Forums

Topic: Aw yeah! Persona Q!

Posts 101 to 120 of 281

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Glad to hear the game is fun. I'll probably pick it up next year. I still need to beat Etrian Odyssey III and Persona 3 FES first.

Does this game have social links or anything outside of the dungeon-crawling?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: Not sure what you mean by social links but there is a section in the main gatering area for conversations with the group. They're optional but I've done everyone and enjoy the lightheartedness of it. It also has secondary objectives like jobs in the EO series. They're fun to try and figure some of them out. Some are kill this boss but others are not. Lets just say I'm enjoying the story and conversations a lot more then I thought I would.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

It's a persona thing. And no, there isn't any, but as Spoony says, you can see several little events between the characters as the game goes on.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

It's nice to know there is some character interaction. The social links (little cutscenes between you and the character in question that could be unlocked throughout the game that fleshed out their backstory and provided benefits to persona creation) and character development are what I really love about the Persona games.

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: Lets just put it this way I made it to the 3rd floor of the second dugeon but I've spent the last 2 to 3 hours doing other things. One of the side quests had me uncover a thief among our group and that was fun the way it played out. There was another social event earlier where I had to help another member with a bit of a competition between members for a girls hand!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pho

@Spoony_Tech: I as well enjoy the conversations, they can be quite a bit of fun! And also, I hope you have fun with that 3rd dungeon, it's my favorite one. Won't spoil it but I love the entire aesthetic, had some pretty memorable moments for me.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Sounds nice. You draw maps like in Etrian Odyssey, correct? Vanilla Persona games tend to have boring dungeon design, so the EO elements should help it tremendously.

Spoony_Tech

There is less tools to make out the dungeon but there's enough there to feel just like EO. What I do like that EO doesn't do is reward you for 100% completion of a floor map with a special treasure chest on each floor. I really hope EO does that next go around.

Oh and the themes of the dungeons set it apart from EO. The first is an Alice in Wonder Land theme

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Eel

Actually, all (most?) of the map markers are there. Some are just context sensitive, like the shortcut arrows (they look like a square until you place them in the right spot).

Bloop.

Ralizah

Great! I might need to pick this up sooner than I was planning. EO gameplay tends to get me addicted to an almost unhealthy degree, evidenced by my getting almost three stratums deep in EO3 a week or so after finishing the EO Untold II demo.

You can play in either P3 or P4 mode, right? Which one are you guys playing?

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

I also started with team 4. However I was complaining when I first started the game that I don't have time to play this game twice for both stories. Now I'm actually thinking of starting another game to get the other side of the story and play at least up till they meet at the end of the first dungeon. That for me would be about 10 hours alone right there. A far cry from a 80 to 100 hours though so it's totally worth it.

After that I would assume there would only be minor changes I can kinda figure out on my own

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Eel

I'd like to assume that they get an epilogue where they return to whatever they were doing before the game. But I haven't beat it yet.

Bloop.

Pho

Bit off topic, but if I love Persona Q, would I feel the same about Etrian Odyssey, and if so, what would you guys recommend?

Poyo! <3

Spoony_Tech

@xPH03N1Xx86: Start with EO IV. Download the demo now!!! I sunk 140 hours into that and still had a massive end game dungeon to do. Just realize that the story takes a back seat to gameplay but the inclusion of an overworld sets it apart from Persona Q and the rest of the EO series. Oh did I mention DL NOW!!

Oh and I was meaning to ask you about how long did it take you to beat Q.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Pho

@Spoony_Tech: Haven't beaten it yet, it's going to be next, after I finish up Oracle of Ages and then Seasons, but I was a good way into dungeon 4 when I was 50 hours in, so estimating for two more dungeons, I'd guess it'd take me another 20 hopefully to finish it (which I will!)

And also, I'll definitely give EO a try now, seeing as I adore RPG's.

Edit: I mean dungeon 4. 50 hours at dungeon 4

Edited on by Pho

Poyo! <3

Spoony_Tech

@xPH03N1Xx86: Well I'm still lurking through the 3rd floor of the 2nd dungeon and racked up about 30 hours. My only complaint for this game would be not being able to hold more persona. 14 just isn't enough and I want to get as many skills as I can but that limit isn't helping me at all. I feel like I'm dumping persona way to fast.

MERG said:

Pho

@Spoony_Tech: Maybe you can try fusing a bunch, so you at least can keep some parts of the personas, and not lose out as much. Usually there are just a few skills I feel are essential so I just manage trying to keep them while getting more powerful personas.

Poyo! <3

Eel

Fusing personas is really important. Don't be afraid of losing a few.

Just remember to add them to your compendium so you can buy them again later.

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.