Thief's Roulette is a recently launched Kickstarter project striving for a Switch release in September 2020. It's a one-person developed game, described as a thriller mixed with visual novel and puzzle elements. It's inspired by the likes of Danganronpa and the Zero Escape game series.
As can be seen in the trailer above, the gameplay takes place from a first-person perspective. It requires you to interact with various characters while solving puzzles within 3D environments. The narrative touches on themes of betrayal, deception, and trust - with choice-driven scenarios presented to you along the way and even multiple game endings on offer.
The setting is in the future, where high-tech society is now normal. You awake in an unknown location to discover you have been kidnapped by a mysterious woman named Lady Luck and must now fight for your survival by completing a series of challenges.
Here are the exact features:
- A gripping story of deception. Who you choose to align with may either lead to your death or your survival.
- Heavy Player Choices that can alter the path of the Story.
- Multiple Endings
- Immersive and Intricate Puzzles to Solve.
- A Natural approach to Difficulty: Any time during a Puzzle, you may ask your teammates for help. Players who want to take on the challenge with no clues can simply not ask for assistance.
- Fully explorable 3D Environments and VN Style Artwork.
- A cast of unique characters with their own goals and personalities. Some are only out for themselves, others may have your back when the time comes.
To find out more, head over to the Kickstarter page for a comprehensive rundown. At the time of writing, there are 28 days remaining to get the project across the line.
Does Thief's Roulette look like a game you would be interested in playing on the Switch? Tell us below.