Update [Thu 20th Oct, 2022 03:00 BST]: The second Nintendo Switch Sports patch has now been rolled out. This one bumps the game up to Version 1.2.3. Here's what's included in this small update, courtesy of Nintendo's Japanese support page (via Nintendo Everything):
Version 1.2.3 (Released October 19th, 2022)
- We’ve made a fix for players who couldn’t resolve the issue of software closing even by applying the previous update (Ver. 1.2.2).
- After updating, some players may find that the order of “Accessories (head)” in “Customize” will be different than before the update. This will not have effects on playing the game.
Original story [Tue 18th Oct, 2022 02:45 BST]: Not long after Nintendo released an update for Nintendo Switch Sports last week, it was required to temporarily suspend the rollout due to a bug causing game crashes. It more recently said it would be issuing two updates to resolve this issue, and the first one has now officially gone live.
This new update, which is essentially just a fix, bumps the game up to Version 1.2.2. Once players have installed this update, they should be able to access online play once again. Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of Nintendo's official support page:
Version 1.2.2 (Released October 17, 2022)
We fixed an error that occurs during pre-match loading under certain conditions, causing the software to close.
This update data (Ver 1.2.2) may not resolve the issues this time for some players so we are preparing the next update data (Ver. 1.2.3) distribution for them.
Nintendo has also gone into more detail on a separate support page about the next update. Here's the full rundown:
Second update (scheduled release - October 19, 2022)
Update data (Ver 1.2.3) - Scheduled release date: October 19th, 2022 (Wednesday)
- Save data backup will resume service after this update.
- For some players, the order of items in the "Accessories (head)" section of the "Customize" will be different from its order before the update. This will not have effects on playing the game.
If you're currently a member of Nintendo Switch Online and happen to own Nintendo Switch Sports, your membership will be extended by one week (more details will be shared in the future about this). And between October 17th and November 2nd, points earned when playing "Play Globally" will also be doubled on all sports:
- Normally, 1.1x to 1.3x points are given in "Random" or in one the sports.
- There are plans for a method to collect rewards missed during this time. Details will follow in the future.
Have you downloaded this update for Nintendo Switch Sports yet? Notice anything else? Leave a comment below.