Sol Cresta has been out for a few months now and we thought it was a pretty decent in our review, highlighting its interesting system and superb soundtrack, but criticising the visuals and its overall lack of polish, awarding the game a 7/10.
It looks like PlatinumGames are at least looking to apply a bit of TLC to the game and make it a more polished experience overall with the release of their Ver. 1.0.2 Update. It should already be available to download for Switch players and looks to fix a number of issues and adjust some gameplay mechanics that may have previously proved irritating.
Here's a rundown of the update directly from PlatinumGames:
- Trophy display behavior has been adjusted.
*PS4 version only
Trophy names and descriptions have been changed to display in English when the system language is set to a language other than Japanese.
- “Split/Dock” behavior has been adjusted.
Previously, fighter order would occasionally change to an unintended order when players moved while the ship was split, but this has been corrected to maintain initial fighter order.
- Behavior when the maximum number of shields is increased via Sol Gauge bonuses has been adjusted.
Previously, a Sol Emblem item would appear, giving a shield when all three fighters were intact, but now the additional shield is automatically added.
- The look of the SP Gauge has been changed, and the name has been changed to “F Gauge (Formation Gauge).”
- The look of the Sol Ball has been changed, and the name has been changed to “F Ball.”
- Shield recovery speed on Very Easy and Easy difficulty has been increased.
- Several progress blocking issues have been fixed.
- General framerate improvement
It seems to be a fairly substantial update, so we're hoping this improves the experience for many of you. Be sure to let us know in the comments if you've tried the game out post-update, and whether it's made a meaningful change for you.
- Further Reading - Best Nintendo Switch Shmups