Forums

Topic: Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley

Posts 141 to 160 of 279

Pokefanmum82

I haven't got the axe yet. I'm waiting on one of the sons to make it for me.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

YvoCaro

I'm still in Spring, but I've met Doc and got my first building. It's hard work, and the sprites hardly help do they? I had the water sprite help and he managed watering 4 squares...wow

It's not just young people that play videogames! 😄 Check out my gaming blog at www.ladiesgamers.com.

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0141-3894

Freelance

You have to keep requesting their help. Eventually they become a lot more useful.

Didn't want to doublepost, so I just edited my last post. I have new pics up of my valley 'renovations' thus far. Hope you like them :3

First off, here's a map view of the waterfall + 2 ponds:

Untitled

Next up is a screenie of my work-in-progress marsh. I plan to fix that giant cliff and add a bridge spanning it. I hope I can make the bridge change directions though 'cause I don't think a straight bridge is going to work.

Untitled

Now here's the map view of the same marsh:

Untitled

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Freelance

Nice. I haven't gotten the wardrobe yet. Maybe that should be my next major purchase.

I'm going to have a big orchard above my marsh

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

YvoCaro

@Donjwolf, you are really good at visualizing the layout of the land you want to go for! I'm afraid I still lack that vision, but hopefully your pics will inspire me! z👍

It's not just young people that play videogames! 😄 Check out my gaming blog at www.ladiesgamers.com.

Freelance

I've already finished my orchard (it wasn't hard to do), but now I'm considering making more of them. What sounds better? An orchard with all different fruit trees growing, or the same fruit trees growing?? I can't really decide. The benefit of the latter is that they can all 'bloom' at once since they're all the same fruit, meaning it'd make for better screenshots, as opposed to having different trees which 'bloom' at different seasons so not all trees will be having fruit when I take pics. ...Okay I think I just answered my own question.

My windmill sits on a high plateau. I can't go around planting tons of crops and stuff until I finish transforming my valley into something cool Unfortunately, I've no idea what to do with the bottom left of the valley, where all the stones are.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

YvoCaro

I'm not sure Donjwolf, I think I would go for an orchard with all the same trees! More of a real orchard, right?

Freelance

YvoCaro wrote:

I'm not sure Donjwolf, I think I would go for an orchard with all the same trees! More of a real orchard, right?

I already decided to make orchards with the same trees, as you can see from this updated pic of my valley
From left to right it's apples, peaches and oranges. There's 6 trees in each orchard. I'm planning to somehow have 6 grapefruit trees alongside the path to my house. I have 2 so far, and one's already old enough for harvesting

Untitled

Morpheel, I'm not good at making structures. I'd like to see what yours look like after it's completed though

Freelance

Pokefanmum82

Okay I got the seedling. I keep having these dreams about a wizard at the Harvest Spring but she is never there. It's driving me nuts.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.

Freelance

She only appears at night randomly. Could be 8 or 10, or whatever. Just keep checking. She won't actually appear on the map until you meet her.

Freelance

Pokefanmum82

Thanks

Finished the Alola Dex.

ClassicJetterz

So I have to ask. This is coming from a seasoned Harvest Moon gamer.

I'm concerned about the quality of this game seeing as Natsume owns the Harvest Moon universe and split from Marvelous Entertainment (who now has to call their work "Story of Seasons" in North America and Europe). I am appalled by the graphics completely compared to Story of Seasons, a game that has an art style more like Harvest Moon we've come to love.

I ask that you sell me on the game play.

I hear it's too simplified and boring. That Natsume dumbed everything down and is treating the players like children. IS this game worth my time to get? Or should I just wait for Story of Seasons to play the "real Harvest Moon"?

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

GuardianKing

@ClassicJetterz Actually, when it comes to the art, I contend that it is closer to the style used in earlier Harvest Moon games (perhaps before A New Beginning, which took a less chibi approach).

Exhibit A (from Back to Nature):
Untitled

Compare it to Lost Valley:

Untitled

Versus (Story of Seasons):

Untitled

In terms of the gameplay, I'd say it isn't too horribly dumbed-down. The best comparison I can make is to Rune Factory: the farming system itself remains the same, but small details, such as having to water crops at least twice a day, were removed. Honestly, it all comes down to how you play the game.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

ClassicJetterz

If the characters in TLV looked anything like their animated manual art it wouldn't be so bad. God the models are hideous.

I was a bit bitter about the whole Natsume/Marvelous separation but I thought I'd at least give it a chance. I just don't want to waste $30 on it (when I know I'll enjoy Story of Seasons more). Maybe this will help:
Some of my favorite Marvelous developed Harvest Moons were
-Animal Parade
-A New Beginning
-Tree of Tranquility
-Magical Melody

Sorry for being so needy. I'm just hearing more bad things than good and wanted to see if it was worth even giving it a chance.

Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..

Eel

I'd recommend to visit the miiverse community and see the graphics directly on your 3DS. I don't think they look bad at all the characters are actually pretty expressive.

I have also seen people comparing it to Animal Parade and the first Harvest Moon for GB.

I personally think its a great Harvest Moon, but in the first year you'll need a lot of patience, because everything must be unlocked. everything. It's a slow start and it may seem like the game is poorer than it actually is.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ClassicJetterz

That alone sounds like A New Beginning, where you have to unlock anything to get the options to move on.

I'll check out Miiverse.

Story of Seasons was moved to February 2015, so I need something to tide me over. I've done just about everything in A New Beginning...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.