In case you missed it, Sol Cresta actually got a release on Switch earlier this year (after starting out life as an April Fool's joke). Since then, PlatinumGames has been issuing updates for this new shoot 'em up, and we're now up to the next major one (Version 1.0.4).
The Japanese publisher and developer has shared the full patch note details on its official website, with the promise the team will "continue to make improvements and further updates" in the future. This latest update makes some changes and adjustments, and also fixes a couple of issues:
Sol Cresta - Version 1.0.4 (July 1st, 2022):
An update for the Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Steam versions of SOL CRESTA was released on July 1st, 2022.
The version number for each platform is as follows.
Nintendo Switch: Ver. 1.0.4
PS4: Ver. 1.0.4
Steam: Ver. 1.0.2
*We will continue to make improvements with further updates.
- Reduced the hit detection size of the Yamato with 2 or 3 ships combined.
- Increased the number of starting ships selectable in Options to 10.
- Added a scanline setting to Options. This setting can also be changed during gameplay.
- Significantly increased the score bonus for finding the hidden PT character.
- Fixed an issue in which the secret bonus for destroying an F Ball was not being properly awarded.
- Fixed an issue in which the stage 6 boss would disappear offscreen.
You can learn more about the earlier update (Version 1.0.2) in our previous story: Sol Cresta Update Fixes A Bunch Of Issues. And if you would like to learn more about this title, be sure to check out our Nintendo Life review.
Have you tried out this PlatinumGames' shmup on the Nintendo Switch yet? Downloaded the latest patch? Comment below.