Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 4,801 to 4,820 of 5,926

Joeynator3000

I suck with ranged weapons, I actually tried using a Kelbi Bow once back in 3U...against an offline Uragaan...took me around 40 minutes to kill. >.> lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MisterMan

really? are you using Chameleos armor? With Status +2 and Crit Status, using a poison weapon, ( I really liked the Lunatic Rose or the Waxglare Wand) I was able to keep Kushala poisoned for most of the fight. Bring lots of flare bombs too and material to make more.

MisterMan

Haru17

Megumi wrote:

Again, I am CONSTANTLY pushed back by the wind before I can even attack...I can only poison Kushala once, and twice on rare occasions.

That's not how daora works; the black wind is an enrage. Just keep on it and keep getting hits in to re-up the poison even throughout the enrage. The wind res will help with that, but it's probably going to come down to dodging.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

LasermasterA

Wow this thread just dropped off my radar...

Well Daora goes down really easily with Full Chameleos and Shrouded Nerscylla Insect Glaive for me. The poison is great without having me to add Sharpness+1 for purple sharpness, +status crit and status up really beef it up. Plus you can just knock him down (attempt a mount) when he is enraged and poison has worn off, to turn him back to normal. Negate Wind makes mounting with his aura on effortless. Feels too easy sometimes XD

Rusted is a whole different story with his awful hitboxes and high defense. Plus being prone to rage much more and having a much higher damage dealing capacity.

Edited on by LasermasterA

Nintendo fan, with a taste for all genres! Monster Hunter for the win!

Oh and Isaac for Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS!

Haru17

LasermasterA wrote:

Rusted is a whole different story with his awful hitboxes and high defense. Plus being prone to rage much more and having a much higher damage dealing capacity.

Rusted has a different hitbox? I thought it just required higher sharpness and was more aggressive?

LasermasterA

Haru17 wrote:

LasermasterA wrote:

Rusted has a different hitbox? I thought it just required higher sharpness and was more aggressive?

Sorry my bad. I meant Hitzones. Hitboxes are obviously the same since they are same size, shape, etc. Basically palette swaps although Rusted has been buffed a lot to differentiate him from regular Daora.

Rusted Kushala has awful raw hitzones with purple sharpness bouncing off almost all the time except from tip of the tail, the wings and the head. Plus insect glaive vault attack. The developers also didn't expect you to kill it the first time round (or maybe that is just solo) with it retreating at the 20 minute mark. It took me 2 retreats and one battlequarters quest to kill one. And I had to kill tons to max my rusted Kushala C.Blade.

Regular Daora's got nothing on him.

Eel

It is. If you look around the part of the map where he goes to sleep in the tundra, you'll see some sort of decaying old kushala daora body (which you can mine for some materials).

That's actually just the discarded skin of a rusted kushala. After they molt it, they grow shiny new metallic scales again.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

LasermasterA wrote:

Sorry my bad. I meant Hitzones. Hitboxes are obviously the same since they are same size, shape, etc. Basically palette swaps although Rusted has been buffed a lot to differentiate him from regular Daora.

Rusted Kushala has awful raw hitzones with purple sharpness bouncing off almost all the time except from tip of the tail, the wings and the head. Plus insect glaive vault attack. The developers also didn't expect you to kill it the first time round (or maybe that is just solo) with it retreating at the 20 minute mark. It took me 2 retreats and one battlequarters quest to kill one. And I had to kill tons to max my rusted Kushala C.Blade.

Regular Daora's got nothing on him.

Okay, that makes more sense in the context of my experience farming his armor set, though I faced it mostly in the polar field. Really weird how R. Kushala's weapons are so bad, though...

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

It is. If you look around the part of the map where he goes to sleep in the tundra, you'll see some sort of decaying old kushala daora body (which you can mine for some materials).

That's actually just the discarded skin of a rusted kushala. After they molt it, they grow shiny new metallic scales again.

Nightmare. Fuel.

Like, why isn't that kind of cool world building in every game with Kushala in it!?

LasermasterA

Rusted Kushala weapons are not super awesome but not that bad either. They have a pretty high raw and the C. Blade had a sliver of Purple sharpness, letting me get by with sharpener rather than tediously getting sharpness+1.

Although yea, Rusted being stronger doesn't make sense. It is basically a regular Daora who didn't shed his skin for long letting it rust. That is not technically a valid reason for his increased strength. And after he sheds it, he becomes a weaker Daora again?

What!?

@Haru17
Well if you fail to kill it in tundra I.e. you lose or it retreats (definitely in solo), he can appear in the battle quarters. Demolisher and Dragonator make him slightly easier to finish off. Sorta cheap it you lost all the previous battles.

Haru17

LasermasterA wrote:

Rusted Kushala weapons are not super awesome but not that bad either. They have a pretty high raw and the C. Blade had a sliver of Purple sharpness, letting me get by with sharpener rather than tediously getting sharpness+1.

Sharpness +1 doesn't work on those weapons; their sharpness bar is already full.

LasermasterA

Haru17 wrote:

LasermasterA wrote:

Sharpness +1 doesn't work on those weapons; their sharpness bar is already full.

Yes I know that. I think you misunderstood. I got Rusted Kushala's C. blade precisely cause it has purple sharpness (with a full bar) as well as impact phials with some ice element. For me to have same damage output with regular Daora C. Blade I needed Purple sharpness and I would have had to gem Sharpness+1 onto my armour.

With Rusted, even though the purple bar is tiny, I can just keep resharpening it with fast sharpening. Although the weapon wasn't that great -_-

I never intended to put sharpness+1 with rusted cause I knew it wouldn't have an effect.

Haru17

LasermasterA wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

LasermasterA wrote:

Yes I know that. I think you misunderstood. I got Rusted Kushala's C. blade precisely cause it has purple sharpness (with a full bar) as well as impact phials with some ice element. For me to have same damage output with regular Daora C. Blade I needed Purple sharpness and I would have had to gem Sharpness+1 onto my armour.

With Rusted, even though the purple bar is tiny, I can just keep resharpening it with fast sharpening. Although the weapon wasn't that great -_-

I never intended to put sharpness+1 with rusted cause I knew it wouldn't have an effect.

Ah, I gotcha. Even then, though, you still have the negative crits...

Joeynator3000

is trying to get an Oroshi quest, ends up with a Seregios and Yian Garuga quest instead
...Well that should be fun...

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Haru17

Megumi wrote:

is trying to get an Oroshi quest, ends up with a Seregios and Yian Garuga quest instead

Just add gobul and you'll have the unholy trinity.

Joeynator3000

Haru17 wrote:

Megumi wrote:

No, more like Rajang or Jho, lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Haru17

Megumi wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Megumi wrote:

No, more like Rajang or Jho, lol

Yeah, rajang is a pretty unfun fight. Jho is decent, if ugly.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.