Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,774

HolyMackerel

labrat7 wrote:

What should I get with 1000 DsiWare points? Give me some combinations, if you wouldn't mind.

200 + 200 + 200 + 200 + 200, 500 + 500, 800 + 200, or 1000. That's all the combinations you got.

HolyMackerel

xAlias

/me smirks in a combination of pain and laughter.

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

bboy2970

@labrat7: Have you looked into any of the Art Style games? They're 500 points each and are mostly fantastic. I would give my full recommendation to any combination of 2 Art Style games with maybe the exception of AQUIA and ZENGAGE. That leaves PiCTOBiTS, BASE 10, precipice, BOXLIFE, and DIGIDRIVE. Out of those I would say the 2 best in my opinion would be PiCTOBiTS and BASE10. If Art Style doesn't work for you then maybe you would consider Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon. Its 500 points and just an excellent video pinball game that it perfect for quick pick up and play sessions. Also a great option at the 500 point price is Pop Island. Its a very fun capture the flag-ish kind of game that supports DS Download Play so you can play with others on any other DS system and they don't need the game. If you like the sound of that but think 500 is too much then there is also Pop Island: Paperfield which is a little lighter on content because it doesn't have as many areas but still supports 8 player download play. Both are a great option. Staying with Racing, if you got Paperfield you would have 800 points left which could buy the excellent AiRace. This is a racer with various Airplanes. It is fairly deep with 6 courses in all plus reverses of each as well as a championship mode where you attempt to earn trophies in each class. You can use money you earn to upgrade various stats on you plane. It also supports up to 6 players wireless multiplayer but unfortunately, all participants must own the game. Of course if you would rather not get 2 racing games you might consider getting AiRace with a nice 200 point game. And no 200 point game is nicer than Aura Aura Climber. It is without a doubt one of the most bang for your buck 200 point games. It has 10 levels in all, all of which are quite large. you are evaluated on each level and also have many achievement-esque things to strive for within the game. It can get quite challenging and is very fun. So there's my 2 cents on the matter. If you want a great value for your 1000 pioints then you could do:
Aura Aura Climber(200)
Pop Island: Paperfield(200)
Art Style: PiCTOBiTS(500)
Then you would get a nice racing game with a great multiplayer function, a fun little Action game with alot of replay value on it, and a very well polished, challenging puzzle game that will have you going for a while. That is, in my opinion, the best way to spend your 1000 points, and you'll even have 100 points left over If you want more clarification on any games I mentioned, let me know

Edited on by bboy2970

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

xAlias

Thanks so much, bboy, I think I'll get Pop Island: Paperfield, but then I'd need an 800-point game. Any suggestions on those?

xAlias

KnucklesSonic8

Great choice. Follow that up with X-Scape!

KnucklesSonic8

xAlias

I don't know about X-Scape, I'd like to think about what else I could get first, but thanks for the advice. I've heard many great things about X-Scape.

xAlias

KnucklesSonic8

As far as I'm concerned, it was one of the best games released in 2010. Highly recommend it.
Try Alphabounce?

KnucklesSonic8

xAlias

Already have it. Anything else?
sorry for being so demanding...

xAlias

KnucklesSonic8

Save the Turtles, Starship Defense, Trajectile?

KnucklesSonic8

xAlias

Starship Defense might be the one. Let me do some research. If you want you can continue reeling them off.

xAlias

bboy2970

Again, AiRace is a fun option but other 800 point games that are quite good also include:

X-Scape
Mighty Flip Champs
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again
DodoGo!
Art Academy (if your into drawing and painting)
Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ

Oh, and there are a few games at the other price points I forgot to mention:

10 Second run (200)
Alphabounce (500)
Bejeweled Twist (500)
Bookworm (500)
Glow Artisan (500)
Link 'n' Launch (500)
Number Battle (500)
Spotto! (200)
Touch Solitaire (200)

Of course, there is always the option of adding a 10 more dollars to your account and downloading the absolutely brilliant Shantae: Risky's Revenge. That game is without a doubt one of the very brightest gems on the service. You will fall in love with it if you like Metroid or Castlevania. And even if you don't, you might still love it (I loved Shantae and really can't stand 2D Metroid or Castlevania). If you want my real, honest recommendation though, add a bunch of money to you account and buy as many titles as you can that I've listed that interest you at all They really all are worth a serious look.

bboy2970

honestly, ignoring the price stipulation, these are the games that you should absolutely own:

Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Aura Aura Climber
Art Style: PiCTOBiTS
Art Style: BASE 10
Touch Solitaire
Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon

That comes to 3100 points or 31 dollars. These are a group of games every DSi owner should absolutely have. (of course you should do your own research on them though, just in case )

xAlias

Thanks, I think I'm going to get an 800-point game first and save the other 200, in case I want to get Shantae later. You don't have to keep going now (unless you want to suggest 800-pointers).

xAlias

bboy2970

Glad I could help Always nice to see more customers in the DSi Shop! The poor thing is criminally under-rated

xAlias

Any 500-Point Suggestions?

xAlias

bboy2970

The best of the best 500 pointers are:

Trajectile
Art Style: PiCTOBiTS
Art Style: Base 10
Art Style: BOXLIFE
Pop Island
Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon
Starship Defense

Any one of those are wonderful purchases!

Birdman

@labrat - I have no idea what you already own from the 500 point range, but here are my favorite 500 pointers in no real order:
AlphaBounce
A Kappa's Trail
Bejeweled Twist
Art Style: BASE 10
Castle Conqueror
Dark Void Zero
Maestro! Green Groove
Number Battle
Planet Puzzle League Express
Starship Defense
Trajectile

Those are my favorite 500 pointers, anyway. There are bound to be a few not everyone agrees upon in there...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

slidecage

does nintendo ever have sale on their games like sony does on the psn games

down to 600 pts now (before adding any other cards) been looking around and really dont see much good at 200 pts. that are sort of long and have replay vaule. unless im overlooking some

also that number battle game anyone know if there is a TRUE cart game that is like that... i would be more then happy to pay 30 or 40 bucks for a game like that if it had ALOT of puzzles (download has like 30) be neat if they would release a cart based game with 300 maps or so

i was wondering why it always said I can not find the planets on alphabounce... you need to play the levels over the planets to find them LOL i was just flying all over the maps trying to collect everything... right now i would have to say that is my best 500 pt game Tied with Crystal monsters....

also for people who have Dairojo! Samurai Defenders how many levels are there i know it says each map have 99 zones of people coming at you but how many levels (maps are their)

if i knew it was Very long i would think about buying it BUT at 800 pts that is a very high buy with many questions about the game

other then that any good 200 pt buys (doubtful they will be long and replay vaule)

seems i found an answer
as the half-dozen different stages to choose from are given these arbitrary star ratings that don't make much immediate sense. only 6 stages in Dairojo! Samurai Defenders guess i keep to my tower defence psp games i have

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic