Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,004

LinkEpona

DefHalan wrote:

But why would they? Once you have explored and done everything you can do they will disable the timer so you can... explore? You already did that to get to that point. Also the timer is one of the unique things about Majora's Mask, why would they disable it? It would cost more money than it would produce, most people that want Majora's Mask 3D, have it.

Some have been asking for it, including me and two of my friends. Yeah exploring the land of Termina,
and yeah I know about the RLY RLY (Song of Time backwards) song to make the time go slower, but it's
not slow enough. Many wants to explore the game and take our time doing whatever we want in Termina,
like fishing or the archery shooting gallery without needing to worry about the time count down to doom.
Of course it would be optional for everyone, even a toggle On/Off for the 3-day-cycle would be great.

But I guess you're right, Nintendo will probably not do it because they're busy with other games and stuff.

Edited on by LinkEpona

LinkEpona

jump

So you never do find out what happened to Navi at the end, odd.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GrizzlyArctos

LinkEpona wrote:

Suggestions to Nintendo for the next update
to The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Hello, many have suggested that after you completed 100%
of the game (you have obtained all the masks, heart pieces, side quests) etc.
And you defeat the final boss, at the Dawn of a New Day:
The timer (3-day-cycle) permanently vanishes from that savefile.

So you can finally roam and explore 100% of Termina without any time limits.
Since this requires 100% of the game to be completed and the final boss defeated,
the scenery (sky, ocean, forest etc.) can also be changed to make it seem like you
really saved Termina. Termina Swamp is cleaned, there is spring in Snowhead,
no murky water/nomonsters in Great Bay, the evil curses in Ikana Canyon is gone etc.
Just like it is after you defeat all the temple bosses.

And normal day/night cycles just like in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.

Also they can add extra textures or objects throughout termina (not just in Clock Town)
to REALLY give you a end-game feeling. And of course the fishing should be just
like before, except alter the requirements for them to fit with the Dawn of a New Day
after 100% completion of the game. The old fishing requirements should still remain
the same until you complete the game 100% and defeat the final boss.

What do you think about that? Would Nintendo ever do it? And sorry if my English is bad.

Yeah, there's no need for Nintendo to do this. The game has already been released, and they're not really going to sell many more copies by updating it like this. It's not really a productive use of their time and resources. As for not enough time for exploring, the Song of Reverse Time leaves you with plenty of time to fully explore an area easily. Taking out the three day mechanic would also take out NPCs schedules, which is a large part of why I love the game in the first place.

Yes, I like bears.

LzWinky

There...really is no point to that update. Nintendo wouldn't gain anything from it, and they would waste resources doing this rather than focusing on other projects.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

LinkEpona wrote:

Yeah more work compared to just one bug update, but still
very possible because it's Nintendo, remember they made
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (the original game) in only
one year with a smaller game developer team. They can do it.

This won't happen, but it's a more likely not-happening-thing that your rando not-happening-thing.

An option to play the original version just with the graphical, save, and boss updates. Nothing moved around, no other features tampered with. Then, perhaps, I might spend $40 to replay a game I still have on the gamecube.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Spoony_Tech

Ok so I stopped looking in here months ago to avoid spoilers. I really want to play this when it came out but of course Monster Hunter took all my deadicated time so this once again had fallen to my backlog. I told myself when Iwata died I was going to finally play and beat this game in his honor so I started it again shortly after his death. I played it for a few days to only once again drop it for something else. Yesterday I picked it up again and boy am I glad I did as now for whatever reason it feels like I need to beat this game.

I had originally thought when this game first came out years ago I had played through the first dungeon but since I just got there today realized I play up to it but never entered it. So for me this is a whole new Zelda experience for me and the Zelda urge is strong this time so I'm confident I'll beat it this time. This is the only console released Zelda I've never beat so it might as well be a brand new game in the Zelda series for me. Oh and opening my first treasure chest and hearing that glorious music has never felt better. Man that never gets old!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Finally beat this game today and glad I did! Too bad it took Iwata's death to do it but nothing else seemed to get me to stick with it.

Not sure where I would rate this on my favorites list just yet as I need time to let it all sink in first. There is definitely some annoying parts but as a whole it was very solid!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haru17

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Finally beat this game today and glad I did! Too bad it took Iwata's death to do it but nothing else seemed to get me to stick with it.

Untitled

Too soon?

Haru17

Oh, I know. I just linked the image because I see the thumbnail an unfair amount of times. So thanks, SEO.

I've gotta say; there's something wrong about taking models from the game files and photoshopping or putting them into 3D animation programs, that misappropriation bugs me.

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

I don't think they had to do that to create that preview image.

Just the photoshop for that one. The angle is from that cutscene in TP. Bugs me even more.

cheesesteak7

newbie Zelda player here (only Zelda games I've played for more than 1 sitting are the Toon Link ones).

Have only read the past couple pages and see there are already some update wish lists lol, which fits perfectly w/ my question!

So I have Majora's Mask on Wii VC and have yet to play it. I'm aware of all the changes/improvements to the 3DS version. However, I'm also aware of the "brightening" up of the 3DS viersion, to make the game less grimdark. A veteran Zelda player friend of mine says the grimdark colors of the original are part of the game's charm, what kinda set it apart from other Zelda games. I've seen comparison pictures and prefer the grimdark color palette for sure. But I also like some of the other - if not all other - changes for the 3DS.

So my question is:

Is it worth getting the $40 3DS version if I have the VC version? Is the new color palette really that big of a change? Are the 3DS changes to save system, bosses (for better or worse), controls, etc make it worth that much more to play over the VC version? Should I just get over my desire for a grimdark Zelda game???

Any and all input is appreciated!

Edited on by cheesesteak7

It ain't easy being cheesy...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-5012 | Nintendo Network ID: cheese47

Spoony_Tech

@cheesesteak7: Well having just beat this game for the first time I can say it's worth it. It's the more complete version and simplifies a lot of the problems with the original. This game is still very dark as in its topics, bosses, and choices of masks.

I owned the original and VC versions so for me graphically this version beats those out. You also have to ask yourself if 3d makes a difference for you. It's used rather well here. My only complaint would have to be controls. It controls well however there was at least 5 times where I was doing some rather hard challenges to complete quests and got hand cramps. That almost never happens to me even on Kid Icarus where a lot of people complained about that. I also at times didn't feel as comfortable with the controls. My hand placement just didn't feel quite right. I'm using the New XL btw too.

I say if graphics are important along with 3d then this might be For you. However if comfort is more of an issue then maybe a standard controller would better suit you. After all there is a reason this was a console game first. Oh and I never felt like OoT felt uncomfortable to me quite like this game does.

MERG said:

-Juice-

@Spoony_Tech: MM3D wasn't uncomfortable for me, but then again I don't have a second circle pad for camera movement. Personally if you're having problems with that, then its best to just turn off the second circle pad feature. It's an option and the L+R buttons do a fine job.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Eel

Seeing how it was an N64 game, you could say it is meant to be played without free camera movement. It works perfectly fine without it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

martinskrtel37

cheesesteak7 wrote:

newbie Zelda player here (only Zelda games I've played for more than 1 sitting are the Toon Link ones).

Have only read the past couple pages and see there are already some update wish lists lol, which fits perfectly w/ my question!

So I have Majora's Mask on Wii VC and have yet to play it. I'm aware of all the changes/improvements to the 3DS version. However, I'm also aware of the "brightening" up of the 3DS viersion, to make the game less grimdark. A veteran Zelda player friend of mine says the grimdark colors of the original are part of the game's charm, what kinda set it apart from other Zelda games. I've seen comparison pictures and prefer the grimdark color palette for sure. But I also like some of the other - if not all other - changes for the 3DS.

So my question is:

Is it worth getting the $40 3DS version if I have the VC version? Is the new color palette really that big of a change? Are the 3DS changes to save system, bosses (for better or worse), controls, etc make it worth that much more to play over the VC version? Should I just get over my desire for a grimdark Zelda game???

Any and all input is appreciated!

if you have it and haven't played it, why would you buy it again?? go play it!!!!!!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

cheesesteak7

martinskrtel37 wrote:

if you have it and haven't played it, why would you buy it again?? go play it!!!!!!

well, like others have said, b/c the 3DS version may be more enjoyable lol. But I'm just wondering if playing the original is worth saving $40. Or just worth playing at all, to truly appreciate the original.

Thanks for the input, all. Looks like I may just buy the 3DS version after all.

It ain't easy being cheesy...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-5012 | Nintendo Network ID: cheese47

Smash_kirby

I wish they had added in a master quest mode. Otherwise I may play through the game a second time as I got everything in my first play through.

Smash_kirby

TeeJay

cheesesteak7 wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

well, like others have said, b/c the 3DS version may be more enjoyable lol. But I'm just wondering if playing the original is worth saving $40. Or just worth playing at all, to truly appreciate the original.

Thanks for the input, all. Looks like I may just buy the 3DS version after all.

I wouldn't bother with the original anymore. The 3DS version has everything the original had and has been streamlined for convenience. I would say the only thing the original does better than the remake is the way Zora-Link swims. Other than that, the original doesn't hold a candle to this new version.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.