Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,014

Morpheel

Isn't Yoshi's New Island newer than that?

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

Ok 4 years or crappy sales.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

gcunit

Advice required: Today I've been trying to resume my first playthrough of MM3D that I'd started last year. Took me a while to get back into the mechanics of it, but I've started making progress and have reached Woodfall Temple.

Trouble is, although I found the owl, I didn't bother returning to Dawn of the first day before entering the temple, and there were less than 36 hours before the moon was to fall. I've been working through the temple fairly well but fear I'm going to run out of time and have to start the temple from the beginning again. Should I just cut my losses and restart now, or is there some way of saving the temple progress I've made first?

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

I want to live this game, but this temple/time nonsense is doing my head in.

See my experience above with Woodfall Temple? Well a similar problem has arisen after completing Snowhead Temple. I've beaten the boss and left the temple, the snow has melted[/spoiler], and I've got two hours left on the clock before the moon falls. Not enough time to work out what to do next, so I save, then go back to the first day. Return to the mountain village and [spoiler] the ****ing snow is back!

Beating a boss should be the threshold, not some arbitrary task afterwards. Forcing me to fight the boss again for no good reason is stupid game design. It's infuriating.

Edited on by gcunit

ReaderRagfish

@gcunit Once you've beaten the boss once, you can just skip right to the boss fight whenever you go back rather than having to do the whole dungeon again.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

gcunit

@ReaderRagfish I know that. But it doesn't change the fact that it's ****ing ******ed that the game puts you in a position where you even need to fight the boss again.

I've beaten it, claimed my prize, now let me move the **** on to the next chapter of my game. Oh no, sorry, there's some other stuff you need to do to 'cement' that change, please go back and do it again.

Why? There's no good reason for it. What is the point in having boss battles if they don't mark the end of a segment?

Psquash

@gcunit you beat the bosses to get what you need, masks, bows etc to get to the end of the game. It's part of what makes the game fun. You really have to think what order to do stuff. As for collecting fairies it's best to start a dungeon on day 1 then slow down time so you can collect them all and still have time to beat the boss and take em to the shrine.

Psquash

Tyranexx

I'd forgotten I was following this thread. Funnily enough, I'm also right in the middle of this game for the first time! I'm also about to tackle Snowhead and fully intend to go back to the first day before starting.

While I have been occasionally irritated with how the time elements work in this game, overall they make sense and aren't much of a bother in the long run. In fact, I'd daresay that some of the elements that make the player's life easier make even less sense (like the bank guy), but I'm definitely not complaining.

I've heard the final two temples can be a royal pain though, so it's possible that I'll change my tune.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Psquash

@Blitzenexx I've barely made it into the the ocean, I havent made much progress as I havent figured out what I'm supposed to do just yet. I'm sure I'll figure it out but when you beat the boss the first time, go back to the first day defeat him again, then use the other days to get the kegs, win the goron race and upgrade your sword(will take 2 days) I feel like you can use the cycle to your advantage but yes it is very irritating to see a saved area reversed and cursed. How can you save everyone right

Psquash

ReaderRagfish

I loved this game (on N64 at least) but the great bay temple spelled the end of my journey. Maybe I'll have to give it another go.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

BenGrimm

Water temple/levels are always a pain I think but definitely stick with the game. Easily my favourite 3D Zelda gsme.

BenGrimm

Tyranexx

I did most of Snowhead last night barring the boss. I feel like the dungeon just TRIES to troll you and make you fall to the lower levels. I became incredibly frustrated at one point until I finally, after wasting almost the equivalent of one slowed-down day, acquired the fire arrows. That really helped open up access and save time. Overall, the dungeon's design is brilliant, but I felt that, even though I tried to be careful, it's a little too unforgiving with mistakes. It's a similar feeling to falling when fighting Moldorm in ALttP.

At least I managed to grab all the stray fairies and turn them in.

@Psquash: Ah yes, I do plan to do all that! I definitely want that upgraded Gilded Sword. I like the design of this game's Kokiri Sword over the one in OoT, but I will admit that I'd love to do more damage. I like the Razor Sword design as well, but unfortunately that one isn't permanent.

Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Morpheel

@Blitzenexx I just realized your avatar is the little kid sitting under a tree with Majora's Mask.

I somehow thought it was a grotesque Batman!

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Delibheel: Yep! I'm nowhere near that point of the game yet though. It's one of the few moments that had been spoiled for me before going into this game.

I think Batman could totally take on Majora.

Psquash

I need some help. I am in ikana canyon beneath the well level and idk what happened I used the mask for the mummies and theyll still attack me with it! I restarted a three day period and went back and they still attack me with the mask. I dont know what to do anymore

Psquash

Tyranexx

@Psquash: Just to confirm, you are using the Gibdo Mask, right? I went Beneath the Well with the Captain's Hat at first since the dead are supposed to dance...but found out too late that this only works on Redeads. Burning their bandages off didn't change their behavior either.

Psquash

@Blitzenexx you know what happened I'm just retarded I was using the captain's mask then I remembered the gibdo mask was different 😅😅 i felt so stupid after I realized I was like stuck for two days! Thanks for your help anyway

Psquash

Tyranexx

@Psquash: Heh, no prob! Like I mentioned above, I did the same thing as I'd read somewhere that Redeads dance (plus a Garo in the game also hints at it) and had assumed that behavior also affected Gibdos since burning their bandages off essentially turns them into Redeads. Apparently they still realize that they're mummies. XD

Psquash

@Blitzenexx that's funny I wore the captains mask when i first met the redeads and yes they dance! I was so confused like are these supposed to be dangerous? Hahaha I'm excited at how close to beating this game I am

Psquash

Tyranexx

@Psquash: I just need to storm the moon yet, but I'm taking my time and messing around the fishing holes for now. XD

Weirdly enough, I think Stone Tower is my favorite dungeon in this game. Favorite boss goes to Goht though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic