Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 1,534

Ryno

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

It came out very early in the cycle in Japan. The graphics were not improved for the localizations

To be fair, the game has a huge open world. So obliviously Monolith did its best with the way the game looks.

Play this game on your Wii U and that helps. I wasn't really bothered by the graphics.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

HappyHappyist

Jazzer94 wrote:

@HappyHappyist You need to leave one space above and below the spoiler for it to work.

e.g.
Doesn't work

e.g.

Works

see my post again. I edited it to fit your explanation, but it still didn't work.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

iKhan

Look what Chuggaaconroy is LPing

He's giving away 30 copies of the game as well.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

devinias

Is this worth picking up now?

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

PigmaskFan

It's a GREAT game, though I HAVE had to use GeckoOS for invincibility for both Mumkhar battles, and the big Mechon battle with Fiora. Absolutely LOVE Riki!

Definitely looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X!

#Illridewithyou

Ryno

PigmaskFan wrote:

It's a GREAT game, though I HAVE had to use GeckoOS for invincibility for both Mumkhar battles, and the big Mechon battle with Fiora. Absolutely LOVE Riki!

Definitely looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X!

Late reply but you probably could have just leveled up a little more and the battles become a lot easier.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

WiiWareWave

Gamestop just got another batch of "used" Xenoblade Chronicles copies that are being sold for $49.99 so if you want to purchase the game now's the time! I doubt that there will be any more reprints after this one.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Ralizah

The game looks awful on an HDTV, but the scope of the world is, indeed, impressive. It's fun if you pretend you're playing a PS2 game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PigmaskFan

Ryno, my party isn't THAT underleveled!

#Illridewithyou

TuVictus

I loved it. The battle system took some getting used to, but I loved the story of the mechonis and bionis. It was really interesting. And exploring for the hidden areas was really fun too. I loved climbing up to the finger tip and being able to see the world. But it's TOO big for me. I could never hope to 100% that game and I have all the time in the world

TuVictus

R_Champ

Scanning wrote:

This game is so great. I wasn't too stoked on the presentation at first but man, this is such a good game. Cool story and characters, and excellent music too. I love the combat too. There's literally so much I can do in this game, I've played it for hours on end. More people should play this game haha.

I agree, more people should play this game! I'm glad Nintendo is FINALLY showing some love for it though by re-releasing it on 3DS, adding Shulk to the Smash roster, and funding the amazing-looking sequel (or more likely spiritual successor). Even with it's limited graphically capabilities, there is nothing like looking up and seeing the arm of gigantic robot hanging over your head. The art direction is second to none. Even better looking open-world games likes Fallout or Skyrim don't give you anywhere near the same kind perspective.

And Every time I see someone in love with an RPG that I think is mediocre I can't help but wonder, have they at least played Xenoblade to compare it to? Granted, it isn't for everyone, but I thought it was probably the best JRPG last gen and more people should at least give it a try (no, and not just "on the Wii" on ALL systems). And to those poor kids who wanted Ridley over Shulk in Smash: 1) In your FACE! 2) Play Xenoblade and you'd probably be facepalming yourself for ever wanting Ridley over Shulk (+ Riki and Dunban!)

I'm glad there is at least one JRPG dev that isn't letting me down lately. Even Atlus is starting to toe the edge of Final Fantasy-style milking mediocrity.

Edited on by R_Champ

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Xyphon22

Okay, I am trying to get back into this after a long hiatus. I don't like to get help in games, but I finally decided it's this or never get through it. I am completely stuck where you have to fight 5 or 6 High Entia in the palace. It has been so long since I've played I am not sure what I'm doing. Everything I have seen simply says Shulk is basically useless but the others should blow through them. That does not happen at all. I just get destroyed every time, no matter what I do. Any ideas?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Maelstrom

Xyphon22 wrote:

Okay, I am trying to get back into this after a long hiatus. I don't like to get help in games, but I finally decided it's this or never get through it. I am completely stuck where you have to fight 5 or 6 High Entia in the palace. It has been so long since I've played I am not sure what I'm doing. Everything I have seen simply says Shulk is basically useless but the others should blow through them. That does not happen at all. I just get destroyed every time, no matter what I do. Any ideas?

It's not easy, but you can't use shulk at all. Just use Reyn as a tank, Sharla as a healer, and control Riki to spam his specials.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Xyphon22

Okay, so I still got creamed no matter what I did, but I did finally manage to find a way to go do other things for awhile which I couldn't do before. So I decided to just go do some quests and try to level up (I was at level 35 which I thought would be enough since the enemies were at 33 or 34, but everyone I had seen mention it was at like 43 or something). I managed to get to level 39 before getting bored and tired and decided to try one more time before going to bed. I am not sure they even touched me. So thanks for the advice. Apparently the moral of the story is when in doubt, go level up. At least I can finally play this game again.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

DefHalan

Well, I am selling my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii on Amazon.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

DefHalan wrote:

I wondered what the game was selling for; but those prices are insane. Even used they sell for around £80/€100. I don't understand how that's the same game I picked up for €35 a year ago..

Octane

nacho_chicken

DefHalan wrote:

Doing the same here. I'll be able to get enough out of it to get XC3D and save some on XCX.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

DefHalan

nacho_chicken wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Doing the same here. I'll be able to get enough out of it to get XC3D and save some on XCX.

I am hoping that it comes to Wii U VC before XCX comes out. I don't plan to get a New 3DS, I just know that I won't have time to go through it until I am able to get it cheaper on other systems so I might as well sell it now.

I am also debating on selling more Wii and GameCube games, like my Fire Emblems but that is off topic

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

martinskrtel37

DefHalan wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I am hoping that it comes to Wii U VC before XCX comes out. I don't plan to get a New 3DS, I just know that I won't have time to go through it until I am able to get it cheaper on other systems so I might as well sell it now.

I am also debating on selling more Wii and GameCube games, like my Fire Emblems but that is off topic

don't sell anything... you will instantly regret selling Xenoblade, Fire Emblem etc.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.