Sorry, no Eight-Minute Empire review yet.
Sorry, no Eight-Minute Empire screenshots yet.
Astral Chain! Heave Ho! Dragon Ball LITE!
The latest Nintendo Download update for Europe has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch Retail - New Releases: ASTRAL CHAIN (Nintendo, 30th Aug,...
Hotline Miami! Superhot! Puyo Puyo!
The latest Nintendo Download update for North America has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Nintendo Switch: Superhot (SUPERHOT, Mon 19th August, $24.99)...
Eight-Minute Empire, by Ryan Laukat, is a quick Civilization/Exploration game using card-driven area control.
In Eight-Minute Empire, 2-5 players take turns selecting a card from the six displayed. This card gives the player a resource, and also has an action which the player takes immediately. Actions help players take over the map, but the resources are worth points at the end of the game, so players have to balance the two aspects. Players spread across the map in order to collect points at the end of the game by having majority control in regions and continents.
• Recruit troops to strengthen your army
• Command your forces to acquire new provinces
• Challenge your friends all over the world
• Sail across the seas & build castles to expand your empire
• Eliminate enemy troops to weaken your adversaries
• Collect goods to increase your advantage[/list]
AWARDS & HONORS
Our digital adaptation:
2017 Golden Geek Best Board Game App Nominee
2017 Golden Geek Best Mobile/Handheld Nominee
The board game:
2013 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
2013 Golden Geek Best Print & Play Board Game Nominee
2014 Gioco dell’Anno Nominee
2014 Hra roku Nominee
- official Eight-Minute Empire game
- great artwork
- ingame interactive tutorial
- languages: English, German, Dutch, Polish, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese Traditional and Simplified, Russian
- play with AI, with friends or both
- pass and play mode
- online cross platform multiplayer with synchronous and asynchronous modes
- opponents' last moves replay
- 3 levels of difficulty AIs with individual strategies
- different maps
- climate sounds and music
- official rules plus extra additions
- unique, original board game feel on your Nintendo Switch
- colorblind mode
- over 70 achievements