Twin-stick shooter HyperParasite has received a solid, final release date for Nintendo Switch. You'll be able to get your hands on it from 3rd April.
Described as a "fresh take" on the familiar twin-stick shooter, HyperParasite is said to offer "incredibly slick fast-paced action" and "responsive controls". Back in October, a Kickstarter campaign designed to accelerate development and aid the porting to consoles was launched but it ultimately failed, only generating around 10,000€ of its 25,000€ goal.
The game has now made it through its development stage, however, and a new release date announcement trailer has been launched (see above). We also have a feature list for you right here:
- A unique twist on the genre; jump from one host body to another
- Over 60 (SIXTY!) different characters to control as host bodies
- A unique retro 3D-pixelated aesthetic
- Survive 5 acts of procedurally generated, grungy looking levels where secrets are hidden around every dark corner… tentacles too.
- Trouble loves company! Bring a mate and deliver twice the carnage in local co-op mode
- Original beats served by Van Reeves and Joe Kataldo, delivering a thumping score with a pulsating synthwave bassline, punctuating every snatch and kill
It's set to launch for $17.99 / €14.99 / £13.99, but publisher QubicGames is running a special promotion over the game's launch period. There are general pre-order and early purchase discounts available, as well as boosted discounts for those who already own titles from the QubicGames library:
- EU - 24th March - 18th April 33% discount for all pre-orders and purchases
- EU - 24th March - 18th April 50% discount for all QubicGames customers
- NA - 24th March - 12th April 33% discount for all pre-orders and purchases
- NA - 24th March - 18th April 50% discount for all QubicGames customers
Do you think you might give this one a go? Will you be making use of those discounts? Let us know with a comment.