Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,004

Eel

@blaisedinsd let's continue in this thread.

I'll copy here what I said in the other thread:

You only lose consumable items and unsaved rupees when the time resets.

Important tools/weapons, songs, heart containers, equipment upgrades (except for the first sword upgrade) and owl waypoints are always kept.

Those two songs are special songs you don't need to learn to use, I think they are only slightly hinted at in-game.

Plan ahead and decide what to do from the first day. You don't need to do the stuff with the kids in town every single cycle, just go directly to the swamp and plant the bean again, then continue as normal.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

blaisedinsd

Thanks, sorry I bumped another thread that came up in search while looking for this one.

One thing, what about masks? I am pretty sure I Iost my great fairy mask when the 3 days reset

SW-7087-5868-6390

Eel

Unless you exited the game/let the moon fall without saving at a statue beforehand, then you should still have the mask.

Masks are permanent.

In the original N64 game going back in time saved the game, but not in this one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

blaisedinsd

Thanks, so saving is important. I was under the impression it just paused the game. Yes I think I played that whole 3 day cycle where I went to the swamp without saving. There is only one save spot in the game I have found in clock town.....not very mobile friendly if I have to trek there every time I want to stop playing and to ensure I keep important items before the moon falls...weird it doesn't save automatically in the 3DS, I thought they made changes to make the game MORE user friendly

And you can only go back in time when the moon falls right?

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

Eel

There's multiple saving statues around. Only one of them is in the town, the rest are around the four corners of Termina.

The ones that look like owls are also warp points you can transport to with a song you learn as soon as you enter the swamp.

The ones that are just a single feather are only used to save the game.

You can go back in time at any moment by playing the normal Song of Time.

Believe me, it's more user friendly, back then in the n64 the only way to save was going back in time. (The Owl Statues only made a temporary quick save, and Feather Statues simply did not exist).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

blaisedinsd

Thanks for your help...this Zelda game is very different.

When I play the song of time to go back in time will it also take me back to the mask salesman in clock town like it did when the moon fell?

SW-7087-5868-6390

LzWinky

You essentially "start over" in the story. Everything resets aside from key items, masks, and the Gilded Sword.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

blaisedinsd

So I guess I am still confused.

I completed woodfall temple with just a little time left. I was able to hastily return the Deku princess and then I figured I would keep all my important items if the moonfell so I tried to chase the butler down in the shrine and failed and ran out of time. I also missed one stray fairy in the temple. When the moon fell I lost my heart container and the remains of the boss so I guess I did something wrong? Never let the moon fall always play the song of time before it does? I had saved with the Deku princess in my bottle and with the heart container and boss remains but still lost that stuff.

I then tried to retrieve the last stray fairy I missed before time ran out and I failed to get there in time, the moon fell and I lost all my stray fairies.

I then reloaded my save and played the song of time....I lost the Deku Princess and my stray fairies but kept my heart container I think.

So what I figured was best was return the deku princess than warp back to down deposit my rupees and play the song of time....I guess I still lose all my stray fairies. At least I have the heart container and the boss remains still.

I don't think I am liking this 3 day cycle at all, I still don't understand it.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Eel

Did you save after beating the temple?

Letting the moon fall counts as a failure, you won't reappear with your items/progress as if you had died in battle or used the song of time. It's the same as exiting the game, if you didn't save, then you'll lose all you did since your last save. Never let the moon fall.

Anyway, the stray fairies are one of the collectibles that don't go with you back in time, you must find all 16 in a single cycle. Use the fairy mask to find them and attract them to you.

After you beat a boss and go back in time, next time you visit the temple you'll be able to go straight to the boss battle. This will allow you to rescue the deku Princess very early in and participate in the deku race with plenty of time.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dreamliner

Any chance of this game coming to Nintendo Selects?

Edited on by Dreamliner

Dreamliner

Spoony_Tech

@Dreamliner It's a year and a half old so I doubt it will for another 2 year at least. Seems like 4 years is the magic number to become a select.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Ok 4 years or crappy sales.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

gcunit

Advice required: Today I've been trying to resume my first playthrough of MM3D that I'd started last year. Took me a while to get back into the mechanics of it, but I've started making progress and have reached Woodfall Temple.

Trouble is, although I found the owl, I didn't bother returning to Dawn of the first day before entering the temple, and there were less than 36 hours before the moon was to fall. I've been working through the temple fairly well but fear I'm going to run out of time and have to start the temple from the beginning again. Should I just cut my losses and restart now, or is there some way of saving the temple progress I've made first?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

I want to live this game, but this temple/time nonsense is doing my head in.

See my experience above with Woodfall Temple? Well a similar problem has arisen after completing Snowhead Temple. I've beaten the boss and left the temple, the snow has melted, and I've got two hours left on the clock before the moon falls. Not enough time to work out what to do next, so I save, then go back to the first day. Return to the mountain village and the ****ing snow is back!

Beating a boss should be the threshold, not some arbitrary task afterwards. Forcing me to fight the boss again for no good reason is stupid game design. It's infuriating.

Edited on by gcunit

gcunit

@ReaderRagfish I know that. But it doesn't change the fact that it's ****ing ******ed that the game puts you in a position where you even need to fight the boss again.

I've beaten it, claimed my prize, now let me move the **** on to the next chapter of my game. Oh no, sorry, there's some other stuff you need to do to 'cement' that change, please go back and do it again.

Why? There's no good reason for it. What is the point in having boss battles if they don't mark the end of a segment?

Psquash

@gcunit you beat the bosses to get what you need, masks, bows etc to get to the end of the game. It's part of what makes the game fun. You really have to think what order to do stuff. As for collecting fairies it's best to start a dungeon on day 1 then slow down time so you can collect them all and still have time to beat the boss and take em to the shrine.

Psquash

Tyranexx

I'd forgotten I was following this thread. Funnily enough, I'm also right in the middle of this game for the first time! I'm also about to tackle Snowhead and fully intend to go back to the first day before starting.

While I have been occasionally irritated with how the time elements work in this game, overall they make sense and aren't much of a bother in the long run. In fact, I'd daresay that some of the elements that make the player's life easier make even less sense (like the bank guy), but I'm definitely not complaining.

I've heard the final two temples can be a royal pain though, so it's possible that I'll change my tune.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Psquash

@Blitzenexx I've barely made it into the the ocean, I havent made much progress as I havent figured out what I'm supposed to do just yet. I'm sure I'll figure it out but when you beat the boss the first time, go back to the first day defeat him again, then use the other days to get the kegs, win the goron race and upgrade your sword(will take 2 days) I feel like you can use the cycle to your advantage but yes it is very irritating to see a saved area reversed and cursed. How can you save everyone right

Psquash

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.