Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,004

BenGrimm

Water temple/levels are always a pain I think but definitely stick with the game. Easily my favourite 3D Zelda gsme.

BenGrimm

Tyranexx

I did most of Snowhead last night barring the boss. I feel like the dungeon just TRIES to troll you and make you fall to the lower levels. I became incredibly frustrated at one point until I finally, after wasting almost the equivalent of one slowed-down day, acquired the fire arrows. That really helped open up access and save time. Overall, the dungeon's design is brilliant, but I felt that, even though I tried to be careful, it's a little too unforgiving with mistakes. It's a similar feeling to falling when fighting Moldorm in ALttP.

At least I managed to grab all the stray fairies and turn them in.

@Psquash: Ah yes, I do plan to do all that! I definitely want that upgraded Gilded Sword. I like the design of this game's Kokiri Sword over the one in OoT, but I will admit that I'd love to do more damage. I like the Razor Sword design as well, but unfortunately that one isn't permanent.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@Delibheel: Yep! I'm nowhere near that point of the game yet though. It's one of the few moments that had been spoiled for me before going into this game.

I think Batman could totally take on Majora.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Psquash

I need some help. I am in ikana canyon beneath the well level and idk what happened I used the mask for the mummies and theyll still attack me with it! I restarted a three day period and went back and they still attack me with the mask. I dont know what to do anymore

Psquash

Tyranexx

@Psquash: Just to confirm, you are using the Gibdo Mask, right? I went Beneath the Well with the Captain's Hat at first since the dead are supposed to dance...but found out too late that this only works on Redeads. Burning their bandages off didn't change their behavior either.

Psquash

@Blitzenexx you know what happened I'm just retarded I was using the captain's mask then I remembered the gibdo mask was different 😅😅 i felt so stupid after I realized I was like stuck for two days! Thanks for your help anyway

Psquash

Tyranexx

@Psquash: Heh, no prob! Like I mentioned above, I did the same thing as I'd read somewhere that Redeads dance (plus a Garo in the game also hints at it) and had assumed that behavior also affected Gibdos since burning their bandages off essentially turns them into Redeads. Apparently they still realize that they're mummies. XD

Psquash

@Blitzenexx that's funny I wore the captains mask when i first met the redeads and yes they dance! I was so confused like are these supposed to be dangerous? Hahaha I'm excited at how close to beating this game I am

Psquash

Tyranexx

@Psquash: I just need to storm the moon yet, but I'm taking my time and messing around the fishing holes for now. XD

Weirdly enough, I think Stone Tower is my favorite dungeon in this game. Favorite boss goes to Goht though.

Psquash

@Blitzenexx yeah i get you theres times I'll just focus on little side quests and stuff I'm barely in stone tower so I can't really say, but yea goht is best boss so far

Psquash

Diddy64

Mind if I join this thread? I won't spoil anything. Just say something I am glad that they fixed in the game. There was a certain area when one goes to the Moon (an optional if you you don't want to 100% everything) that was the most frustrating thing I have played in that time (N64) 😭
I am so glad that they made the adjustments necessary in the remake so that you don't have to be PERFECT to obtain everything from that area. Just to clarify, it isn't the final boss so no one have to worry about not being able to beat the game 👌

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Psquash

@SamusLv7 I definitely wanna 100% this game I feel like it all just adds to the experience of it. Idk about you but I like the dark little moments you discover. Such as the romani ranch side quest if you fail to keep the aliens away.

Psquash

Diddy64

@Psquash I actually like this game. That difficult area in the N64 version was the only thing that I disliked, but thankfully that has been fixed in the 3DS version which I purchased day one 😊 It's one of my 3 favorite Zelda games to be more precise.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:

Tyranexx

I'm going for 100% for the most part but don't think I'll try for every single fish in the two fishing holes since there's nothing to be gained from that other than bragging rights.

This game is absolutely full of dark moments, some more impactful than others. I gotta say, the developers really did a great job with this one! It trumps Ocarina of Time for me in some aspects.

Diddy64

@Blitzenexx Agreed. The Kafei and Anju side quest is one of my favorite things about this game, Along with changing the fate of the many races that are in Termina.

Undergoing games:

Psquash

@SamusLv7 since I'm almost finished with this game I do plan on playing another zelda game, which would you recomend?

Psquash

Diddy64

@Psquash I see. Zelda Wind Waker and Zelda Twilight Princess are both great games that are good to continue forward. Also Ocarina of Time is really nice if you haven't played it already. This one also have hints just like Majora's Mask if you're ever stuck in some puzzles.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:

Diddy64

@Psquash Something that I forgot to mention, is that in Wind Waker you have to explore different islands and some of them take like 1 to 2 minutes to arrive. If you don't like to wait that time I suggest playing the HD version, which have a special sail that makes traveling quicker. Of course, that is if you preferred that way. In my experience, I didn't have an issue with the original because I like listening to the music that play when you are sailing and it's a really good game despite being short just like Majora's Mask, which is my favorite 64/3DS Zelda game (Ocarina of Time is also in 3DS).

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:

Tyranexx

@Psquash: The only mainline Zelda games that I haven't played at this point are Four Swords Adventures and Breath of the Wild (Yes, I heard the gasp back there; I'll be getting to that one when I finally pick up a Switch). They all range from fairly decent to fantastic. Some of my favorites besides MM are Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker (I recommend the HD version on Wii U), Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, and The Minish Cap. Honestly, it'd be easier for me to list the games I wouldn't as readily recommend.

@SamusLv7: What hit me was the realization that, no matter what you do, you CAN'T save or help everyone in the three day cycle. This is a notable difference between this game and all the other Zelda games.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.