Nintendo has provided updated sales figures for its best-selling games on Switch, giving us a great look at which titles have performed the best since the console launched back in 2017.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons continues to sell like hotcakes – it actually managed to shift 14.27 million units between April and September this year – but it still hasn't managed to quite top the overall chart. That honour remains with the evergreen beast that is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Below, you'll find the Switch's best-selling games as of 30th September 2020. Note that the data only includes Nintendo-published titles.
Top Ten Best-Selling Nintendo Switch Games (as of 30th September 2020):
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 28.99 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 26.04 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 21.10 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 19.74 million
- Pokémon Sword and Shield - 19.02 million
- Super Mario Odyssey - 18.99 million
- Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! - 12.49 million
- Super Mario Party - 12.10 million
- Splatoon 2 - 11.27 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 8.32 million
The numbers above are worldwide sales and include retail, digital, and copies bundled with hardware all combined. Nintendo has also revealed that Switch hardware lifetime sales have now reached more than 68 million units, overtaking the NES.
Any surprises in that top ten? Feel free to share your thoughts below.