Motion Twin and Evil Empire have confirmed that the 'Everyone is Here' update is now out on Switch (and other consoles).
Original Article (23rd November):
In what is the game's 26th update in total, Dead Cells is adding weapons, skills and skins from a number of indie hits you'll be more than familiar with. Hollow Knight, Blasphemous, Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee, Skul, and Curse of the Dead Gods are all included, which is quite the lineup. Here's what to expect for each:
New weapon: Face Flask
- They say this was supposed to heal you, but it doesn't seem to work that well... Eh, who cares, it looks cool as heck.
New outfit: Penitent's Outfit
Curse of the Dead Gods
New weapon: Machete and Pistol
- Slash, slash, bang. But like, big strong bang. Basically.
New outfit: Explorer's Outfit
New weapon: Pollo Power
- Unleash your inner chicken and bring wrath to your enemies, as you lay egg-bombs all over the island.
New outfit: Luchador's Outfit
New weapon: Pure Nail
- Looks like Blobespierre has finally learnt that he's not obliged to stop running everytime he wants to take a swing.
New outfit: Vessel's Oufit
Hyper Light Drifter
New weapon: Hard Light Sword / Hard Light Gun
- Shoot with one to mark your enemy, hit with the other to get your ammo back.
New outfit: The Magician's Outfit
New weapon: Bone
- One swing, two swings, one uncontrollable whirlwind... You know the deal.
New outfit: Little Bone's Outfit
In the update's patch notes, which also detail some balancing and quality of life changes, the team offers a hint on how to unlock all of this new content:
"As you explore Prisoners' Quarters, you might notice some new unusual rooms that don't seem to belong here. Perhaps they shifted from another dimension? Legends say that finding and exploring those rooms will bring you glory and strength!.. as well as new tools to add to your arsenal.
We also heard that a strange, mysterious, might-be-full-of-hints book has appeared somewhere in Prisoners' Quarters. However, its sayings look quite cryptic and incomprehensible..."
So, if you haven't figured it out already, you might want to check out Prisoner's Quarters when the update drops.
Speaking of which, this latest update is now available for players on PC and is headed to consoles "very soon". Keep an eye out, Switch players.