Tri-al and error
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes is a remarkably segmented and potentially divisive game from Nintendo. It attempts a similar trick to Four Swords Adventures but, with its totem mechanic and implementation, doesn't accommodate both solo and group players in canny ways; as a result this is a multiplayer game with single player...
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes Guides
Pick of the pixies
You may have noticed that we're doing a video game music festival while the summer months are still here — but you may also be wondering why we haven't included the most important music of all. Fear not! I'm here to save the day by ranking EVERY SINGLE VERSION OF FAIRY FOUNTAIN FROM THE LEGEND OF ZELDA. That's right, it's a...
It's dangerous to go alone - take all these
What are the best Zelda games? Following decades of adventures across Nintendo consoles, ranking The Legend of Zelda series is one heck of an undertaking. Bar a couple of exceptions, each entry is pretty much a classic, and even the 'lesser' ones are really rather good. Many remain fixed as among the very...
About The Game
A Legendary Team
In the visual style of the critically-acclaimed The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds game comes a new adventure. In this journey, three players team up– each as Link – to cooperatively make their way through inventive dungeons and battle bosses. Use the new Totem mechanic to stack three Links on top of each other to reach higher grounds and solve puzzles. Collect loot to create wearable outfits, each with a different boost or ability.
- Similar visual style and top-down view of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
- As Link, buddy up with two other Link characters and cooperatively solve inventive puzzles to progress through the game.
- All three players share hearts, so they must work together to defeat enemies and solve puzzles.
- Stack three Links on top of each other with the new "Totem" mechanic, which makes it possible to reach new locations to solve puzzles.
- Collect loot to create wearable outfits, each with a different boost or ability. Each dungeon is structured with four main areas.
- Single-player mode allows the player to rent two paper dolls to take along to complete the team of three and face challenges in dungeons.
- Choose from a set of emoticons to communicate with each other while playing in multiplayer mode.
- Team up with two other players in multiplayer mode via local wireless connection, online and with download play.