Twin-stick shooter HyperParasite has received a solid, final release date for Nintendo Switch. You'll be able to get your hands on it from 3rd April.
Described as a "fresh take" on the familiar twin-stick shooter, HyperParasite is said to offer "incredibly slick fast-paced action" and "responsive controls". Back in October, a Kickstarter campaign designed to accelerate development and aid the porting to consoles was launched but it ultimately failed, only generating around 10,000€ of its 25,000€ goal.
The game has now made it through its development stage, however, and a new release date announcement trailer has been launched (see above). We also have a feature list for you right here:
- A unique twist on the genre; jump from one host body to another
- Over 60 (SIXTY!) different characters to control as host bodies
- A unique retro 3D-pixelated aesthetic
- Survive 5 acts of procedurally generated, grungy looking levels where secrets are hidden around every dark corner… tentacles too.
- Trouble loves company! Bring a mate and deliver twice the carnage in local co-op mode
- Original beats served by Van Reeves and Joe Kataldo, delivering a thumping score with a pulsating synthwave bassline, punctuating every snatch and kill
It's set to launch for $17.99 / €14.99 / £13.99, but publisher QubicGames is running a special promotion over the game's launch period. There are general pre-order and early purchase discounts available, as well as boosted discounts for those who already own titles from the QubicGames library:
- EU - 24th March - 18th April 33% discount for all pre-orders and purchases
- EU - 24th March - 18th April 50% discount for all QubicGames customers
- NA - 24th March - 12th April 33% discount for all pre-orders and purchases
- NA - 24th March - 18th April 50% discount for all QubicGames customers
Do you think you might give this one a go? Will you be making use of those discounts? Let us know with a comment.
Apparently that isn't long enough...
Used to love twin stick shooters (especially the superb Enter the Gungeon) but since I lost all use of my left hand these types of games are sadly beyond me.
@cmk8 surely all games are beyond you bar something like ‘Two Finger Death Punch’?
@xanderten50 They don't seem to like brevity around here do they?
SUPER stoked on this one, been wondering when it would finally surface!
I'm not sure about this yet, this publisher usually puts a lot of shovelware. Gotta wait for reviews I guess.
Looks like a "looks good but wont get it" game
@Rodan2000 slower turn based games are ok and I have an adapter to put the joycon back to back to play Wario kart etc.
Not as good as I was and fast paced fps's etc no chance!
I'd rather see the return of the Nano Assault series on the Switch. Neo on the Wii U was a personal favorite on that console.
Looks good, but not buying it as I know I'm not going to play it over other games. Also, QubicGames is publishing, which is a shovelware red flag...
@cmk8 good good! At least you still can play!
@Kilroy We teamed up with Qubic to push the game to a wider audience on Switch. It's a great game, check out the Steam store reviews.
@rushiosan Valid point, but please do check out the Steam store reviews. It's a solid, addictive and very slick game. Great soundtrack, too!
@eripmav I see that now! I'll keep an eye on it then. Thanks.
@Kilroy my pleasure. We’ve had so many comparisons of the game, like Broforce meets Enter the Gungeon and Binding of Isaac meets Kirby!
Excited, can’t wait
Tap here to load 17 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...