Much more than a solid achievement
The Switch isn't exactly lacking for quirky Metroidvanias, with the likes of Yoku's Island Express, Dandara and SteamWorld Dig 2 all stretching the genre in new and interesting directions. Hollow Knight, though, is arguably the m
Hollow Knight Guides
One common issue with many Switch games — especially games ported from other platforms — is uncomfortably small on-screen text. Whether it's dialogue in a box, menu text, or the User Interface (UI), it can often be difficult to read on Nintendo's handheld hybrid console. It's not something that blights ported games...
You can do it!
Getting 100% completion in Hollow Knight is a momentous achievement. This is a massive Dark Souls-like adventure with a ton of collectibles to find, bosses to beat, and abilities to unearth. It's also really, really hard in places. That difficulty stems from both the wide variety of bosses you have to conquer, and how well hidden...
Like a boss
What's a Dark Souls-like without some good old-fashioned Bosses? Well, Hollow Knight doesn't disappoint in that arena, with a massive variety of them to battle your way through. Much like its inspiration, these bosses are pretty difficult though, so be prepared to spend a good chunk of time learning their attack patterns,...
As you explore the dark and beautiful world of Hollow Knight, you'll no doubt come across a Charm or two. These are special items that provide various bonuses to our hollow hero. You'll need a free Notch to equip a Charm, and you start with three of them. As you play, you can unlock a total of eight more, allowing you to equip 11...
Our hero in Hollow Knight doesn't fight with swords and shields or any of that medieval nonsense. No, this hero fights with Nails that deal deadly damage when used appropriately. You can Upgrade your nail to deal more damage, and even unlock a variety of Arts that allow you to pull off special moves in combat. In this guide, we're...
You're a wizard, Hollow Knight
What's a Dark Souls or The Legend of Zelda-inspired adventure without a sprinkling of Spells to cast? It seems like Hollow Knight agrees, as there's a bunch of Spells to collect and cast, ranging from healing your knight to damaging his enemies. In this guide, we're going to detail the location and unlock...
Vessel Fragments in Hollow Knight are parts of Soul Vessels, which increase your maximum SOUL by 33% upon collection. Three Vessel Fragments make up a Soul Vessel, and there are nine Vessel Fragments in total to collect. Collect them all and you double your maximum SOUL. Think of SOUL as your magic meter. You gather it by...
Mask Shards are to Hollow Knight what Heart Pieces are to The Legend of Zelda. Find four of them and you'll earn yourself an Ancient Mask that will boost your health by one. There are 16 Ancient Masks in Hollow Knight, so if you find all of them that's four extra health points. In this guide, we're going to detail the...
About The Game
Forge your own path in Hollow Knight!
An epic action adventure through a vast ruined kingdom of insects and heroes. Explore twisting caverns, battle tainted creatures and befriend bizarre bugs, all in a classic, hand-drawn 2D style.
- Classic side-scrolling action, with all the modern trimmings. Dodge, dash and slash your way through even the most deadly adversaries.
- Includes all of the new items, areas, characters, and bosses from the currently released free content packs; Hidden Dreams, The Grimm Troupe, and Lifeblood. All players will also get access to the final free content pack, Gods and Glory, due later this year!
- Explore a vast interconnected world of forgotten highways, overgrown wilds and ruined cities. Choose which paths you take, which enemies you face and find your own way forward.
- Evolve with powerful new skills and abilities! Gain spells, strength and speed. Leap to new heights on ethereal wings. Dash forward in a blazing flash. Blast foes with fiery Soul!
- A haunting, intimate score accompanies the player on their journey, composed by Christopher Larkin. The score echoes the majesty and sadness of a civilisation brought to ruin.