Forums

Topic: VC Christmas 2009

Posts 21 to 40 of 53

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

@SSBFan1999: When did Nintendo ruin the VC holiday besides last year? 2006 we got a ton of games like SMB. 2007 we got DKC3. Sure, last year was lame, but they can make up for that if they give us SSB.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Good

Earthbound or SSB. That's all I can think of. I dunno about Yoshi's Island?

Good

Mama_Luigi

I forgot to add Sonic & Knuckles. IT WILL COME!!""W)(/OG=(H/w

Mama_Luigi

Justin26

Probably, i would say SSB,Super Mario Kart, or Sonic and Knuckles.

Justin26

Zac429

Nintendo surprised me last year by putting out Phantasy Stary IV, one of the few games I had been waiting for. If they give us Earthbound or either version of Shadowrun(SGEN or SNES), then the world will be right and I can finally sell my old consoles.

Zac429

KingMike

Super Smash Bros. sounds reasonable.
They know it'll make some people excited, and others excited just to not hear about it anymore.
The fact it hasn't been released yet in the US has GOT to be some sort of inside running joke.

I though the issue with DK64 was because it contained the arcade DK in it.
Now with VCA, they could be concerned about losing some money over a standalone release of DK.
(I'm sure there's a number of fans sick of seeing the imperfect NES port get re-released so much, instead of the original.)

Some Lufia would be awesome, but I doubt it'll really happen.

KingMike

Rapadash6

I'm betting it'll be Smash Bros. Surprise! Here's a game everyone else had for months, meanwhile they'll be getting Super Mario Kart. Thanks a lot NOA. grumble grumble

Future Wii purchases:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid: Other M
Zelda Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Sin and Punishment 2

Digiki

BlackFira wrote:

remeber the entire content of that game is nintendo owned not rare so its more then likely to be release like the dkc series on the snes

Objection!

It contains Jetpac. which is not Nintendo owned.

I think that we'll probably get Super Smash Bros., but my most wanted games would probably be Castlevania Bloodlines, and Rondo of Blood.

skywake

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6241055.html

Apparently the US are getting Super Mario Kart, Pilotwings and Super Smash Bros "soon". Super Mario Kart (spoilers for news followers) on Monday and the others slightly later. I really hope this means EU finally gets Kart next week but if we get both Kart and Bit Trip Void I'll have no idea how to spend my 1000 remaining points.

cruel bastards!

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Adam

Um, I really want to believe that, but I have several problems with this.

• They do not cite any sources.
  • Nintendo never announces its games ahead of time.
  • The Nintendo press page would certainly have this information, too.
  • What the heck is an Australian site doing covering US releases?

EDIT: Nevermind about point one. I missed that they said "Nintendo told us" early on. Still, seems weird. I hope it's true. I guess we'll know Monday.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

WarioFan63

Nintendo can confide future VC releases like this without posting a press release. They did it to IGN for Super Punch-Out a while back.

Adam

Didn't know that. Also, just realized it was from the main Gamespot page but for some reason also copied to the Australian page, so nevermind about everything, really. Awesome! Void and SMK... I can't recall a better update than this.

Come on, friends,

Adam

Not that I doubt the news anymore, but linking to a site that links to the same site we've already linked to doesn't confirm anything.

Come on, friends,

ItsFuzzyPickles

I think I was being a little too pessamistic. Here is my prediction:
Bolded: More games if possible (Games, not consoles mentioned)

Nintendo Entertainment System:
1. A Boy & His Blob: Trouble In Blobolonia
Commondore 64:
1. Winter Games or Impossible Mission
2. Impossible Mission or Monster in Mayhem
Sega Genesis:
1. Sonic & Knuckles
2. Earthworm Jim 2
3. ESWAT: City Under Seige or Crackdown
Super Nintendo Entertainment System:
1. Pilotwings
2. Final Fantasy IV
Neo Geo:
1. Fatal Fury Special or World Heroes 2
Nintendo 64:
1. Super Smash Bros.
Virtual Console Arcade:
1. Bloody Wolf, Shinobi, or Ninja Gaiden
2. Bloody Wolf, Shinobi, or Ninja Gaiden
We should expect eight to twelve titles to hit the Virtual Console during the Christmas holiday. I'm sure Nintendo was trying to recooperate from what happen last year. If we have two to three game weeks, I have no doubt the Virtual Console will make up for last year disater.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Adam

I sure hope you're right about A Boy and His Blob.

Come on, friends,

ItsFuzzyPickles

Odnetnin wrote:

@SSBFan What'd we get last year?

With Super Smash Bros. and Pilotwing coming out next year[/i], it'll be at least an okay holiday. Last year was a disater thought:

We got Metal Slug 2, Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for the SMS, Enduro Racer, Phantasy Star IV, and Zoda's Revenge II. So basically, it went like this:
Game already in collection, downport of previous version already available, splendiferous, good but not Christmas-worthy alone, and a good game that wasn't Triple AAA either.

Only two out of five is good and none are Triple AAA caliber (Say what you want Phantasy Star fanboys, only universally acclaimed games are Triple AAA), which is basically part of the reason why Wii sales are slowing.

However, we'll be okay this holiday. At least we have two highly-anticapated titles coming plus most of the critically hated games are gone (A few exception do exist, thought).

@Adam: Me too, but to be honest, I doubt it'll be that game, but it's our best chance out of the ones yet to be released from the NES library that are coming. The game already has a remake and a ESRB rating, plus Majesco published both this game and the remake. Now other people (Including you) may argue about this, but I have my reasons why I stand by A Boy & His Blob: Trouble in Blobolonia as the most likely VC release for this holiday.

Edited on by theblackdragon

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.