Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 9,620

Justlink

swordx wrote:

justlink wrote:

hey guys, i just finished a facebook like app, but i need to add to it. can you connect petit computer games to the internet or use them over multiple systems by connecting them

I don't think Petit Computer can connect to the internet...Sorry.

can the games connect at all?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

swordx

justlink wrote:

swordx wrote:

justlink wrote:

hey guys, i just finished a facebook like app, but i need to add to it. can you connect petit computer games to the internet or use them over multiple systems by connecting them

I don't think Petit Computer can connect to the internet...Sorry.

can the games connect at all?

It IS possible to exchange data locally, but it's too slow for a real game.

swordx

Justlink

nvm bigdog knows how to, thx anyway

portealmario

I'm thinking about making a virtual rc car for the contest, do you like the idea? Also, I think I'm gonna make a "virtual machine" kind of thing. It's files will mostly be made up os mem files, and basically, to install an os, or anather program for it to start right away, there will me a special executable that you can fill. If I make it, I will also make an os installation wizard, and a defauls shell os. I'll try to make it so the wizard will allow you to use custom os's. do you guys like that idea?

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

Justlink

i think it sounds cool. if you make it, post the qr codes

KAHN

i've been told by a lot of my local friends that my story is too dark for a zelda title. i always intended it to be dark, but maybe it's too dark? i hold the zelda series very close to my heart, and i would not dream of tainting the series. i've decided not to call it Zelda iii. i'm still making it, but i'll have to skin the game with a different setting, list of characters, etc. i'm still making the game, and if you want, you can try and connect the dots to find out which character is linked to which. the story is pretty much identical to my Zelda iii project, the only difference being that names are different.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

portealmario

Uh, @bigdog00, I was looking for a way to get concos, and saw that you uploaded it recently. But there's one problem. You put the like to "my files" instead of the actual files, so the link takes you either to your own files, or a page asking you to sign up. Please put the link to the actual files. Actually, it's butter to find an image hosting website and use a link to them. Most of them are made so you don't even need to click the link.

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

IAmSpike

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

i've been told by a lot of my local friends that my story is too dark for a zelda title. i always intended it to be dark, but maybe it's too dark? i hold the zelda series very close to my heart, and i would not dream of tainting the series. i've decided not to call it Zelda iii. i'm still making it, but i'll have to skin the game with a different setting, list of characters, etc. i'm still making the game, and if you want, you can try and connect the dots to find out which character is linked to which. the story is pretty much identical to my Zelda iii project, the only difference being that names are different.

If it's too dark, turn on the light! Untitled Hahahaha! Ahahaha... ahem.

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

swordx

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

Good. I always enjoy original games more than fan-made spin-offs of already existing franchises. I'm excited to see your game. Will it be top-down or side-scrolling?

One of the games I'm working on is top-down. The engine is good, but it has a bug or two that can't be fixed without redoing the coding, so I'll have to wait for Dungeon Adventure 3 to fix it.

By the way, a video of Dungeon Adventure 2 will be released within the next month. It will only show a little bit of combat. There will NOT be any demos for this game.

swordx

Hairmanban19

@Swordx I added you to my 3DS friend list and noticed you already added me,and i sent you some swapnote messages.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

KAHN

swordx wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

Good. I always enjoy original games more than fan-made spin-offs of already existing franchises. I'm excited to see your game. Will it be top-down or side-scrolling?

One of the games I'm working on is top-down. The engine is good, but it has a bug or two that can't be fixed without redoing the coding, so I'll have to wait for Dungeon Adventure 3 to fix it.

By the way, a video of Dungeon Adventure 2 will be released within the next month. It will only show a little bit of combat. There will NOT be any demos for this game.

it will be top down with side scrolling portions, like in Link's Awakening. i am working on sprites, but i am new to sprites, so they look really bad. i don't want to post them here until i'm satisfied with them. and since this isnt Zelda iii, i have to redesign them D;

KAHN

swordx

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

swordx wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

it will be top down with side scrolling portions, like in Link's Awakening. i am working on sprites, but i am new to sprites, so they look really bad. i don't want to post them here until i'm satisfied with them. and since this isnt Zelda iii, i have to redesign them D;

Do what I did and start from pre-built sprites, then edit them. I made a girl with ponytails from the basic boy, and I'm TERRIBLE at art, so it helps a lot. You should also ask people if they can make you sprites.

swordx

bigdog00

Can someone please help me with READ, DATA, and ARRAY commands? Thanks in advanced!

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Discostew

bigdog00 wrote:

Can someone please help me with READ, DATA, and ARRAY commands? Thanks in advanced!

READ works by reading a segment of a DATA line. You do this by calling RESTORE @label, where @label is a name that starts a set of DATA lines, like so

RESTORE @MYDATA
READ AVAR1
READ AVAR2
READ AVAR3,AVAR4,AVAR5,AVAR6
PRINT AVAR1,AVAR2,AVAR3,AVAR4,AVAR5,AVAR6
END

@MYDATA
DATA 0
DATA 1,2
DATA 1,2,3

The code above sets the "read" position to the first DATA line after the label, and each READ statement load a variable (or group like the 3rd one does), and then it prints them all out as "0 1 2 1 2 3". You can have multiple sections that have DATA lines in it. If you want to access a different data set, then assign a label in front of it, and use RESTORE to set the read position to it.

Arrays are like variables, except they also have an index so you can use the same name for a group of values by changing the index. If you plan on having an array that can hold more than 10 elements, then you'll need to define them. Defining an array locks the element count to it, so you can't access an element greater than what was assigned, nor can you define it again unless you use CLEAR, which in turn wipes out ALL variables, so decide beforehand just how big you want the array to be

'Resets all variables and arrays, or else if you
'ran this program again after running it once, it would error at the DIM line
CLEAR

AN_ARRAY(0)=10: ' Works
AN_ARRAY(1)=3: 'Works too
AN_ARRAY(13)=5: 'Does not work

DIM ARRAY2(60): 'Assigns 60 elements to this name, ranging from 0-59
ARRAY2(0)=6: 'Works
ARRAY2(45)=49: 'Works
ARRAY(67)=2: 'Does not work

PRINT AN_ARRAY(0),ARRAY2(45)
END

This would print "10 49"

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Justlink

i think making a zelda game is one of the hardest thing to do you using basic. This is because of all the things that need added. For example, are there sidequests, or will u not include them and make everything a must have for the game.

Discostew

justlink wrote:

i think making a zelda game is one of the hardest thing to do you using basic. This is because of all the things that need added. For example, are there sidequests, or will u not include them and make everything a must have for the game.

As far as 2D Zelda games are concerned, the only "sidequest" stuff I can think of involve finding pieces of heart and other little items like the jars in Zelda 3.

Discostew

Justlink

question how do you use mem$.

if you add me then tell me so i add you
my fc is 5112-4809-1631

Edited on by Justlink

Discostew

Think of MEM$ as a normal string that is up to 256 characters long. The difference between MEM$ and strings is that you can use the SAVE/LOAD commands for it.

Discostew

KAHN

swordx wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

swordx wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

Do what I did and start from pre-built sprites, then edit them. I made a girl with ponytails from the basic boy, and I'm TERRIBLE at art, so it helps a lot. You should also ask people if they can make you sprites.

one of my friends is already on the case with character design (he's also my man for map design and character/land names). from there, i think i'll manage sprites. thanks for the tip though!

KAHN

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic