Time after time
Across the Grooves is an interactive graphic novel that puts you in the shoes of Alice. Having lived a relatively normal existence thus far, Alice’s life is turned upside down when she receives an odd package from her ex, Ulysse. A vinyl record is contained within, and when Alice plays it, she’s launched back into the past to...
About The Game
Across the Grooves is an interactive graphic novel, set in a magical realism universe, where your decisions affect the destiny of Alice, the main character, drastically changing her reality and allowing her to explore alternative destinies by modifying her past.
Alice lives an uneventful life. She's in a long term relationship, has a stable office job and a nice apartment in the center of Bordeaux. One day, Ulysse, her ex-lover, comes back into her life through an old vinyl record she receives in the mail. When she puts it for a spin on turntable, she is thrown back into her own past, forced to relive old events. When she comes back to the present, her reality has changed and her fiancé no longer knows her, as if they never met.
Determined to bring her life back on track, Alice packs up and embarks on a hunt across Europe, following the tracks of Ulysse while trying to uncover the origins of the record. However, her journey gradually turns into a quest of self-discovery as she explores new parallel realities each time she puts the needle in the groove.
- A hand-crafted adventure — With each playthrough, discover a novel-sized adventure and a slice of the hundreds of hand-drawn images created for the game.
- Every choice matters — Each decision you make slightly alters the personality of the main character, Alice.
- Discover and explore — Travel across European cities, meet colorful characters and solve the mystery, all depicted in gorgeous European comic book art style.
- Immersive and finely crafted soundtrack — The music adapts and shifts according to your choices and the mood of each scene.
- Dynamic dialogue system — Read the story like a comic book.
- High replayability — Choose Alice’s fate and discover the outcome of your decisions through multiple story paths and endings.