Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,082

alex167

Hi guys, i have 800 wiipoints left on my wii shop channel and i don´t know which game i should download. I've been thinking about downloading one of these games:
Chrono Trigger
Breath of Fire 2
Adventure Island The Beginning (wiiware)

I'd like to know your opinion about those games or if you can recommend me another 800 wiipoints game, thanks.

FRIEND CODES:

Tasuki

Well if you haven't played Chrono Trigger then I highly recommend that one. It is arguably one of the best if not the best RPG the SNES has to offer. Plus there are a bunch of different endings to get as well which adds to the replayability factor.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingMike

Almost forgot its the day of the year I gotta bang out those Club Nintendo responses.
I guess I might as well get Mario Party 2 if I can't find something better to spend my coins on.

KingMike

NinChocolate

I am recommending Ufouria for Wii U VC. Looks kinda crappy on the telly but is nice on the gamepad. Fun exploration and bad guys.

NinChocolate

Priceless_Spork

gun nac is great but not on vc. get metal marines

Priceless_Spork

InvisiBulbasaur

Hullo all, first time poster here. I'm assuming I'm meant to post this type of question here rather than start a new thread about it, so here goes!
I've had 2500 Wii Points just sitting and waiting on my Wii U for quite some time now, so I should probably spend them before they go to waste or something. The problem is, I want to use them all up without having to buy more, and there are only so many different combinations of games that will allow me to do just that.
Some notes: my favorite retro games tend to be platformers and I really don't care for sports, racing, shmups, or fighting games, I already own most of the best-known Nintendo-published games in some form or another, and I would prefer to stick to Wii VC exclusives over anything I can get on the eShop instead.
Any suggestions? I'm already thinking about picking up Final Fantasy VI and Pulseman but I'm not sure whether I'll like them.

InvisiBulbasaur

DarkEdi

2500 wii points are really nothing, there are a lot of true gems in the catalog. I recommend to waste that points and put more, hehehe.

Some of my recommendations:

• King of Fighters 98, 99 (Neo Geo)
  • Last Blade 1, 2 (Neo Geo)
  • Final Fantasy games (Wiiware and VC)
  • Castlevania Rondo of Blood (Turbografx)
  • Gates of /Lords of Thunder (Turbografx)
  • Megaman 9, 10 (wiiware)
  • Helix (wiiware)
  • Tomena Sanner (wiiware)
  • Rebirth Konami series (contra, castlevania, etc) (wiiware)
  • Star Soldier /Soldier Blade/ Final Soldier (Turbografx)
  • Shining Force 1, 2 (Genesis)
  • Earthworm Jim 1, 2 (Genesis)
  • Legend of Hero Tonma (Turbografx)
  • Ys Book I & II (Turbografx)
  • Splatterhouse 1, 2 (Genesis and Turbografx)
  • TV Show King 1, 2 (wiiware)
  • Neutopia 1, 2 (Turbografx)
  • Bomberman Hero (N64)
  • Ogre Battle games (SNES and N64)
  • Chrono Trigger (SNES)
  • Prince of Persia (SNES)
  • Star Wars games (SNES)
  • Cave Story (wiiware)
  • World of Goo (wiiware)
  • Rygar (Arcade)
  • Shinobi (Arcade)
  • Ninja Gaiden games (NES and arcade)
  • R-Type games (Turbografx and SNES)
  • Ghouls and Ghost/Goblins games (SNES, Genesis and Arcade)
  • Super Hang On (arcade)
  • Streets of Rage games (Genesis)

There are a lot more exclusives in Wii mode. I give you some of my favorite recommendations.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

InvisiBulbasaur

DarkEdi wrote:

2500 wii points are really nothing, there are a lot of true gems in the catalog. I recommend to waste that points and put more, hehehe.

Some of my recommendations:

• Final Fantasy games (Wiiware and VC)
  • Gates of /Lords of Thunder (Turbografx)
  • Megaman 9, 10 (wiiware)
  • Helix (wiiware)
  • Tomena Sanner (wiiware)
  • Legend of Hero Tonma (Turbografx)
  • Ys Book I & II (Turbografx)
  • Neutopia 1, 2 (Turbografx)
  • Bomberman Hero (N64)
  • Ogre Battle games (SNES and N64)
  • Prince of Persia (SNES)
  • Rygar (Arcade)
  • Shinobi (Arcade)
  • Ninja Gaiden games (NES and arcade)

There are a lot more exclusives in Wii mode. I give you some of my favorite recommendations.

Thanks for the recommendations! I removed from your list the games I have either played or that I know enough about to know that I wouldn't enjoy them.
How do the Ys and Ogre Battle games compare to say, Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem?

InvisiBulbasaur

Bass_X0

Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem are superior games. I've only played the N64 version of Ogre Battle but I didn't really get into it and don't have much desire to play it again until it comes to the Wii U Virtual Console. Ys is okay but can't compare to Square's games. Its closer to Secret of Mana than Final Fantasy though.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Bass_X0

They're still worth getting I think. Just don't expect Final Fantasy / Fire Emblem equivalents.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

InvisiBulbasaur

@Bass_X0: I don't have much time for RPGs these days, so I only bother with the best of the best.

Platformers are really more my speed, especially as far as Wii Virtual Console is concerned.
The trick is deciding which ones. I like discovering the overlooked gems that I wouldn't have had the chance to try otherwise.
Monster World IV has been one of my favorite VC games like that.

InvisiBulbasaur

DarkEdi

Shining Force games are similar to Fire Emblem. You can try them.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Kogorn733

Hey guys!

Trying to stock up on the hit RPGs available on Wii VC (since Wii U VC has so few). I already have Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana, but am on the lookout for more to download. Looking for recommendations for stuff that's not yet on Wii U VC in the states (most of the Wii U VC RPGs, such as the Earthbound games, I already have). Thanks!

Kogorn733

faint

Interplay has filed for bankruptcy and is selling all of their ip's. You better run tho the Wii shop and pick up earth worm Jim and others while you still can.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

SKTTR

I suggest getting MDK2 on WiiWare before they take it downn, I would have gotten it years ago but it was never released in EU.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Bass_X0

Anyone still downloading Wii VC games?

Memva

I am. I started downloading a couple a week after putting the Wii (original) away for a couple of years. It's now the ultimate retro games console with the VC, disc games and the GameCube mode. Going to continue to pick up all my favourites in the coming weeks.

Memva

Atariboy

I just downloaded Secret Command for the Sega Master System.

Atariboy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic