Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 901 to 920 of 955

yokokazuo

@RR529 overall I think it gets easier on later playthroughs... Just so long as you don't run get ejected... Those led to most of my losses in the game mode haha

Also there is one challenge for 50 assists btw. When I had everything unlocked, I had over 100 goals, 73 or so assists, 200+ saves, 120 games played and 100 games won.

My backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

MarcelRguez

Some solo missions are the stuff of nightmares. I can see how mission 9 (the one with the power cell carts and the electric storm) would be fun with more people, but doing it on your own is just a gargantuan amount of work. Also, the boss of mission 7 and his insta-death attack taught me the importance of mods.

I'm liking the prominence of the Space Pirates so far. Their logs were some of the more interesting things to read in the Prime trilogy, so it's good to have these guys back. The logs in this game need to be reworked, though. Give me lengthier, better written texts that I can read in some other menu after the mission is done.

@Kazuo Thought so. Thanks.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@MarcelRguez I have played mission 9 by myself and with others, I certainly enjoyed playing with others, but I got more points by myself haha.
When by myself I was pushing both at around the same time and ended up losing one though. However I got a bunch of points from pushing both of them that it gave me 3 medals still.
Luckily I didn't get hit by the instant death attack on mission 7 solo, he took me out at the end, but ran into my mine so I still beat it
I did however get hit when playing with others.

Also who all wants to try playing some multiplayer sometime? (with voice chat perhaps?)
I've been playing with @Pikmin22 recently and it's been pretty fun. However I am currently on a trip and am only able to play in my hotel lobby so I haven't used voice chat yet.

My backloggery

meleebrawler

Okay guys, question time.

Which came first; the Chozo or the Orb?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

DefHalan

Well, my brother is a HUGE Metroid fan and he is really enjoying Federation Force. He acknowledges that it isn't a normal Metroid game, he compares it more to Mass Effect gameplay (not the dialogue stuff) and can't stop playing. He is looking forward to when I get a copy of the game so we can play together.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SensationalSean

Like an idiot, I drove around to several shops here in Ireland in an effort to find the game ... only to find ultimately that it isn't out here until Sept. 2. I wanted to get on release day to support the franchise, but I guess now I can go a step further and pre-order it!

SensationalSean

Twitter:

PikPi

Playing the game online is fun, but there's so little time to do anything when everyone is running through. So my system is playing a mission online, then replaying it alone to find the secrets myself, get all the mods, explore the environment more thoroughly.

I enjoy it alot. Some of the bigger missions really do evoke a Metroid prime feeling when playing alone. But I still really hate the chibi models. The scenery is definitely Metroid feeling, but feels ruined when any humanoid enemy comes on screen.

PikPi

MarcelRguez

I don't think the team sat down and thought the "space pirates are much larger than usual" thing at all, especially when everything seems to be scaled as well. It makes sense in that fire planet due to the lore, but why are the doors on the G.F.S. ships mech-sized, for example? Besides the obvious thing about the player character not fitting through them otherwise, I mean. I don't know, seems a bit incongruous to me. Minor complaint, though.

@Operative Completely agree on all accounts.

MarcelRguez

Spoony_Tech

Anybody else getting massive hand cramps from this game?

So I completed the first mission and can tell I'm going to love this game! It still feels like Metriod to me but obviously level based.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MarcelRguez

Just finished it. A couple of thoughts:

Samus jobbed hard
22 missions feels a bit short, although you unlock hard mode after beating it
The post-credits cutscene surprised me. I knew there was one, but I didn't expect it to be so inconsequential. Yes, it re-establishes Metroids as a threat, but I'm sure Prime 4 will explain the events of this game so those that haven't played it catch up on the plot

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

RedFinch

@Spoony_Tech

What config are you using?

This is my sweet set up for N3DS XL - I love it and have been sharing it wherever I can as a PSA to promote the game. I really don't want this game to fail as it will only mean less people will play and harder to find online players. I also think it's a worthy game.

My config is only for N3DS as you use the nub controller to look around and turn:
CHOOSE Config B
THEN TAP OPTIONS:
Gyro Aim when Locked On: ON
Invert y-axis: OFF
Aim sensitivity: Max 2

The nub is only used to look in the general direction of enemies and then you tap the ZL to toggle lock on (you don't need to keep it pressed). While locked on, you can use gyro to make fine adjustments to do head shots or leading shots to hit moving targets. If your gyro controls are off, a quick double tap on ZL will reset your aim.

It's pretty sweet set up and I haven't had hand cramps, but I usually play under 2 hours in a sitting.

RedFinch

Spoony_Tech

@Hey-Cha-La I didn't know you could do that. I've been stuck in between both control set ups wanting bits of both. I want to look freely with the second nub but I want to do it with control set up A. Walking around and not be able to turn easily is my biggest complaint but I want gyro as well. Thanks for this as that's what I wanted!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Lycidas

so how is the single player content? I won't be able to play local mp and I don't really want to play online on this one, so I'm on the fence. and how about controls, is a circle pad pro worth it? I don't want to play to much with gyro as I already feel like the hinge of my xl is a bit loose.

Edited on by Lycidas

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

MarcelRguez

@Lycidas Turns out you can play through the entire game solo (I didn't know that before jumping in). You have to think of it as an arcade, mission-based shooter first and foremost. It's decently challenging at points and yes, I would recommend a circle pad pro. Not sure if they made those for the XL models, though, you might want to look onto that.

MarcelRguez

Lycidas

@MarcelRguez thanks! That doesn't sound half bad, mission-based meaning it can be played in shorterish bursts, right? Challenging is all right too!

as for the CPP, yeah, there's an XL variant, but it's been sold out about everywhere. luckily amazon ships it from Japan.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

PikPi

Using gyro to aim without lock on : very annoying.

Using gyro to fine tune aim while locked on: super satisfying

PikPi

bagajr

I made a small discord group to find people to play the game because a consistent group is nice and relying on randoms can be annoying, especially if you want to do any of the bonus stuff in each level. https://discord.gg/uDS7ECa

bagajr

3DS Friend Code: 2062-9152-2221 | Nintendo Network ID: bagajr | Twitter:

yokokazuo

Recently went back to Mission 11 and at one point I noticed Samus flying her ship up in the sky which I had not noticed during my previous playthroughs of the level. Does anyone else know of other missions where Samus perhaps makes an appearance if you look in the right place? (Not including Missions 12 and 22 since those ones are kind of obvious.

Hmm, encountered some strange glitch on Mission 13 when carrying an artifact. I think it may have been caused by lag, but for some reason I was able to carry an artifact while still having the ability to shoot. I was still slowed down, but I could not drop the artifact at all. Even tried taking another one to the goal to see if it would free the others, but I still had the other one as well. Ended up quitting in hopes that my teammates would be able to pick it up afterwards, but I'm not sure if they could.
Also it even stuck with me when my mech was taken down.

Edited on by yokokazuo

My backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic