Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,082

Uncle_Rick

Well, FYI I got Kirby SS. Whew! What a great game! I forgot how good that one was.
I decided to sit on my points for a little until I'm sure what to get. (I've already got 140+ VC and WiiWare games! I gotta stop the impulse purchases!)

@the lonely gamer,
I'd say get Do Re Mi. It's fun, and it's a beautiful game--albeit a little easy.

Push the button, Frank.

JohnWalrus

[quote=uncle_rick]
Well, FYI I got Kirby SS. Whew! What a great game! I forgot how good that one was.
I decided to sit on my points for a little until I'm sure what to get. (I've already got 140+ VC and WiiWare games! I gotta stop the impulse purchases!)

I've been thinking of getting Kirby SS. I'll have to look at it some more.

140+! And I thought my 20+ was a lot...

Edited on by JohnWalrus

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

NotEnoughGolds

140+! And you still don't have Ys Book I & II?

NotEnoughGolds

Uncle_Rick

^
Haha....yeah.

One thing though, I do 80-90% of my gaming on the VC or WiiWare. So if you break down the money I spent on it, it's not much more than buying 12 games or so. SInce I've had a Wii since launch, I can justify that to myself!

As fo Ys, I don't know. I have 24 TG16 games, but something about Ys just scares me off. I don't know what it is. It might be the fact that I do most of my gaming in short bursts, and I heard it's easy to get lost in dungeons. So if I suspend a game and come back to it a week or so later, I might not know what the hell I'm doing. (That's why I never finished a few other quest games I own.....)

Push the button, Frank.

NotEnoughGolds

but it's soooooooo good.
Have you ever played Crystalis (NES)?

NotEnoughGolds

Uncle_Rick

Yup, sure did.

I didn't dismiss it entirely. I'm still considering it. But, over 100 VC games, you can imagine I have quite a backlog already!!

Push the button, Frank.

NotEnoughGolds

Uncle_Rick wrote:

Yup, sure did.

I didn't dismiss it entirely. I'm still considering it. But, over 100 VC games, you can imagine I have quite a backlog already!!

Okay well I wanted to say that Ys has a very similar feel to Crystalis, but I think Ys is the better game of the two.

NotEnoughGolds

manleycartoonist

All right. I'm wondering which would be better:
Legend of the Mystical Ninja or Zombies ate my Neighbors

Here are my games (and what I think of them):
Super Mario Bros (Good game, just hard to replay when you can play SMB3)
Super Mario Bros 2 (I love this game, It was always my favorite as a youth)
Super Mario Bros 3 (FANTASTIC - has anyone ever said anything bad about this game?)
Super Mario World (I would play this game more, but am too lazy to hook up the classic controller)
Sonic the Hedgehog (This game was bought more for my wife than me, but I do like it)
Do Re Mi Fantasy (Great game, beautiful visuals, If I had friends I would show this one off)
Super Dodge Ball (Nostalgia all the way! My friends and I rented this game every time we rented games - this and Skate or Die)
Bomberman '93 (I love bomberman, but do I need more than one?)
River City Ransom (I got this one based soley on my love of Super Dodge Ball)
Puyo Puyo (I've wanted this game since there was that version for the Dreamcast that I could never find)
Bonk 3 (I really wanted a Turbo Graphix back in the day... This game is okay, just seems to be too much of everything to keep my interested)
Star Pariodier (Vertical shooters = Awesome)
Dr Mario Online Rx (I do love a really good puzzle game)
Tetris Party (I do love tetris - have since it was on a 5" floppy disk)
Mr Driller (This game is fun, just wish it had multi-player - since my wife will only play puzzle games with me)
I also have the Metal Slug collections
Now for things I don't really care for:
Mega Man (just never got into it Played the first few with friends, maybe it was cause I was no good at it)
Anything on the N64 (was it just me or did everything look like it was dragged through mud?)
Not a RPG fan. I have played Phantasy Star on Genesis, and Final Fantasy on the original Gameboy, but that is as far as I got.

I have a website: www.the-manleys.blogspot.com

cheetahman91

@manleycartoonist: Never have played Mystical Ninja but I have played Zombies Ate My Neighbors and it was pretty good. I would recommend it.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

CanisWolfred

@manleycartoonist

Legend of the Mystic Ninja since you're apparently a fan of platformers. I also recommend getting the first and second Bonk games since you only have the shameful cousin that isn't worth bothering with.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

manleycartoonist

I went with Mystical Ninja based on the platforming sections (sorry, ZAMN - maybe next time). So far this game is kicking my butt. Really in the youtube videos the player gets hit far less than I do. But, it's still fun. And anything with Raccoon testicles is a plus! Haven't played two player yet... but I'm sure that will be fun.

Splat

So, I have yet to download a N64 game which is funny since it is one of my favorite systems ever but I have heard you can't save on some or all 64 games or something so which is it?

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

brooks83

I think it's been a while since somebody mentioned it, so:

Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom

There's nothing else like it on the VC.

brooks83

Punny

Splat wrote:

So, I have yet to download a N64 game which is funny since it is one of my favorite systems ever but I have heard you can't save on some or all 64 games or something so which is it?

You can save, but you can't go into Suspend Play with N64 games, if that's what you're getting at.

I'm back (for the moment)!

manleycartoonist

I've given up my grumpy old man hatred of mario 64 and downloaded it. (My ex-wife's husband had this and i played it a few times then and thought that it was okay, but no super mario world) And I still feel the same way (with out all the hatred for the ex-wife's husband), it's good, but i'm just not that good at it... but, for $10 I'll stick with it.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Should I sell Zelda, Ninja Turtles, Super Mario 3, and Super Mario 2 and get them for the Wii instead? My NES is kinda worn out these days.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

OverlordMao

Lords of Thunder. It's a few more points for a TG16 game, but DARN it's worth it.
In fact, the first thing I did when I played the game was boot it up, and immediately reassure myself that the game is worth it PURELY for the music.
It's probably one of my all-time favs and I refuse to take it off the menu.

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

grumblebuzzz

I have 1000 Nintendo points right now and I'm looking for something new, gaming-wise. Any suggestions?

Games I Have (and Enjoy):

-Anything with the prefix "Super Mario" that doesn't end in "RPG".
-All the Kirby Games
-All the 8-bit Castlevanias
-All the Metroids
-World of Goo
-Cave Story

Typically I like platformers. Is Dark Void Zero any good?

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

CanisWolfred

badmouthsadmouth wrote:

I have 1000 Nintendo points right now and I'm looking for something new, gaming-wise. Any suggestions?

Games I Have (and Enjoy):

-Anything with the prefix "Super Mario" that doesn't end in "RPG".
-All the Kirby Games
-All the 8-bit Castlevanias
-All the Metroids
-World of Goo
-Cave Story

Typically I like platformers. Is Dark Void Zero any good?

Yes, Dark Void is good, and looking at your games, I think you'd enjoy it, too. I'd also highly recommend picking up a Mega Man game if you haven't already. Also, while it's a stretch, you might want to take a look at Ghosts 'n' Goblins, since you like Castlevanias so much. And Blaster Master since you seem to like the Metroids so much.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I reccommend Blaster Master to anyone who likes old school Metroidvania-lite games. Or anyone that likes the NES for that matter.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic