Sorry, no TimeSplitters Future Perfect review yet.
Another casualty of Embracer's restructuring
In yet another blow to the gaming industry, VGC has reported that Embracer Group may soon be closing the Nottingham-based UK studio Free Radical Design. The team was reformed back in 2021 to revive the classic FPS franchise Timesplitters, but it looks like that may now be under threat as a result of...
Free Radical returns with key original team members
Publisher Deep Silver has announced the return of Free Radical Design - which will be responsible for reviving the much-loved TimeSplitters IP. The developer will be made up of key members of the original Free Radical team, including the founders and former Rareware employees, Steve Ellis and David...
When Rare was acquired by Microsoft back during the beginning of the GameCube era, fellow UK studio Free Radical stepped in and released TimeSplitters 2 on the new Nintendo system within the same year. It looked, played and felt like a Rareware first-person shooter and that's because Free Radical was founded by former Rare employees...
Also acquires Second Sight
Koch Media - a publisher and distributor owned by THQ Nordic - has announced that it has acquired the arcade shooter series TimeSplitters, suggesting that a new game could well be on the way in the process. Released across the early 2000s, TimeSplitters is a series of three shooters that feature a cartoon-like...
Featuring innovative "meet and assist yourself" gameplay, TimeSplitters Future Perfect challenges players to team up with past, present and future versions of themselves as they battle their way through an action-packed story spanning more than 500 years and loaded with the series' trademark humor.
The game features:
- A deep story mode taking players from a 1914 Scottish castle to the frontlines of a robot war in 2243
- Co-op mode allowing gamers to play through the entire single-player game with a friend
- Deep Arcade and Challenge modes offering dozens of mini-games and offline multiplayer action
- More than 150 playable characters, from robotic super soldiers and Cold War commandos to zombie nurses and pistol-packing monkeys
- Easy-to-use Mapmaker tools allowing players to create their own single and multiplayer levels and share them online for endless replay value
- More than 40 era-specific weapons and vehicles – from time disruption grenades and giant mechs to flare guns and machine-gun mounted trucks