Listen, we know there are quite a few roguelites on the market these days, but for fans of the genre, it's never enough. Give us a gimmick and a fresh art style, and we'll eagerly try them all.
Dandy Ace is the latest isometric action-adventure deckbuilding roguelite, in which you'll play as Ace, a magician trapped in a mirror dimension by an evil illusionist. By combining different cards, you can create your very own arsenal of magic, helping you to defeat the other monsters and bosses trapped here with you.
There's even a Twitch Mode for streamers, which allows the audience to decide whether to help or hinder you as you play, because everyone loves being meddled with!
The console version will have brand-new never-released content that all players can get for free, which includes:
- Masterful Jump - Ace blinks to the nearest enemy, dealing damage upon arrival. If there's no enemy to jump into, Ace won't blink and the effect will trigger in the same position.
- Bolt of Cards - Ace Dashes forward. While dashing, 3 homing cards are shot from Ace.
- Cloth Galore - Ace shoots a projectile that, if connected with an enemy, will spawn Cloth Chain.
- Phantom Overcharge - Ace blinks forward, leaving 2 phantoms of himself, one in his point of origin and one in his arrival. After a brief delay the points are connected, damaging any enemies between them.
- Cloak of Retribution (Trinket) - If an enemy hits Ace, that enemy will take damage back. The damage is proportional to the enemy's attack strength. The damage increases as Ace progresses through the Palace.
Dandy Ace is out today, and can be purchased on the eShop for $19.99.
Are you the type of person who'll play every single deckbuilding roguelite? Let us know if you're hoping to pick this one up in the comments below!