- Number of Players
- Single Player
- Other, Puzzle, Simulation
- Release Date
- 2nd Nov 2021, $19.99
- 2nd Nov 2021, £17.99
- Official Site
- Also Available On
- PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S
Review Unpacking - An Emotive Experience, Beautifully Packaged On Switch
Living in a box
Videogames: pure escapism. Enact extreme, often immoral, experiences that you would never dare explore in real life: steal a car, murder hundreds of people, grow a moustache and stamp turtles to death. But Unpacking ups the ante: how would it feel to keep your cutlery in the second drawer down? Yes, a journey into the mind of a...
About The Game
Unpack someone's belongings at different stages of their life to learn their story in this zen puzzle game.
Unpacking is a zen game about the familiar experience of pulling possessions out of boxes and fitting them into a new home. Part block-fitting puzzle, part home decoration, you are invited to create a satisfying living space while learning clues about the life you’re unpacking. Over the course of eight house moves, you are given a chance to experience a sense of intimacy with a character you never see and a story you’re never told.
- Unpack a home — from a single bedroom to an entire house
- Meditative gameplay with no timers, meters or scores
- Explore domestic environments with all their nooks and crannies while you stack plates, hang towels, and arrange bookshelves
- Discover a character's story through the items that come with her to each new home (and the items that get left behind)
- Soundtrack by BAFTA award-winning composer and audio director Jeff van Dyck
Played this on Series X with Gamepass and it's a great relaxing game! Totally worth it.
Tap here to load 1 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...