Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,004

Aozz101x

im interested of getting this although, is there anything new they added into the remake?
i'll surely watch walkthoughs to see if it well confess me getting this on 3DS (or get the N64 one on Wii U VC which only cost $10

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Eel

As far as I can tell, the only "new content" is a new sidequest to get an extra empty bottle.

I think some heart pieces were moved around too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

@Morpheel: @Aozz: The bombers notebook has been refined and made better. I really like it and don't even want to know how it was on the older versions.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

It wasn't all that different. But it just kept track of a few sidequest, and their schedules. It wasn't the encyclopedia it is now.

I wouldn't really call that "new content" though... It's more like an update.

Also, someone in my friend list is playing triforce heroes. What the

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BigBabyPeach

@cheesesteak7: Well, then let me give you the opposing view: MM is my favorite game of all time and I recently finished the 3DS version and I'm a little disappointed. Most of my complaints are minor, but the one big issue I have is the new save system (song of time doesn't save anymore, there are tons of owl statues around Termina) which kinda ruins the whole game for me, so if you already own the N64 version don't bother buying the inferior one.

Edited on by BigBabyPeach

BigBabyPeach

Eel

You can still force yourself to save only in clock town after playing the song of time.

You could call it... The retro Majora's Mask challenge. Or something.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Aozz101x

that pretty cool, i'll still have look at gameplay before getting it. thanks for y'all suggestions!

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

BigBabyPeach

@Morpheel: But still...it's missing something special if you don't start out every playing session with that iconic black screen: "72 hours remain", that ominous sound and Link walking out of the Clock Tower. Now you just start at some lame owl statue.

Edited on by BigBabyPeach

BigBabyPeach

LzWinky

So an entire game is ruined because of the actually-far-superior-because-it's-not-garbage save system?

The save system was AWWWWWWWWWWFUL in the original

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Aozz wrote:

im interested of getting this although, is there anything new they added into the remake?
i'll surely watch walkthoughs to see if it well confess me getting this on 3DS (or get the N64 one on Wii U VC which only cost $10

Additional content is another empty bottle.

Some of the quests and masks are shuffled around a bit.

The boss battles are very different (some are actually better)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Spoony_Tech

I personally thought the series of end bosses was rather easy. Found out I didn't even have a certain mask to make it even easier too.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

Oh yeah, Majora is surprisingly easy, has always been.

Maybe they balanced it so players who did none of the sidequests had a chance too. Since you can basically reach the last boss with like 7 hearts.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

Oh yeah, Majora is surprisingly easy, has always been.

Maybe they balanced it so players who did none of the sidequests had a chance too. Since you can basically reach the last boss with like 7 hearts.

Time management is the biggest challenge; if you want to juggle multiple sidequests in a single cycle. It is a shame that we never got a hero mode, though; Majora always had some fantastic setpiece boss battles.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

BigBabyPeach

@LztheQuack: To be fair, I only said it ruined it for me. And I realize that many people didn't even give MM a chance because of the original save system, so Nintendo made the financially correct decision I guess...doesn't mean I have to like it though.
And I still don't get why the Song of Time doesn't save anymore, how can anyone defend that?

BigBabyPeach

Eel

Probably because it is unnecessary now that every owl and feather statue does the same. It would've nice, but it's hardly an issue.

Look to it like this, now you can go back in time without being forced to save. So if you somehow did it by accident, you can return to your previous save.

(Also, you clearly said it was the inferior version of the two )

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

I've been debating on whether to get this for the 3DS or on the Wii VC, and it looks like this thread has given me a tentative answer. Other than complaints above about the save system, and some complaints I've seen here and elsewhere on changed boss fights, is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Smash_kirby

@Trinexx: They added in a fishing system into the game. I haven't tried it myself but it uses the masks system to aid fishing.

Smash_kirby

Spoony_Tech

I forgot about it to the extent of never even catching one fish lol.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.