Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 9,620

KAHN

guys, i was always going to post it! i apologize for the miscommunication, though. i meant to say why i was posting it here, not whether or not i was or wasn't! just dont expect in the next few weeks. i'm pretty lazy.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

bigdog00

@0LD_SK0OL_PUNK , please add me on your 3ds!!! I added you.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

does anyone have ptc utilities? If so, can you draw and/or upload your own grps better than on the ds?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

ramstrong

Credible wrote:

I just figured out a very easy way to prevent my player from going through walls!
EDIT: I found the problem. When the background moves(BGOFS), the tile ID's don't move with it. So a house on one screen will be an invisible house on another.

That's nice. Why don't you write a tutorial on it? Lots of people want to do scrolling map.
Also, there's a way for collision detection to detect sprite-background interaction, although I haven't done it yet, so no guarantee it will work.

Credible wrote:

I've left out quite a few things, but all I need to know is how to have the sprite animate while the skeleton moves about.

The trick I use is to move the blast sprite for 45 frames. Start the movement in @BLAST, and in the main loop, check that the sprite is still moving. If not, then put it away. If you want stationary animation, you can move it to the same coordinates.

Discostew wrote:

It's unfortunate that some of the built-in functions of PTC don't have separate forms. For instance, GPSET and GSPOIT require that you have a X and Y component, when internally, it is a single-dimensional array. Use of these functions would greatly benefit people using them as data storage if they had a 1-d index alongside the existing 2d coordinate method. If only I could contact the developers....

I imagine their response would be to use translation formula: N=Y*256+X. X=N256;y=N/256
It's BASIC. It's not supposed to be fast. It's supposed to be easy. What can be easier than one line formula?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

swordx

My Zelda-like game now has a fully programmed enemy that can both kill you and be killed by you. You can kill enemies with a sword, and you can move in all 8 directions. It's starting with a grassy background.

swordx

Hairmanban19

Great,when could you post the QRs?

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

swordx

hairmanban19 wrote:

When it's finished. The game itself will be finished by March 14th, however, I'll need to program story elements once that is done, so expect it to be released no later than March 21st. Don't worry, I'll post some videos while you wait. I'm enjoying the programming of this game much more than Dungeon Adventure: The Cave of Monsters, so this will most likely be the better game. I hope you enjoy it. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to program puzzle elements...I'll try my best! Combat, sidequests, and a story are definitely going to be in the game. There will be a forest, a desert, a mountain, 3 towns, and 3 dungeons. Each of these will be divided up into nine screens, making a total of 81 screens. If the game turns out good, expansions will be a possibility.

swordx

KAHN

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

When it's finished. The game itself will be finished by March 14th, however, I'll need to program story elements once that is done, so expect it to be released no later than March 21st. Don't worry, I'll post some videos while you wait. I'm enjoying the programming of this game much more than Dungeon Adventure: The Cave of Monsters, so this will most likely be the better game. I hope you enjoy it. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to program puzzle elements...I'll try my best! Combat, sidequests, and a story are definitely going to be in the game. There will be a forest, a desert, a mountain, 3 towns, and 3 dungeons. Each of these will be divided up into nine screens, making a total of 81 screens. If the game turns out good, expansions will be a possibility.

sounds like it'll be good for studying!

KAHN

swordx

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

sounds like it'll be good for studying!

I hope you find it useful! It will use a lot of sprite collision, so if you need help with that, this will be useful!

swordx

KAHN

i hope you of all people know what you're doing. you're being graded on this, right? but how? by how much effort the teacher/professor thinks you put into it? by presentation? by accuracy to the source material?

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Oh i didnt read your post correctly,i thought you said you fully programmed the game.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

tiger667

Is there any way to make a sprite on the bottom screen using the background characters, specifically a 64X64 white square. I want to make a text window that can be closed with animation to make it more obvious where to touch the screen to get it back, and I made some code to do it on the top screen (though I forgot to save it so I need to redo it), but I can't use the same sprite on the bottom screen so I am hoping I can at least use a background tile as a large sprite.

PS: if anyone wants the closing window on the top screen I can remake the code and share it.

tiger667

swordx

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i hope you of all people know what you're doing. you're being graded on this, right? but how? by how much effort the teacher/professor thinks you put into it? by presentation? by accuracy to the source material?

I'm being graded on my creativity, presentation, and how much knowledge I show pertaining to the book. The version that I'll release will have the book-related things replaced with story elements. But trust me on this: I WILL DO GOOD! I'm an 8th grader. No one else in my grade knows how to do this, so I'm almost guaranteed a good grade.

swordx

KAHN

swordx wrote:

trust me on this: I WILL DO GOOD! I'm an 8th grader. No one else in my grade knows how to do this, so I'm almost guaranteed a good grade.

oh, i believe you! i hope you don't mind me asking, and i'm unsure whether or not you answered this before, but what IS your source material? what book are you reading in class?

KAHN

With_Questions

swordx wrote:

My Zelda-like game now has a fully programmed enemy that can both kill you and be killed by you. You can kill enemies with a sword

how does one go about doing this?

With_Questions

Kinsale

Does anyone know where I can find the QR code for petit farm?

Who are you running from? (?_?)/
someday there will be a cactus pokemon, that is actually good.
(O vvv O)/ add me if you want to play KI:U, or ACNL, OR Pokemon
I make a lot of typos, so expect many of my posts to be edited

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8031-2017

swordx

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

swordx wrote:

trust me on this: I WILL DO GOOD! I'm an 8th grader. No one else in my grade knows how to do this, so I'm almost guaranteed a good grade.

oh, i believe you! i hope you don't mind me asking, and i'm unsure whether or not you answered this before, but what IS your source material? what book are you reading in class?

Oh it was just some mythology-based book. I've always loved mythology. I think it was The Serpent's Shadow. lol I find it kinda funny. They say I have an 11th grade to college reading level, but I still enjoy the books based on mythology most. You'd think that I'd prefer more mature books.

@With_Questions

It was quite simple. The damaging is simple sprite collision. As for the movement, I did two things. For the first enemy, I made it so that the variables corresponding to the sprite's position would always be trying to be equal to the variables used for the player's position, but only when you moved. This causes it to move towards you whenever you move.

As for the second enemy, I just gave it random movements. However, this is actually the more complex AI. To keep the movements from becoming a jittery mess, I gave it a variable. When this variable was less than or equal to zero, a new direction was assigned through @labels. This also brought the ever-decreasing variable's value to 45, causing it to keep with the movement for a bit.

It's a bit hard to explain. The best thing you can do is just look at the coding once the game is done. It isn't too complex.

swordx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic