So Romantic's Jack Move, the futuristic grid-based RPG where you play as a hacker, will be tapping into our Switch's mainframe on 20th September.
This beautiful, neon, pixel art RPG made a splash on Steam with its prologue demo earlier this year, and it's now bringing the whole adventure to consoles (and PC) later this year. Steam, Epic Games, and Humble will all get Jack Move on 8th September, while we'll have to wait a little bit longer to get our hands on it.
As Noa, a vigilante hacker from Bright Town, you must save your father from a mega-corporation — standard stuff, really! But her partners are an eccentric bunch — who doesn't want a Martini-drinking uncle to help them out on their journey?
Here's an official summary of the game from its Steam page:
Jack Move is a fresh take on turn-based Japanese-style RPGs. Promising a unique blend of gritty cyberpunk storytelling, turn-based battles, and beautiful modern pixel art.
Take on the role of Noa Solares: An up-and-coming vigilante hacker from Bright Town. When the overreaching mega-corporation Monomind, kidnaps Abner, her estranged father, Noa has no choice but to get him back, before it's too late. Why is Abner researching digitised consciousness? And what does Monomind want to do with it?
Noa won't be alone on her journey. She'll be helped out by her best friend and tactical planner, Ryder, as well as her Martini drinking uncle and ex-corporate spy, Guin Blakely.
Battle Noa’s foes in the unique single-party-member turn-based battle system, featuring beautiful animation and tactical gameplay.
Customise the software of your Cyber Deck to switch roles mid-battle, balancing offense, defense, and buffs. Choosing which software you load during battle is the key to victory! Hardware upgrades can help boost your stats, increase the amount of software you can install or give Noa extra abilities.
- Gorgeous “Hi-Bit” pixel art inspired by retro RPGs and enhanced with modern techniques.
- Battle your foes in cyberspace. Take them down using a multitude of sweet hacking software.
- Explore the dangerous world of Monocity One and takedown Monomind, the evil mega-corporation that controls it.
- Play as Noa Solares, a sassy hacker out to save her father and the world.
- Fight your way through dungeons filled with all sorts of cyberpunk villany. Street punks, gangsters, corporate militia and horrific cyber-experiments-gone-wrong will all be vying to take you down!
We'll be able to find out soon whether Jack Move's "promising" demo has set the stage for an excellent cyberpunk RPG when the game launches on Switch on 20th September.
In the meantime, check out Jack Move's official animated trailer, featuring some gorgeous retro-style anime-inspired visuals, shared by IGN.
Are you looking forward to Jack Move? Let us know in the comments!