While Nintendo was busy unveiling umpteen indie delights during yesterday's Indie World Showcase, United Label was also busy launching a new trailer for Tails of Iron, an RPG headed to Switch next month.
The clip gives us another look at the game's dark, foreboding world, as well as a glimpse at its combat, described by the development team as "punishingly brutal". Players take on the role of Redgi, heir to the Rat Throne, and must embark on a perilous quest to reclaim the Kingdom alongside a band of brave companions.
- Master brutal combat, inspired by the souls-like genre, featuring dodge-rolls, parry bashes, and fatal executions!
- Explore a vast and treacherous Kingdom, comprising six distinct biomes, each with its own hidden paths and secrets
- Immerse yourself in a compelling story, narrated by the deep, raspy vocals of the legendary Doug Cockle
- Customise your attack style with a vast array of distinct weapons and armour
- Assemble a band of brave companions, ready to aid you on select missions
- Complete side quests to earn additional gold-on-the-side
- Unearth special blueprints to forge new and powerful weapons
- Collect rare ingredients to cook up health-boosting feasts
- Overcome savage boss fights against the Frog Clan’s deadly, oversized generals
- Lose yourself in the gorgeous and lovingly-crafted 2D hand-drawn art style.
We've had an eye on Tails of Iron since it was first announced for Switch back in July, and feel that it might be one worth adding to your wishlist. The game launches on 17 September – will you be checking it out?