Forums

Topic: Remaining NES and GBA exclusives for early 3DS owners

Posts 121 to 140 of 331

Dynetheous

@coolking64 i think you forgot fire emblem :3 ...and M&L SS hahaha i hope they tell us the rest of the games soon

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Birdman

I got a SpotPass last night informing me of the Ambassador program ... I really thought it was a new video for Nintendo Video.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

LzWinky

September 1st is going to be a good day!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dynetheous

im wondering if nintendo is going to automatically download all the nes games to our 3ds or do we have to go into the eshop and download them all individually? im hoping that they automatically download them, ill just leave my 3ds on all night and ill have them all in the morning :3

Birdman

@Zephren - As nice as that would be, they'll probably just be grouped together in a section of the eShop dedicated to them, much like how they released Pokédex 3D and other free apps.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Dynetheous

oh well, looks like ill be downloading for an hour, (my internet is slow) all i can do is hope for them to be downloaded automatically

pntjr

NES:
Kirby's Adventure
Mother 3 (Yes, I can dream)
Kid Icarus

GBA
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros 2 (WIth save feature)
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 (With Save feature)
Wario Land 4
Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

Dizzard

I don't know if they would give us Kirby's Adventure for the NES, isn't there already a game boy version of it on the eShop? That would be a bit of a cop out if they gave us that game. What if you had already bought the game boy version? :/

Edited on by Dizzard

Dizzard

TubbyGoofyGooba

I'm really hoping Nintendo releases these GBA and NES games for the general public soon because I don't have a 3DS yet.

PSN=Skyrim2424. Youtube= TubbyGoofyGooba224. 3DS= Will have to update after christmas because I don't have one. sniffle Currently playing: OoT

pntjr

TubbyGoofyGooba wrote:

I'm really hoping Nintendo releases these GBA and NES games for the general public soon because I don't have a 3DS yet.

then get one.

pntjr

Dizzard wrote:

I don't know if they would give us Kirby's Adventure for the NES, isn't there already a game boy version of it on the eShop? That would be a bit of a cop out if they gave us that game. What if you had already bought the game boy version? :/

No, that's Kirby's Dreamland, and it FAILS.

DF2506

I like Kirby's Dreamland, but Kirby's Adventure is better imo. I have Adventure on the Wii, but I would ike to have it on the 3DS too. Of course, I think Kirby's Amazing Mirror for the GBA would be better since I've never played that one. (though if we got BOTH that would be great).

Anyway, re: NES and GBA for the public: NES is already confirmed for paid download. Nintendo is saying they have no plans for GBA games released to the public, but I think they will eventually. I just don't see them porting the GBA games, giving them away for free, and then NEVER releasing them for pay download. They know they'd make a lot of money with GBA games. More than NES games even. My guess is that they want us ambassdors to believe we are getting something extra special; something that nobody else will ever get. Of course, maybe they have no plans right now, but I really do believe we will see them for paid download sooner or later.

My guess is that early 3DS adaptors are getting these games because A) the price drop. they want to stop some angry letters from rolling in. But also B) we are the test audience. They want to see how we react to the NES and GBA games. Do we like the ports? What expanded features might we want to see? I have no doubt that we'll see a Survey for the NES games & GBA games on Club Nintendo. I think Nintendo wants to get feedback on these games. They want to know if there really is an audience for more of these games on the 3DS and also what we want to see out of them.

Yes, i think we'll see NES and GBA games for paid download. Its a no brainer for the system. Its just that Nintendo has found the right chance to get some feedback from their audience.

DF2506

Odnetnin

pntjr wrote:

Dizzard wrote:

I beg your pardon, sir? Surely I misheard you and you meant to say "Kirby's Dream Land is awesome."

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Odnetnin

pntjr wrote:

Dizzard wrote:

I beg your pardon, sir? Surely I misheard you or you meant to say "Kirby's Dream Land is awesome."

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Ploppins

DF2506 wrote:

Btw, in the eshop today under news, the 3DS ambassador program is mentioned. Basically its everything we've heard already expect at the end it says "look for more announcements & reminders soon." So I think we might hear what the other NES games are before September 1st. Well, maybe. lol. As for the GBA games, hmm, not sure. I did hear on one site that Nintendo is supposed to have a press conference in late September or early October, so maybe they'll say more about the GBA games then...

I think the NES games will be neat, but the GBA games are really the games to be excited about. The five revealed so far are VERY good. Hopefully the five unrevealed ones are good too. We'll see.

I would think that Nintendo would announce the remaining games BEFORE the price drop. I know many people who will be buying the system before it drops because they planned on getting one soon at $250 and want the free games for it. I'm sure if they announced the remaining 10 games, even more people would be swayed to purchase the system before the price drop, leading to a bigger profit for Nintendo.

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

Matillion

True, but perhaps they haven't decided the remaining ten yet.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

Ploppins

Matillion wrote:

That could be the case. I think it all depends on how long it takes to port the games. If it doesn't take them much time at all, then they could still be debating on what the remaining games should be. If development does take a long time, then they surely at least know the remaining NES games, and I don't know what they're waiting for to tell us!

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

Meta-Rift

Pwdrmntainskier wrote:

Matillion wrote:

That could be the case. I think it all depends on how long it takes to port the games. If it doesn't take them much time at all, then they could still be debating on what the remaining games should be. If development does take a long time, then they surely at least know the remaining NES games, and I don't know what they're waiting for to tell us!

I don't think they spend any time porting individual games. The 3DS runs the original versions in an emulator.

Meta-Rift

Squiggle55

I'm sure this has been discussed a lot, but why is releasing Earthbound Zero for NES on Virtual Console completely impossible? Is it the same licensing issues that people say Earthbound for SNES has? If they already have the prototype translated into English, I think putting it in the ambassador program for people that are clearly big fans would be a great idea. Heck just put it on VC to buy and I'd pay 20 or 30 bucks.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.