Rats can get a bit of bad press at times - just this week A Plague Tale: Innocence - Cloud Version arrived on Switch to show hordes of rats as terrifying creatures of death. Tails of Iron is one game keen to show that they're not all bad, though.
Developed by UK-based Odd Bug Studio and published by United Label, Tails of Iron is an RPG adventure that showcases a rather nice visual style. It arrives on Switch via the eShop and at retail on 17th September, with Doug Cockle (previous credits include Geralt of Rivera in the Witcher series) on board as narrator of the tale. The physical retail versions will also include the Crimson Knight DLC pack that includes 12 different cosmetic skins.
You play as a noble heir of the rat throne trying to fight off your deadly foes, frogs. We think it looks rather promising in the trailer; below is the official feature list.
- Brutal combat, inspired by the souls-like genre, featuring dodge-rolls, parry bashes, and fatal executions.
- A vast and treacherous Kingdom, comprising six distinct biomes, each with its own hidden paths and secrets;
- A compelling story, narrated by the deep, raspy vocals of the legendary Doug Cockle;
- Customizable attack styles with a vast array of distinct weapons and armor;
- A range of side quests offering players additional gold-on-the-side;
- Hidden blueprints to forge new and powerful weapons;
- Savage boss fights against the Frog Clan’s deadly, oversized generals;
- A gorgeous and lovingly-crafted 2D hand-drawn art style.
Let us know what you think - one for the wishlist?