one. Obviously I just had a cheap one to begin with (it came free with a 'essential pack' when I bought the DSi).
Here's a link to the protector on the UK Amazon site so you know which one I'm recommending.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officially-Licensed-Screen-Protective...

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

Slapshot

I dont like the glue residue it leaves on the screen after you peel the protector off so, I use my DSi for only touch screen "light" games and my DS light for games that are heavy on the stylus imput such as EBA, Ouendan.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Pegasus

Hm, I think I'll take a gander at those Hori ones once my current generic ones, which really don't seem to be that great, get too scratched. I typically wait a few months (as long as six) before I change them out.

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

odd69

my ds screen is scratched to hell and back so when i get my dsi, im going to buy 2 of those moe-foes.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Slapshot

Need help!!! Just bought DSi screen protectors and it making my screen look really blurry. Its official Nintendo products. And can you use the protector screen labeled Top for the Bottom screen as a replacement or is it different and the other? Does the blur go away after it settles more cause its only been about an hour since I put them on and I did a pretty good job with no dust or bubbles under screen. And how do you guys get the screens off when you change them and what about left over residue?

Pegasus

Are you sure they're official Nintendo products? If they have the Nintendo seal all it means is that they're authorized vendors for that product; nothing more, nothing less. It shouldn't look blurry at all. I've never had that kind of problem with screen protectors before, so I don't know about that. As for the top protector you probably can only use it once you cut it down to size, since those usually are bigger than the ones for the touch screen.

I've never had any problem with residue or the like. To remove you simply need to get under one of the corners of the protector - typically I use the "flattener" that comes with the protectors for that - and pull it up just enough so you can peel it off by hand then.

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

TheScarletWolf

Maybe I've just been grandfather'ed into these protectors with my old PDAs(of which I wish were still made, darn you Dell!), but the best way to put them on is to use the plastic wedge it comes with and to just walk it on with that. Bah, this is hard to explain but it just takes practice. Sorta think of it as putting on a band-aid. Just peel it back a bit to stick it on, and then peel the rest as you smooth it on slowly.

Now, about the difference in the protectors for "Top" and "Bottom" is mostly the cut. The plastic is the same but the top on is bigger because of the design. At least for the DS Lite, cause that's the only DS I have. If you don't have to use the top one then just cut the size for the bottom, but it may be hard to get it perfect or just look off. Don't do this if it bothers you too much.

Residue? Pfft, that is the least of your worries. Protecting the life of the screen is the most important thing. I didn't use one for the last Dell Axim X30 and regret not spending the extra money on it. I miss that old thing.. Besides, those protectors are designed to go on once and that's it, if it comes off you can't put it back. Besides, you could just wipe that stuff up if you need to but if you get the protector on good, you will never need to take it off so that arguement is moot. OH! Don't forget to clean the screen good before getting it off, you can get the anti-static wipe a little wet if you need to, just blot it with water with your finger and that will be enough. If you are too afraid of that, then just dry wipe with the cloth those protectors come with. And before you put it on, some good protectors will have it's one protector that you will need to remove to make it crystal clear. I've used one on mine sense the DS Lite first came out and never had to change it.

Also, one last thing I want to add doesn't really go towards that topic but it does have to do with the touch screen. While trolling forums about caring for PDAs I came across a little trick to keep the screen in the best responsive shape as can be and it was keeping the edges clean. You see, the casing around the screen doesn't fully meet with the glass. This is due to the design of touch screen, as there is a thin plastic layer where the electric conductive gel is under so when it is pressed in a certain spot will sense this and input this digitally. Anywho, if you get a piece of paper and then rip off a corner you can use that to get under the very edge of the screen and get out any dust or garbage. This crude will interupt inputs and cause the screen to give false readings. You would be surprise how the smallest bit of dirt will messing with the touch screen. Just did that with mine and got a lot of crude, so thought I would just give my little tidbits to interesting anyone out there.

EDIT: Holy Mother of a Boomer! I really went off on thise subject... I need a better hobby... D:

Edited on by TheScarletWolf

Wait... Wolf in name... Fox in avatar... Don't make no sen-

ktoons

No way TheScarletWolf, that's a good and helpful hobby
Thanks for the tips, I never thought about the edges.

ktoons

Slapshot

Thanks alot guys. Thats a Lot of really good info. So get this after I posted I was like there is somehting way off with this protector and .......Oh Snap I forgot to take that other Dagnumit I forgot to pull that other tiny little sheet of plastic off!!! So its on now and It can barely be seen. Im happy and I cleaned the crap out of it and only got 1 tiny little dust spot under it so Im cool with that too lol. Thanks guys for the input. Its just that my DSLite got a little banged up with Oendan and EBA and the DSi cost a bit more to replace so I dont want to risk it again. Thanks again guys.

ktoons

Hey Victoria, just wanted to know what your screen protector looks like right now. Still no scratches?
I'm also considering buying the Hori screen protectors because mine are just crap.

ktoons

Victoria

nagareboshi wrote:

Hey Victoria, just wanted to know what your screen protector looks like right now. Still no scratches?
I'm also considering buying the Hori screen protectors because mine are just crap.

It's still great. Not a mark on it. I say go for it.
I'm thinking about buying another set of them so I can cover my MP3 player's screen. Right now I'm using a screen protector that I've cut down from my PalmPDA ... but these Hori ones are quite a bit studier, and since the MP3 player has no cover on it - just goes into my handbag - I think the Hori one would be a lot better for it.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

ktoons

Cool, thanks for your answer

ktoons

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.