Forums

Topic: Have you ever met anyone who DOESN'T like Scribblenauts?

Posts 21 to 39 of 39

Chunky_Droid

Good Game (a TV show in Australia) reviewed it last night, some of the words they threw at it were incredible.

I'm getting the game tomorrow (it's not released here yet) and am looking forward to it. But so far, everyone I've described the game to wants me to give them a turn when I get it.

Chunky_Droid

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0236-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Chunky_Droid | Twitter:

JayArr

What the **** is Scribblenauts?

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Stuffgamer1

Ramandus wrote:

I'd say what I don't like about the game is that the difficulty is uneven. There are at least two very difficult levels at the beginning of the game. I would expect the early levels to be fairly easy, and then the harder stages at the end.

That's the inherent problem with a game that relies on your imagination, isn't it? What's very difficult for one person may be a total breeze for another. Same thing applies with Professor Layton, actually...some people are better at some kinds of puzzles than others.

@WolfRamHeart: That's pretty impressive, given that you somehow circumnavigated GameStop company policy to do so.

@Kid_A: Remember, if your statement is meant sarcastically and not to insult others, you should usually add a or to clarify. Actually, in this case, I'm not sure how much that would've helped. You spread the depth of obvious insulting words a bit thick there. I mean come on, "heartless shells of human beings?"

I think this game would've been awesome if the writing was on the bottom screen and the action was on the top screen, controlled by buttons. Just watch this week's Nintendo Week to see some CRAZY ideas I'd certainly never have thought of to get a cat off a roof! The width of possibility with thinking up solutions probably would have kept me trying at the frustrating ones for longer if it wasn't coupled with craptastic controls. I WANT to like this game, but it's too crippled to be able to.

@JayArr: Do you mean that? Just check the review here.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

cheetahman91

I've never known anybody who even knows what this Scribblenauts is.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

LinktotheFuture

I haven't played it, but because the review said the controls were a real problem, then I am not going to bother.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

JayArr

Wait! Wait! Wait!

So this game makes you be creative and use your imagination and stuff? Uggh....puke!

I like my games on rails and mindless, thank you very much. i.e. SMB 3 or Star Fox 64. That's the way games are supposed to be!

If I wanted to use my brain I'd of finished Jr. High School.

Odnetnin

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Ramandus wrote:

I'd say what I don't like about the game is that the difficulty is uneven. There are at least two very difficult levels at the beginning of the game. I would expect the early levels to be fairly easy, and then the harder stages at the end.

That's the inherent problem with a game that relies on your imagination, isn't it? What's very difficult for one person may be a total breeze for another. Same thing applies with Professor Layton, actually...some people are better at some kinds of puzzles than others.

@WolfRamHeart: That's pretty impressive, given that you somehow circumnavigated GameStop company policy to do so.

@Kid_A: Remember, if your statement is meant sarcastically and not to insult others, you should usually add a or to clarify. Actually, in this case, I'm not sure how much that would've helped. You spread the depth of obvious insulting words a bit thick there. I mean come on, "heartless shells of human beings?"

I think this game would've been awesome if the writing was on the bottom screen and the action was on the top screen, controlled by buttons. Just watch this week's Nintendo Week to see some CRAZY ideas I'd certainly never have thought of to get a cat off a roof! The width of possibility with thinking up solutions probably would have kept me trying at the frustrating ones for longer if it wasn't coupled with craptastic controls. I WANT to like this game, but it's too crippled to be able to.

@JayArr: Do you mean that? Just check the review here.

Regardless of everything, great post.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Ramandus

Odnetnin, maybe you don't know but I did reply to your Friend Code thread

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

Kid_A

JayArr wrote:

Wait! Wait! Wait!

So this game makes you be creative and use your imagination and stuff? Uggh....puke!

I like my games on rails and mindless, thank you very much. i.e. SMB 3 or Star Fox 64. That's the way games are supposed to be!

If I wanted to use my brain I'd of finished Jr. High School.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

JayArr

Kid_A wrote:

A joke my friend.......just a joke.

FATEM

chunky_droid wrote:

Good Game (a TV show in Australia) reviewed it last night, some of the words they threw at it were incredible.

Damnit I keep missing Good Game. I'm going to have to download the entire back catalogue of Vodcasts for this year.

FATEM

Stuffgamer1

@Odnetnin: I'm a bit confused. What do you mean by "regardless of everything?" Still annoyed that I don't like Scribblenauts?

@JayArr: Glad to hear that. I had basically the same reaction to that post as Kid_A, but I didn't want to say anything. Coulda been majorly awkward if you were being serious...

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Cheezy

I haven't met anyone who even KNOWS what Scribblenauts is....

Who Are You?

Stuffgamer1

@Odnetnin: I'm no less confused now. What is there to take into account that would make you NOT like that post?

Ramandus

LOL, Odnetnin that is AWESOME you can leave everyone confused even though you tried to clarify, lol.

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.