Walking on sunshine
Why do we play games? Exploration would seem to be the watchword, the catalyst for every element of the most diverse and interesting form of entertainment there is. It doesn't matter what you're exploring; all that matters is that it's happening. In the most traditional sense, you're exploring an unfamiliar, possibly mystical...
A Short Hike Guides
I see a ship in the harbour
Blue Monday. No, not just a kick-ass New Order song, but the name coined by marketers for the third Monday in January — purportedly the 'most depressing day of the year'. While the genesis and questionable 'science' behind this dreary moniker is smirk-worthy, looking after your mental health is something everyone should...
Prepare to have your fuzzies warmed
What exactly makes a game wholesome? Is it the player's state of mind while playing? Is it an adherence to specific aesthetics or messages? Is it the inclusion of birds? Well, you might be forgiven for thinking it's the last one, because at least half of the games on this list are about birds specifically, but the...
About The Game
Follow the marked trails or explore the backcountry as you make your way to the summit. Along the way, meet other hikers, discover hidden treasures, and take in the world around you.
• Explore the island any way you like. Choose your own path to follow and see where it leads you. You never know what you might stumble into!
• Hike at your own pace - there's no need to rush to the summit! Take your time fishing along the river banks or swimming by the lakeshore.
• Collect hidden treasures to reach new heights. Try taking a dive off the mountain peaks to soar above the forests.
• Chat with the other hikers you meet along your route. You might be able to help each other out!
• Listen to a lush original soundtrack by Mark Sparling that progresses dynamically as you explore the wilderness.