Forums

Topic: Why did you choose Wii over PS3/360?

Posts 81 to 100 of 139

Mandoble

Because of Zelda TP (a real gem). IMO everything else is way way better in the other two consoles, including controls.

Mandoble

Trevor_Fox

I have to say that, my reasons would be because:

1-I've always bought Nintendo consoles. They've made good, quality games that do not need excessive violence, or, in other words, I played their games through my childhood and continue to enjoy those-style games today.

2-Their games. Nintendo makes very unique and fun games that are generally targeted towards all ages. While I can enjoy a round of CoD or a more chilling presentation of Silent Hill, I always feel the most comfortable when playing a nice, quality, family-friendly game from Nintendo.

3-Nintendo's "edgy" games are the right kind for me. Games like Metroid and Fire Emblem have a more serious storyline and presentation than Mario, but it's done in a manner that while edgy, is still okay for many people to play.

4-Virtual Console. A truly great idea. Now I can get a chance to play old favorites and games I may have missed. Nintendo has all of the classics that I played growing up.

Edited on by Trevor_Fox

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

Noire

y2josh wrote:

@Feenie: Same here, I was in 6th when I picked up Blue. Never did get into SSB, maybe cause I wasn't allowed to go to other's houses and noone was allowed over mine.

Oh cool, Blue is sweet too. If I hadn't have gotten Red I would have gotten Blue...yeah. Also, that's too bad. SSB was a lot of fun four-player with friends. Y'know, back when I actually had friends...

SeniorDingDong wrote:

@ Phoenix & grenworthshero: And I already played GB and NES games around 1990, at the age of five, before first grade . One thing sucked though: at school, we were considered by the "cool kids" to be to old to play games like Pokemon Red ...

You were a year or two ahead of me. I started up in 1991/'92 with Super Mario World. I was three. Also bleh, cool kids. Pokemon is awesome.

Thomas+Joseph wrote:

Didn't anyone tell you to respect your elders ... or at least to not make them feel any older than they already are?

PS: Youth is so wasted on the young.

Yeah, they did. The real question is whether or not I listened.

The answer is obviously no.

Also, age is wasted on old people!

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

tomjcd

Let's face it. Since the N64 there has been only one good reason to buy a Nintendo system. Nintendo games, meaning first and second party. Any great 3rd party games are just icing on the cake. I guess this is why there is such a divide every gereation on Nintendo consoles. You either like Nintendo games or you don't. Nintendo is my favorite developer/publisher, so it's always been my first choice every console generation, and I've never been disappointed. I have a PS3 but the Wii gets the most play time.

tomjcd

grenworthshero

MAddogz wrote:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

I don't like the PS3 joypad because it gives me cramps.

really? you must have retarded hands because those are some really comfortable controllers. no controller should give anyone a cramp. you just have really weak hands.

It is this akward angle of the wings... It was the same with the PS1 and PS2 joypad. They aren't as bad as the original Xbox Controller... that one was really awful. Gave me a cramp in less than 5 mins... The PS joypad takes 30 mins to give me a cramp.

The best Controller ever was the DC joypad. Really really comfy in your hands. The wavebird was comfy to the hands to but the button layout is not so good...

[/quote]
Agreed. I've always hated the PS controllers. The handles are too short, or too wierd, or something...If you're going to make handles for a controller, at least make them so you can grasp them, not just lay it in your hand like a retarded, uncomfortable NES controller

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Dicesukeinuzuka

Trevor_Fox wrote:

3-Nintendo's "edgy" games are the right kind for me. Games like Metroid and Fire Emblem have a more serious storyline and presentation than Mario, but it's done in a manner that while edgy, is still okay for many people to play.

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

gingerpye

Trevor_Fox wrote:

1-I've always bought Nintendo consoles. They've made good, quality games that do not need excessive violence, or, in other words, I played their games through my childhood and continue to enjoy those-style games today.

2-Their games. Nintendo makes very unique and fun games that are generally targeted towards all ages. While I can enjoy a round of CoD or a more chilling presentation of Silent Hill, I always feel the most comfortable when playing a nice, quality, family-friendly game from Nintendo.

4-Virtual Console. A truly great idea. Now I can get a chance to play old favorites and games I may have missed. Nintendo has all of the classics that I played growing up.

Well said; All of the above reasons apply to me also. Plus at the time I purchased my wii PS3 was priced at over $600. It's gone down a lot in price points since then and I have tried it out (my friends have it and it was pretty neat), but I'm still not ready to commit my dollars. I know Nintendo warts and all, and I will take their games and systems any day.

Brawl FC: 4854 6181 8828
Tetris Party FC: 3567 1910 2251
Dr. Mario FC: 8616 1389 7954

Live life and play games every day as if it were your last, because one of these days you will be right.

Joeynator3000

1. Price
2. Nintendo person

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Peznaze

I looked at the games. Saw nothing of interest to me on the 360, saw one or two things of interest to me on the PS3, saw fistfuls of games of interest to me on the Wii. So I got a Wii.

Peznaze

Thomas_Joseph

PhoenixSage wrote:

Yeah, they did. The real question is whether or not I listened.

The answer is obviously no.

Obviously.

PhoenixSage wrote:

Also, age is wasted on old people!

You want to swap? Age for age?

Currently playing: Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA), Infinite Space (NDS)

Friend Codes
Monster Lab: 4511-9376-9582; Water Warfare: 3781-7983-7040; TMNT Smash Up: 2064-0130-4425
[strong]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: 2149-9558-3085 (Deuce); Conduit: 3782-0434...

BulbasaurusRex

4 Reasons:

1. Backwards compatible with all my GameCube games
2. Awesome new control scheme
3. Virtual Console
4. Nintendo has the best exclusive franchises

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

bram070

I played nintendo since i was young, and I'm hooked on zelda, mario and metroid games.
So for those games alone I would buy any console that nintendo brings out

Edited on by bram070

practise my stabbing!!

pikku

one word NINTENDO
if you look up the word awesome
you would find a picture of a Wii

(clears throat) a nintendo Wii

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Vendetta

Because I like to feel like I'm actually playing a game instead of button-mashing like a lunatic addicted to visual crack cocaine.

Vendetta

moomoo

Nintendo games have always interested me throughout my life, they're franchises being the pinnacle of what games should be about; super fun, timeless, and in some cases, awe inducing. Nintendo has been in the business for an extremely long time; they know what they're doing. Every system they've made has some of the best games ever created on them, so my trust goes with them. Plus, virtual console is absolutely fantastic, and you can play every Gamecube game on the system. The price at the time was extremely cheaper, making it easier to buy, too.
(I did buy an XBOX 360 at launch though, so my words aren't entirely valid).

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

SonicMaster

Back then we didn't want a ps3, but we wanted a wii. Simple as that.

SonicMaster

Ricardo91

1. Cheap
2. It's supported with Nintendo franchises like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid
3. Virtual Console- I didn't get my first Nintendo console until the Gamecube, so this has allowed me to catch up on all the classics I missed out on, as well as discover a bunch of awesome games I never knew about before.
4. Wii Remote looked cool at the time.
5. It plays all my old Gamecube games.

Lately though the only thing my Wii's been used for is for playing Gamecube games. I've mainly been playing my PSP, PS2 and 360. I cant get my router working yet again!, so I haven't been able to downlad any new Wiiware/VC games lately. Plus I haven't bought a game for the thing I truly enjoyed since Brawl. But with all the awesome games that came out recently, this should change very soon.

Edited on by Ricardo91

Sean_Aaron

Software, always the software. I wasn't really interested in the previous generation because the focus was all on 3D and just looked like the same kind of stuff I saw on the Playstation with prettier graphics. The Wii I bought because of Gottlieb Pinball Classics (and the announcement of Williams Pinball Classics) and the promise of playing old pinball games on current hardware; the Virtual Console launch was the icing on the cake. Since then I've been able to explore what I find to be quite a nice and varied software selection.

I'm sure if I had an Xbox or PS3 I could find games to play on them, but the simple fact is that I have yet to see any software to sell me on either platform. I can safely say if not for the lure of pinball, I wouldn't own any of these machines; the fact that the Wii has been a gaming renaissance for me is the happies of coincidences and my enthusiasm for it is why I'm writing for Nintendo Life.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

blackknight77

The Virtual Console
Wii Sports
Backwards compatibility with GCN
New games on the horizon such as Smash Bros. Brawl and Animal Crossing

Looking for a different gaming experience and not a console flooded with FPS and Madden titles

Edited on by blackknight77

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.