Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 9,620

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

I DEFINITELY won't be programming Dungeon Adventure for the next few months...I have to do a project in English, and I decided I'd program a video game. I'll be doing this on Petit Computer. Because my grades will depend on it, I WILL finish it quickly. Think of a top-down Zelda game. I'll give you a modified version of it, as the project version will just be used to describe a book. This will be the prequel to Dungeon Adventure, so it will be good that I'll be releasing this game first. If you're wondering just how far back this will take place, I'll tell you. This will be from a week before the attack on the town, up to the actual attack. I hope you guys enjoy the game!

Sounds pretty cool,and i am glad you are making it like a top-down Zelda game,but if your not going to be programming Dungeon adventure for a while could you at least release another beta for it?

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

bigdog00

Do you even care about Cincos?

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

bigdog00 wrote:

Do you even care about Cincos?

I do now. The last OS I dowmloaded gave me an error every time I moved the cursor. This is for Ptcomp right? Does anyone actually care about Battlewood? It got a major update now and looks quite a bit different then my previous snapshots. What would you choose as a theme, a sci fi or fantasy rpg?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Whydoievenbother

Ketchupcat wrote:

It would be awesome if someone made this
Untitled

Yeah. except the fight would be a little repetitive. I mean the same level over and over again with no increase in AI.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Pixelrobin

@Morphtroid Petit farm is the best PTCOMP game I have ever played! ( Next is Picross ) I have a few questions though, Like;
Is there another drop off point other than the one in the town where you can sell Goods?
What are the chances of catching the golden fish?
What do you do with the milk from cows?
Is there a path behind the shops to a secret room? I saw something suspicious...
Anything else you want to tell me?

Eel

Thank you!

1) There are 3 shipping baskets in the game you can use to sell your goods... The ones in your farm and your barn give you full money the next day and the one in town gives you 80% of the value instantly.

2) Every fish you fish has a 1 in 64 chance of being golden.

3) You can either sell it pure or make cheese if you have the cheese maker, you can then sell the cheese for more money,

4) It's just decoration sorry I added it to make it feel like there's something out there.

5) I don't know... Have you visited Anna's shop after 10 pm? The shop changes.... If you don't eat anything to start your day you'll lose more stamina when you use your items, it acumulates so you'll lose a lot of stamina if you don't eat anything for a week of playing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bigdog00

oh. one more thing, in CINCOSDV, go to the first GOTO command, and uncomment it (Delete the ' )

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Credible

I need some help with my program, please.
When the player (wizard sprite) presses A, it triggers a GOSUB (@blast) that animates and then disappears. However, in order for it to do this, I've had to put a VSYNC (45) command in there so the blast animates. This is a problem because it pauses the enemies random movement pattern while the blast animates, even if it is only for 3/4ths of a second. How can I have the sprite animate while the enemies random movement continues to generate?
Here's a loose version of the code I'm running:
@MAIN
SKEL=RND(3)
IF SKEL==1 THEN SANIM= 134 'Skeleton moves up
DIR=0:A=0
IF (BUTTON (2) AND 16) THEN DIR=DIR+16
IF DIR==16 THEN GOSUB @BLASTUP
GOTO @MAIN
@BLASTUP
SPSET 2,236,8,0,0,0: SPANIM 2,4,5,1
VSYNC 20
SPCLR 2
RETURN
I've left out quite a few things, but all I need to know is how to have the sprite animate while the skeleton moves about.

Edited on by Credible

Credible

swordx

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

I DEFINITELY won't be programming Dungeon Adventure for the next few months...I have to do a project in English, and I decided I'd program a video game. I'll be doing this on Petit Computer. Because my grades will depend on it, I WILL finish it quickly. Think of a top-down Zelda game. I'll give you a modified version of it, as the project version will just be used to describe a book. This will be the prequel to Dungeon Adventure, so it will be good that I'll be releasing this game first. If you're wondering just how far back this will take place, I'll tell you. This will be from a week before the attack on the town, up to the actual attack. I hope you guys enjoy the game!

Sounds pretty cool,and i am glad you are making it like a top-down Zelda game,but if your not going to be programming Dungeon adventure for a while could you at least release another beta for it?

The problem with releasing a new beta version is that I'd have to block off the 12th map to keep you from going to a largely-unprogrammed mess. After all this time, the only things I programmed (when I did program) were bits of floor 12 and almost the entire town. I was working so hard to finish the town and make it fun that I put off the main game. Also, there IS a release date for the top-down game. It will be on the web somewhere between March 14th and March 21st. This is so I have a week to incorporate the story elements, as the project version won't have a story, and will instead describe a book I had to read.

swordx

ZombieChiggers

/ sounds interesting...
l

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

ZombieChiggers

has anyone heard of DSCRAFT?
if so where and how can i get it!

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

Pixelrobin

snoremac wrote:

has anyone heard of DSCRAFT?
if so where and how can i get it!

Dscraft is a homebrew application. Homebrew is third party software that allows you to do pretty much what ptcomp offers, only much more. This requires you to hack your DS (I think) and is also kind of illegal because it can be used to pirate games. Dscraft is also for the original DS. So good luck there. It looks awesome though... Plus if you wait, Minecraft v1.8 is planned to be created for multiple platforms and portable systems. This includes the 3DS. I can't wait. On the other hand, this is the wrong forum......

Pixelrobin

Morphtroid wrote:

Thank you!

1) There are 3 shipping baskets in the game you can use to sell your goods... The ones in your farm and your barn give you full money the next day and the one in town gives you 80% of the value instantly.

2) Every fish you fish has a 1 in 64 chance of being golden.

3) You can either sell it pure or make cheese if you have the cheese maker, you can then sell the cheese for more money,

4) It's just decoration sorry I added it to make it feel like there's something out there.

5) I don't know... Have you visited Anna's shop after 10 pm? The shop changes.... If you don't eat anything to start your day you'll lose more stamina when you use your items, it acumulates so you'll lose a lot of stamina if you don't eat anything for a week of playing.

Wow thanks! I did not know that you gain the amount of stamina you lose. I always sold the plants in the woods...crap
Have you entered the game into a contest yet? (You might have to translate it though...)

Discostew

It's unfortunate that some of the built-in functions of PTC don't have separate forms. For instance, GPSET and GSPOIT require that you have a X and Y component, when internally, it is a single-dimensional array. Use of these functions would greatly benefit people using them as data storage if they had a 1-d index alongside the existing 2d coordinate method. If only I could contact the developers....

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Pixelrobin

@morphtroid One more question, What is the power egg?

Credible

I just figured out a very easy way to prevent my player from going through walls!
What I did was had the BGREAD command make it so that if the player isn't traveling on a certain tile, then he can't move forward.
Something like this:
@MOVE
SPOFS 0,X,Y,0
IF (BUTTON(0) AND 1) THEN GOSUB @CHECK
GOTO @MOVE
@CHECK
BGREAD (0,X/8,Y/8),ID
IF ID==(the tile you want the player to be able to walk on) THEN Y=Y-1
RETURN
I still have to mess around with it though, as the tile ID's are not what I thought they were, and I sometimes get different results for similar tiles I'm traveling across. I'm also getting similar numbers for tiles that are different. For example, the Manual has the grass tiles as 32 and 33. However, when I step on them I get values like 32801 and 32800, or sometimes even 32901. Also, I'll step on a bush tile and have it equal 32800. I'm sure it's something in the way that I drew the map in SCRED, but I'll look into it more deeply.
Maybe I should write tutorials, I'm sure they could help others.

EDIT: I found the problem. When the background moves(BGOFS), the tile ID's don't move with it. So a house on one screen will be an invisible house on another.

Edited on by Credible

Credible

Ketchupcat

MrMario02 wrote:

Ketchupcat wrote:

It would be awesome if someone made this
Untitled

Yeah. except the fight would be a little repetitive. I mean the same level over and over again with no increase in AI.

I have an idea for this. It can be kind of like tower defense, with the tower being Whispy. you can attack by blowing air, dropping apples and dropping Gordos. Enemies like waddle dees and waddle doos are constantly approaching, and you have to use your tree powers to kill them.The bosses (in order) are Poppy Bro Sr, Lololo and Lalala, Kaboola, Kracko, King Dedede, and Kirby.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Hairmanban19

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

about to begin a zelda iii demo! i'll post it here, for anyone that cares. it'll focus more on gameplay than story.

Please post it!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic