Forums

Topic: Wii Redesign

Posts 1 to 20 of 48

MetroidMasher17

Discuss!

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

JustAnotherUser

I think it looks like the WiiU which could be confusing to some people...

JustAnotherUser

n0body

I think it looks just like Wii... are Nintendo trolling us with their use of the word re-design?

n0body

MetroidMasher17

No GameCube capability = FAIL. But, hey, I guess it's gonna be cheaper.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

JustAnotherUser

nope, their wii-design
terrible I know

JustAnotherUser

Pokefanmum82

glad i already have a wii.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

LordTendoboy

WaveBoy wrote:

Get your MotionPlus ready, Take off the Wii stand, throw it on it's side and whalla! You already have yourself a new Wii....Er, minus the 'no GCN Compatability'

The Soccer Mome Family Casual-ised Box Art makes my tummy churn. Why in the hell can't Nintendo get fun and throw a bunch of their Nintendo characters on the front like Mario, Link, Little Mac and the like, including a little VC advertising with Nes and SNES Sprites shown full force and oh so flashy on the box?

The Casual Wii advertising is really annoying the hell out of me. The Nes and SNES days had flashier fun advertising.

This this this!

And I never use the stand, cause it's easier to insert/remove disks when the Wii is on it's side (plus it's better for the disc drive).

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

retired_account

JarvanZheitk wrote:

I think it looks like the WiiU which could be confusing to some people...

This. It looks really cool on its side though.

retired_account

LordTendoboy

JarvanZheitk wrote:

I think it looks like the WiiU which could be confusing to some people...

How does it look like the Wii U? I saw a picture of the console's box, and it has the exact same design as the current Wii.

And is this Europe only?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

So they're rebundling Wii Sports? Why not Wii Sports Resort? That game actually uses the entire functionality of the Wii Remote Plus.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Mabbit

No Gamecube support?
Lawl, screw dat shizzzz

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Radixxs

Hey, let's release a new Wii right before the Wii U! That will not confuse anyone although they already think the Wii U is just an additional controller! Yay!

Edited on by Radixxs

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

LordTendoboy

Radixxs wrote:

Hey, let's release a new Wii right before the Wii U! That will not confuse anyone although they already think the Wii U is just an additional controller! Yay!

This.

I don't see why people are calling it a redesign. They just removed GameCube compatability. The design of the console is exactly the same.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

Tasuki wrote:

Wii Redesign. I thought that was what the Wii U was????

Wii U is a next-gen system that is part of the Wii brand. Similar to how Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 share their predecessors names.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Gamesake

tendoboy1984 wrote:

So they're rebundling Wii Sports? Why not Wii Sports Resort? That game actually uses the entire functionality of the Wii Remote Plus.

Why Wii Sports and Wii Party? Maybe because this is the only way those two games could sell at this point.

MetroidMasher17 wrote:

No GameCube capability = FAIL.

First the mess with Operation Rainfall and now this. What really sucks is Nintendo going out of it's way to cut something that only matters to it's hardcore gamers. It Solidifies the Wii's place as a casual only console. All the while Nintendo's trying to convince gamers that the Wii U will be different. It's hard to swallow.

...in my pants.

Splat

I haven't played one GC game on my Wii so I don't really care.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Twitter:

Tasuki

OK heres my thoughts on the subject.

Getting rid of the Gamecube playback — Fine with me. If for some reason my current Wii dies I still have my Gamecube so if I really want to play my GC games it just means another system to connect to my TV.

Getting rid of the GC controller ports — Bad. There are some games that I like to use the Wavebird controller on. N64 VC games I find work better with the Wavebird over the CC or CCpro. Also some games like Mario Kart Wii and GoldenEye can be played with the GC controllers as well. If my current Wii dies and I am forced to by one of the new Wiis I sure as heck wont be buying anymore N64 VC games if more come out.

Personally I think this is just a waste and Nintendo should just skip this design and focus more on the Wii U.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CrazyOtto

Tasuki wrote:

OK heres my thoughts on the subject.

Getting rid of the Gamecube playback — Fine with me. If for some reason my current Wii dies I still have my Gamecube so if I really want to play my GC games it just means another system to connect to my TV.

Getting rid of the GC controller ports — Bad. There are some games that I like to use the Wavebird controller on. N64 VC games I find work better with the Wavebird over the CC or CCpro. Also some games like Mario Kart Wii and GoldenEye can be played with the GC controllers as well. If my current Wii dies and I am forced to by one of the new Wiis I sure as heck wont be buying anymore N64 VC games if more come out.

Personally I think this is just a waste and Nintendo should just skip this design and focus more on the Wii U.

I agree with this!

I hope some 3rd party makes an adapter for the Wii redesign and Wii U with GC controller ports so you can at least use the GC controller for the Wii games that utilized it.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.