3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Recommended 3DS VC titles

Showing 241 to 252 of 252

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

241. Posted:

@DarkCoolEdge Yes, the GB games have a restore point save feature as well. I would really recommend Mega Man 3 and Kirby's Dream Land 2 out of these. Gargoyle's Quest is another one, but requires more platforming skills (mostly from trial-and-error runs).

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

242. Posted:

My List of VC essentials:
Metroid
Metroid II
Super Mario Bros.
The Sword of Hope II
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
Wario Land II
Punch-Out!!
Trip World
Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dreamland 2
Gargoyles Quest
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

243. Posted:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

I plan to buy one VC game but I'm not sure about which one. These are the ones that have me in doubt:

Kirby's Dream Land 2
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
Mega Man 3 (NES)
Mega Man 5 (NES)
Gargoyle's Quest
Avenging Spirit

Do GB games have the save state feature?

Thanks.

Well first off it depends onhow much you have to spend and what type of game that you are looking for. Since I dont know those factors I will give my opinions on the list and hopes that helps.

Avenging Spirit is nice for its price and if you like Kirby games you would probably enjoy this one.

Kid Icarus: Is hit and miss some people like it others say its the weakest one in the series. However if you are a fan of Kid Icarus its a great game to add to your collection IMO.

Mega Man 3 IMO the best one of the series if you played the other games in the series and liked them or if you have never played a Mega Man game well than you can't go wrong with this one.

Mega Man 5 Me personally I think this is the weakest game in the series well this one and Mega Man 6, however I dont think its a bad game and it is still enjoyable. However since you have Mega Man 3 on this list I would say get that one first play it and if you really enjoy it than get Mega Man 5. If you have never played a Mega Man game before well dont start with 5.

Gargoyle's Quest and Kirby's Dreamland 2 I cant give an opinion on cause I have never played them but I hear that they are great games as well.

I hope that helps.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

244. Posted:

@Zeldalover @Tasuki Thanks. I still don't know which one I'll download but I think it is going to be the blue bomber, probably the third one.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
Next buys: Mario & Luigi (don't know which one yet) Rayman Legends/Splinter Cell: Blacklist
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

245. Posted:

@DarkCoolEdge: Yeah you can't go wrong with that one. Out of all of my 3DS VC games that one has the most play time on it.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

246. Posted:

Hey guys. I'm choosing between Burgertime, Lock n' chase and quarth. Any suggestions? (anyone who played them is a huge bonus too.) Thanks

Still Mariobro4. Just Toad-happy. Le-Ribbit.
Give me Jigglypuff with green combat-band Sakurai. That's all.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Know retro games? Try Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Captain Toad 4 Smash!
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

247. Posted:

@mariobro4: The only one I have played out of that bunch is Lock N Chase and that was years ago on the Gameboy. Still for the price they have it for and the amount of content I would say pick it up. It plays just like Pac Man so if you like that game you will like Lock N Chase.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

248. Posted:

mariobro4 wrote:

Hey guys. I'm choosing between Burgertime, Lock n' chase and quarth. Any suggestions? (anyone who played them is a huge bonus too.) Thanks

Burgertime is fun in short bursts. Quarth gets old very quickly. Lock 'n' Chase was one of my favorite games from childhood. It is essentially a more complex Pacman with adorable art and catchy music. I highly recommend it.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

249. Posted:

Ok going to throw this out here. I am looking to buy a VC game but at this time I can only buy one. Hopefully you guys can help me out here the choices are

Harvest Moon
Tails Adventure
Defenders of Oasis

Right now all three sound good to me. I like the sim aspect of Harvest Moon, Tails Adventure sounds like it could be alot of fun and Defenders of Oasis sounds like a good RPG. Right now I am not sure what kind of mood I am but they all sound good playstyle wise. Any help would be appreciated.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

3DSAllDay

250. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok going to throw this out here. I am looking to buy a VC game but at this time I can only buy one. Hopefully you guys can help me out here the choices are

Harvest Moon
Tails Adventure
Defenders of Oasis

Right now all three sound good to me. I like the sim aspect of Harvest Moon, Tails Adventure sounds like it could be alot of fun and Defenders of Oasis sounds like a good RPG. Right now I am not sure what kind of mood I am but they all sound good playstyle wise. Any help would be appreciated.

Tails Adventure is a very good game if you are a big fan of the sonic games. Harvest Moon is a great game too but just like animal crossing the newer additions of the game get WAY better. Defenders of Oasis is also one of the rare exceptions of a good RPG on the game gear. Out of the three I would choose Defenders of Oasis since im not that big of a sonic fan and the SNES version of Harvest Moon is way better than on the GBC.

3DS Friend code- 5455-9467-1956.

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

251. Posted:

Can a mod please sticky this thread?

I'd like for some platformer recommendations, preferably of the NES or 3dsware variety. I'm already planning on buying the remainder of the classic megaman series, and I'm also an ambassador. I also already have kirby's adventure and Kid Icarus. Anybody have any idea of what I might enjoy? :)

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

Linkus

252. Posted:

Is blaster master enemy below (gbc) worth buying even though I have blaster master (nes) which is one of my favourite nes games. They look almost the same but maybe there are some differences that make enemy below worth buying?

Linkus