Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,534

JaxonH

martinskrtel37 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Well, I am selling my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii on Amazon.

Doing the same here. I'll be able to get enough out of it to get XC3D and save some on XCX.

I am hoping that it comes to Wii U VC before XCX comes out. I don't plan to get a New 3DS, I just know that I won't have time to go through it until I am able to get it cheaper on other systems so I might as well sell it now.

I am also debating on selling more Wii and GameCube games, like my Fire Emblems but that is off topic

don't sell anything... you will instantly regret selling Xenoblade, Fire Emblem etc.

I second that. These games will never go down in price (with exception of a reprint, but no GC/Wii games are getting another print). And besides, money comes and goes. But a great game lasts forever.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Xyphon22

I'm almost at the end (I think), and I'm looking for a little help to see if I'm missing anything. I'll try to use the spoiler tags if I can get them right.

I'm inside the Bionis' heart and fighting the Telethia that Lorithia turned into, and I can barely touch her. Almost all of my attacks miss. I can last for a very long time because my defense and healing are good, but I barely make a dent in her HP. It has been a very long time since I fought the Telethia in Makna Forest or wherever and I know I had a similar problem with it, but I don't know how I got over it. I know you were supposed to use Purge on that one, but it says she is immune to it and it doesn't seem to do anything. I also blew right through all the Telethia that just attacked us at Colony 6, including Dickson's and Alvis', so I don't know why I can't do anything to this one. Am I forgetting something, doing something wrong, or is it just that much harder of a battle and I am underpowered (I am level 70, she is 75)?

Thanks for any help. I've had this game since launch and being this close to beating it I kind of just want to get it done.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

nacho_chicken

Xyphon22 wrote:

I'm almost at the end (I think), and I'm looking for a little help to see if I'm missing anything. I'll try to use the spoiler tags if I can get them right.

[snip]

Thanks for any help. I've had this game since launch and being this close to beating it I kind of just want to get it done.

IIRC, being 5+ levels lower than your enemy results in a significant penalty to hit rate. This ends up being a really big problem since you can't control the flow of battle properly. All your tanks miss, causing them to not take aggro; any healing skill draws a ridiculous amount of aggro simply because they have 100% accuracy.

I didn't find Telethia!Lorithia very hard, but that may just be because I liked to explore everything and kill practically anything that decided to be in my way. There's plenty of places to grind at the point in the game where you're at. It won't take long to go up a couple of levels.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

nacho_chicken

BurningSonic wrote:

@DiscoGentleman: I am on the Final Boss and I'm level 83, looks like I have some grinding to do.

I beat the last boss at level 81. It just requires a lot of strategy. Interestingly, my party was the same as DiscoGentleman.

Twitter:

KryptoniteKrunch

I just beat this game recently as well, utterly fantastic game btw.

I'm going to share my thoughts and "strats" on the late game stuff:

Tele-Lorithia was pretty annoying. I lost the first time but I did a little grinding so Shulk was level 80, and Reyn and Sharla were both 79. I didn't need to be that high but better safe than sorry. What made this fight annoying even at higher levels was having to worry about 3 things: The nebulas, the ether pits and Lori herself. But at higher levels, it's a lot easier so the grinding did pay off.

Dickson was actually the hardest late game boss for me. I couldn't get a chain attack on him partially because either Reyn or Sharla kept dying also the battle got nerve wracking because Shulk's aggro was getting too high so I had to use Shadow Eye or run away more times than I usually had to do throughout the game. His daze attack was annoying as well.

Zanza and his multiple stages weren't that hard at all. Shulk was lvl. 81 and Reyn/Sharla were 80. Pretty much throughout Zanza was focusing on Reyn so I could stay back as Shulk and shield the party, heal and hammer him with attacks. I was also getting frequent chain attacks so that helped. I think Reyn went down once which threw off the rhythm a bit but nothing too bad.

I stuck with Shulk/Reyn/Sharla almost the entire game. The others weren't bad but I loved the Monado's perks along with the aggro tank(Reyn) and the medic Sharla.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Xyphon22

I have a question about the end. Last night I reached the point where I beat the giant dragon and made the portal to the top of Prison Island appear. There is a cutscene where Dunban asks if you are ready because you can't return if you go in the portal. Then I went up and found Dickson. I beat his first part where he was danger level yellow, but on his second part all of my attacks were misses. I can't remember if he was red or yellow, but he might have moved up to red. He was level 80 and I am 75. It also doesn't let you save, so I am assuming when I start again I will be back before I went up the portal and have to fight his first part again. My question is, do I need to go level up not only for him but for the final boss as well before I try again? I find it strange that it would even let you go up there with no way to return if it is not even possible to beat the bosses, but that seems to be the case. But if I can't hit this boss, I am assuming the final boss will be even stronger and I won't be able to hit him either.

Xyphon22

Dezzy

Just bought the eshop version. Only a few months after buying the 3DS version
I want that bigger screen. And the ability to play on the gamepad too.
And I want them to make as much money with it as possible!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

GrailUK

I have just finished this game on Wii U and blimey! I think I have a new favourite rpg. I mean, I am old school and hold a candle for Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IV (Zelda is a different type of game!) but this went in the ring with nostalgia and KO'd it! The story just escalates terrifically and even the slow down felt epic. My only gripe is when I press left on the camera stick it goes the wrong way. It works fine if I don't press all the way to the left, but if you go full lock then it starts going the wrong way. Very annoying and the only way around it I could think of was to put the camera speed to fastest. Anyone else had this problem or is my gamepad broke lol? Even then, 10/10 for me and I am unbelievably hyped now for X.

Edit: Yes I said it. Slow down CAN feel awesome! (but no spoilers )

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Xyphon22

Ok, so for everybody who has just beaten this game (or beaten it in the past), can you ever save it once you go to the top of Prison Island, or do you have to beat the final two (or more?) bosses in one sitting? I've looked and asked a number of places and can't seem to find an answer.

Xyphon22

BurningSonic

Xyphon22 wrote:

Ok, so for everybody who has just beaten this game (or beaten it in the past), can you ever save it once you go to the top of Prison Island, or do you have to beat the final two (or more?) bosses in one sitting? I've looked and asked a number of places and can't seem to find an answer.

Once you go to the top you can not save, so yes you have to beat it in one sitting.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Xyphon22

Alright, thanks. I was afraid of that.

Xyphon22

GrailUK

Ye, Dunban asks you if you are ready at the point of no return.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Xyphon22

Yeah, I know. And I have gone up twice and got killed on the second part of the first boss. I guess I was just hoping there would be a way to save after that first boss so I wouldn't have to beat them both in one go, even though I didn't think there would be. Because now I have to waste time grinding to level up enough not just for this boss but the next one, as well.

Xyphon22

nacho_chicken

BurningSonic wrote:

Once you go to the top you can not save, so yes you have to beat it in one sitting.

Is the Wii version different? Because there's hours in between Dickson and Zanza and I was able to save the game right before the final boss in the 3DS version.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Twitter:

BurningSonic

nacho_chicken wrote:

BurningSonic wrote:

Is the Wii version different? Because there's hours in between Dickson and Zanza and I was able to save the game right before the final boss in the 3DS version.

Are you sure because I have only played the 3DS version and it didn't let me save.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Xyphon22

Woohoo! I finally beat this game. And it only took me 3 1/2 years or however long it has been out to do it (I got it at launch). Now if I go back to 100% it, I should be done by the year 2030.

Xyphon22

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.