Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 901 to 920 of 923

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I maintain that the only real problem I have with this game is it wasn't a simultaneous reveal with another Metroid game.

I now have zero problems with this game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bolt_Strike

Can we all pretend this game never existed now then?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

meleebrawler

@Bolt_Strike Fat chance. Prime 4 is probably going to touch on this game's secret ending in some way. Maybe we'll see the mechs continue to be used, even.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Spoony_Tech

@Bolt_Strike Why would we do that, this game is actually fun! Might not be the Metroid we wanted but doesn't make the game horrible. I would think the popularity of this game may spike a bit now with the other announcements.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

The game is good. Not amazing or stellar but it was definitely fun. Poor thing never stood a chance.

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Can we all pretend this game never existed now then?

if a Metroid 2 remake is gonna take elements of Other M, I will make sure you and everyone remember this for the rest of your lives. : 3

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

roy130390

The reception this game got breaks my heart. We had the opportunity to haven an expanded Metroid Universe that has more options to appeal for more people. if this game was announced along with these games, it probably wouldn't have received the hate and unfair treatment it got. I never felt more disappointed about the gaming community since in most cases I saw it wasn't just disliking the game, it was pure hatred, bias and the need to attack the game in every chance they got.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

meleebrawler

@roy130390 Somehow, I doubt Nintendo or whoever is doing Prime 4 are really going to take the ''complaints'' to heart, and will continue developing the Federation regardless. Kind of have to if Sylux is involved, after all.

And come on... who doesn't want to see one of those mechs in a non-chibi setting?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

roy130390

@meleebrawler I really hope you are right. To me, FF had the right approach for a multiplayer Metroid game and my only problem with it was the chibi art, since atmosphere is really important in Metroid games and the aesthetic actually affected it in a negative way. However, the damage wasn't even close to make the game something bad and well, who says the Federation can't have their own version of soccer to practice using their mech suits?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

ollietaro

It looks like this game is taxing to solo. How is the single player experience? It looks like there's a lot of shooting when soloing which I noticed in YouTube videos. Is Prime Hunters a better solo experience?

ollietaro

I-U

This game may end up being my favorite game in the Metroid Series. It's difficult for me to put anything above Hunters just due to the time I've played that game, but there are a lot of things right about Federation Force that will likely keep me playing for quite some time. I got 100% completion about a month or so ago, and I'm now working towards getting all the MODs. Aftershock is the only one I've yet to get. I could grind a Talvania mission in Hard Mode for it, but I'm instead trying my luck while replaying all of the missions. Within the last month, I've almost done three playthroughs of Normal Mode. The diversity in gameplay and the arsenal options available are arguably the best the series has seen. I hope that Prime 4 will continue to push arsenal customization further, because I do not see it being the better experience personally if it just plays it safe with upgrades.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

ollietaro

@I-U This makes me happy to hear that someone thoroughly enjoyed a game that was unfairly dragged through the internet mud. Did you play mostly through online multiplayer?

ollietaro

Tiefseemiez

Yes, me too.
I honestly didn't play much of it, because it is not a genre I am usually into and I too didn't like the Chibi art style, but the hours I had with it were really fun.
It was amazing to see how much atmosphere it had only by level-design, setting and especially music though the visuals were so basic in that regard.
It really as well-made and I bought it because I was really sorry for the developers who seemed to have put a lot of thought and passion into this just to get flamed by the internet. They didn't deserve the hate.
It is a good game.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

I-U

ollietaro wrote:

@I-U This makes me happy to hear that someone thoroughly enjoyed a game that was unfairly dragged through the internet mud. Did you play mostly through online multiplayer?

I have mostly played the game solo. I did enjoy playing through missions online with others, but didn't feel I was as immersed in the environments as I could be. I think my favorite missions online were the boss missions, like with Sawken and Samus, where four players can easily dominate with the right combos. It's a shame the online has died down a lot. The last time I played online was with another player on Mother Lode around a week ago and I had fun helping them get triple medal. It was interesting to see how the other player played that mission versus my approach having gotten 100%. There are plenty of ways to play through the game.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

gcunit

RedFinch wrote:

@Spoony_Tech

What config are you using?

This is my sweet set up for N3DS XL - I love it and have been sharing it wherever I can as a PSA to promote the game. I really don't want this game to fail as it will only mean less people will play and harder to find online players. I also think it's a worthy game.

My config is only for N3DS as you use the nub controller to look around and turn:
CHOOSE Config B
THEN TAP OPTIONS:
Gyro Aim when Locked On: ON
Invert y-axis: OFF
Aim sensitivity: Max 2

The nub is only used to look in the general direction of enemies and then you tap the ZL to toggle lock on (you don't need to keep it pressed). While locked on, you can use gyro to make fine adjustments to do head shots or leading shots to hit moving targets. If your gyro controls are off, a quick double tap on ZL will reset your aim.

It's pretty sweet set up and I haven't had hand cramps, but I usually play under 2 hours in a sitting.

@RedFinch Doesn't look like you're active around here anymore, but I just wanted to say thanks for this really helpful post.

I've just started playing FF this week and in my early experimentation had decided that the Nub was too slow hadn't noticed that the default controls could be tweaked.

Fwiw, only at the third mission playing solo and I like the game plenty. My only gripes were the control speed limitations (now resolved hopefully, I'll try them out tonight) and the inability to save a game mid-mission (Save Anywhere needs to be a compulsory feature on every game).

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

RedFinch

@gcunit Cheers!

I have three copies of FF but never had a chance to play with my kids yet. In fact, I forgot all about this post and the advice I gave everyone, waaaay back in the day so thanks for reminding me about it.

Yes, not active too much as I never did buy the Switch and went with Xbox One X & a PS4 Pro instead so usually I'm lurking on PushSquare. Still love 3DS but doesn't seem to be many more games to buy for it.

It has been great to watch my kids become Nintendo fanboys (they are really into Yo Kai Watch 3 these days). I gaming less now but glad my post was helpful to you!

RedFinch

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Psst...
I have watched some video gameplay about Metroid Prime Federation Force.
It was like Kids version of Armored Core (with Chibi character).
As a gamer who never like 1st person shooting but suddenly intrigued by this game, do you think i will not make wrong decision to consider this game without left a guilty feeling after playing ?

Anti-Matter

Sorry, this topic has been locked.