- Number of Players
- Single Player
- Action, Adventure, Arcade, Platformer
- Release Date
- 27th Aug 2020, $4.99
- 27th Aug 2020, £4.49
Review Witcheye - A Fun Platformer That Sadly Can't Shake Off Its Smartphone Origins
There's some kind of witchcraft going on with Witcheye, and we're not just talking about the title character. Here's a 2D platformer that doesn't involve any jumping whatsoever. Spooky. At the outset of the game, you take control of a witch who turns herself into a free-flying eyeball – because witches – in order to chase down a...
About The Game
Witcheye is a big, colorful, old-school platform adventure with a unique touchscreen control system that gives unparalleled control over the hero. Set off on an adventure as a mild-mannered witch who transforms into a flying eyeball of vengeance after a smarmy knight and wizard steal her spell ingredients. You'll guide her through 50+ levels, each containing something completely unique: tricky new enemies, mysterious new environments, and puzzling new secrets. These elements are brought to life with colorful, clean pixel art and a lively, head-bobbing original soundtrack.
Designer Peter Malamud Smith was the co-creator (with Charlie Hoey) of the viral hit The Great Gatsby For NES, and creator of the well-received mobile action puzzlers Satellina and Satellina Zero.
- Unique, intuitive controls, for a fresh take on a classic gameplay style
- 50+ fast-paced levels full of unique elements, including over 100 enemies, minibosses, and bosses
- Crisp pixel art visuals
- 30+ track original soundtrack
- Unlockable bonus modes and challenges, including a hard mode with fully remixed enemies and levels
- Robust speedrun features, including player ghosts and timers with built-in splits
Wow, no comments yet... why not be the first?
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...