It's not so long ago that so many games had 'Cyber' in the title that it was becoming a genre of its own, but the passing of time and some controversies for the source of that rush of cyberpunk has calmed it all down. Nevertheless, 'cyber' and 'punk' are still cool when used well in a game, and Cyber Hook is a fun title that's bringing frantic action to the Switch eShop soon; it arrives on 24th June priced at $14.99USD.
This is a title that found an eager audience when it initially arrived on PC last year; it's a fast-paced first-person runner where you shoot and grapple your way through some rather tricky stages. As you can see in the trailer above this is a game that will be pretty darn challenging, and it includes worldwide leaderboards for the competitive among you that want to master each run. New for the Switch version will be motion controls, too, presumably for aiming.
- Marathon Mode – Run through a bevy of levels in a row without having time ever stop and see if you can make it to the top of the leaderboards. Challenge yourself in full game Marathon with 70+ levels, Monthly Marathons, and Per World Marathons.
- Intense Parkour Action – Fast-paced 3D parkour gameplay that plunges you through intense platforming challenges. Scale and ride walls, but be careful to time jumps correctly or you’ll plunge to your death.
- Tools At Your Disposal – Use a grappling hook to fly through levels by hooking yourself onto blocks, while blasting foes and blocks with a laser finger gun.
- Alter The Game – Warp time to save yourself from falling and discover new movement options to make it past challenges. In Cyber Hook, you can forge your own path by abusing physics and breaking the level design.
- Levels Galore – 70+ levels at launch to test your parkour skills.
- Worldwide Leaderboards – Compete with other players using the region or worldwide leaderboard and watch others play in-game to determine the best strategies to make it through levels.
Are you tempted to pick this up on Switch next week?