Blasting its way onto Switch in western territories next week is Rolling Gunner, a side-scrolling, bullet hell shoot 'em up which has only been available in Japan up until now.
You'll be able to pick this one up from 20th June as a digital download, although a physical release is also planned for "late 2019" if you'd rather have a lovely box to plonk on your shelf at home. We've got a description and feature list for you to check out below, as well as a handful of screenshots.
The year is 2061 and nearly three decades have passed since the new metallic element "Busterium" was discovered by the Lerman Matsunaga corporation at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. Utilizing this new alloy, Lerman Matsunaga developed a new clean energy engine called the Buster Engine, which was globally adopted and quickly replaced fossil fuel and nuclear-based engines.
With nearly all of the world’s engines now being centrally powered and controlled by a fully automated computer system called BAC, the unthinkable has happened: BAC has gained intelligence and has turned against humanity. With humanity on the verge of extinction, a secret internal division of Lerman Matsunaga had the foresight to design a special weapon against BAC: the Rolling Gun.
● Navigate across 6 stages blanketed in a hail of bullets from an unceasing
onslaught of enemies and screen-filling bosses
● Choose from 3 different STORK ships to pilot, each with unique attributes and
● Multiple difficulty settings allow players of all skill levels to jump in and enjoy a
true bullet hell experience
● Save Replays and use Training mode to master the Rolling Gun and learn the
intricacies of each stage
● A pulse-pounding, high-energy original soundtrack composed by COSIO (Space
Invaders Extreme, Groove Coaster) perfectly complements the gameplay
● Beautifully animated cutscenes marry gameplay and story
● A challenging risk v reward point system will have seasoned players shooting for
the top of the in-game leaderboard
The digital version of the game is priced at £17.99 / $19.99. Will you be giving this one a try next week?