Forums

Topic: New Internet Channel

Posts 121 to 140 of 147

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

CharlieRod wrote:

Do you get 500 points or just an NES game?

NES game. No points.

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

Kid_A

I'm diggin' the internet channel. Mostly because its free, but it works really well, and it's cool being able to play Youtube videos on the bigscreen, if nothing else. Not sure how practical it is, though.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

ProfDocMF

A few things that have crossed my mind:

1. Weather you get an NES game or points, why throw a fit about it. Be happy you are getting something at all. They could have just effed over everyone who bought the IC and said too bad you get nothing. Don't get me wrong, I see where the "pro-pointers" are coming from, but man, just take what is given to you. It's better than nothing.
2. It amazes me how people still don't understand who is going to get points and who won't. If you question weather you'll get something ask yourself this "Did I spend 500 points for the IC?" If yes, you'll get something back. If no and you got it for free, than in the words of Willy Wonka "...you get nothing! You lose! Good day, Sir! " Sorry there is no test and no secret elevator.
3. I am not really impressed with this update. I think if they should have waited and made it compatible with most video sites and the BBC iplayer(even though I never used it). To me that just seems like poor planning and makes it feel rushed. With that said I am happy to see that at least there is enough buzz in the Nintendo fanbase that they are working to improve things like the IC. At least we know that we are being heard (somewhat). So I say keep on keeping on there Nintendo.

ProfDocMF

thewiirocks

Wow. You guys need to get lives. It's $5. Be happy you're getting anything.

Oh, and don't ever buy an iPhone. The apps there go up and down in price (sometimes to free and back!) on a near-daily basis. So you'll forgive me if I'm not welling up with tears over the perceived insult of being comped with an NES game.

thewiirocks

Vendetta

Duping my post from the similar thread in the VC forum...
What everyone defending this nonsense [NES game credit for those that purchased IC] is failing to recognize or acknowledge is that the Nintendo Shop Channel is closed system, a monopoly, and a point of purchase in which no prices have been changed... ever. There is no other outlet for acqurirng WiiWare titles (even the Amazon World of Goo arrangement gives you a download ticket to be used via the Shop Channel). There is ZERO expectation of discounting over time, and therefore no monetary value in delaying purchases - the price of title X will be the same in a month or a year as it is today. This is the precedent set by Nintendo, in their Nintendo-controlled storefront. To make a first-party title free in the Shop Channel is to make it free to ALL Wii owners - not SOME. Those that paid for this title should therefore be reimbursed their purchase price in points to be used at their individual discretion, not compelled to own an alternate title they may very well have no interest in whatsoever.

This is not about five bucks. It's about equitable business practices towards all consumers in the Nintendo-controlled Shop Channel ecosystem. Any comparsion to another type of purchase is invalid on its face.

Vendetta

Machu

I'm quite surprised to see those who payed the 500 points, are whinging about the fact they ONLY get a NES game as their refund. At least you get a refund, be grateful! Admittedly, not the 500 points you originally spent but I'm sure worse things could happen.
I'm even more surprised to see people who have never payed the 500 points and now are pissed they don't get a free game. There is no free game, it's a refund! 0_o

Had a quick surf on the telly last night and it seemed considerably quicker if you ask me. V. good!

Gonna go check iPlayer now, but not getting my hopes up.

Rawr!

Golgo

Seems a fraction quicker to me too. Fancy that, a better product and a refund.
I think I'd better send a letter of complaint and get my rant on.

aka AbusedDog...
Wii Friend Code/Console Number: 5187 2674 6845 1702
WarioWare DIY (DS) Friend Code: 1463 0244 5199
PSN ID: Abused_Dog

mrlimbo

Is there way to un-update the browser ? so i can use bbc iplayer again ? one of the main reasons why bought it in the first place !

mrlimbo

Machu

@mrlimbo: No I've checked, no regressing to previous version. Sucks hard!!

Rawr!

Magi

Magi wrote:

I'm in the U.S., but I was fortunate to get it for free since I downloaded the original beta version. Then it upgraded and I didn't have to drop any points on it. I'm frustrated at it's inability to play some of the you-tube vids, etc. I was really wanting to watch Roughnecks and it wouldn't let me. Hopefully, if this update comes to the U.S., it'll resolve that problem.

Quoted myself ftmfw!
I was able to watch all the youtube shows I was hoping to be able to watch last night. The Starship Trooper: Roughnecks cartoons and now my son is catching up on all the Yu Gi Oh's.

Magi

mrlimbo

Machu wrote:

Cheers , a bummer though !!! i had everything backed up to sd card , all but the internet channel !!!!!!

mrlimbo

Mange

None of the Swedish main tv channels web tv services work. Bravo Nintendo. Clap Clap Clap
All videos I´ve seen (not too many) plays poorly. Wondering.. Could someone post a link to a site that have videos that plays back with decent quality on the Wii. Curious what to expect from the Internet Channel when it comes to video playback.

Mange

Bring_Back_Pluto

ProfDocMF wrote:

A few things that have crossed my mind:

1. Weather you get an NES game or points, why throw a fit about it. Be happy you are getting something at all. They could have just effed over everyone who bought the IC and said too bad you get nothing. Don't get me wrong, I see where the "pro-pointers" are coming from, but man, just take what is given to you. It's better than nothing.
2. It amazes me how people still don't understand who is going to get points and who won't. If you question weather you'll get something ask yourself this "Did I spend 500 points for the IC?" If yes, you'll get something back. If no and you got it for free, than in the words of Willy Wonka "...you get nothing! You lose! Good day, Sir! " Sorry there is no test and no secret elevator.
3. I am not really impressed with this update. I think if they should have waited and made it compatible with most video sites and the BBC iplayer(even though I never used it). To me that just seems like poor planning and makes it feel rushed. With that said I am happy to see that at least there is enough buzz in the Nintendo fanbase that they are working to improve things like the IC. At least we know that we are being heard (somewhat). So I say keep on keeping on there Nintendo.

weather?

Can we have list of sites and things that can and still can not do?

Wii FC: 5412 0162 6187 3594
Brawl FC: 0517 4738 5514
Why do I want to bring back Pluto? Cuz the 8 others bullied it and I don't approve of bullying and I am here with this pointless movement to remind people of how (in)significant it really is!

warioswoods

mrlimbo wrote:

Machu wrote:

Cheers , a bummer though !!! i had everything backed up to sd card , all but the internet channel !!!!!!

Even if you back up the Internet Channel before updating (which I did), you will not be allowed to launch the old version anymore after the new one is installed -- I tested by deleting the new version from the system memory, copying the older one back from SD, and then it wouldn't launch, giving an error saying something like "newer version available -- please update."

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

longtimegamer

@Pluto- I'm with you there.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Bring_Back_Pluto

warioswoods wrote:

mrlimbo wrote:

Machu wrote:

Even if you back up the Internet Channel before updating (which I did), you will not be allowed to launch the old version anymore after the new one is installed -- I tested by deleting the new version from the system memory, copying the older one back from SD, and then it wouldn't launch, giving an error saying something like "newer version available -- please update."

....this reminds when no one wanted to update to nyxquest.

Why do I want to bring back Pluto? Cuz the 8 others bullied it and I don't approve of bullying and I am here with this pointless movement to remind people of how (in)significant it really is!

Machu

Bring+Back+Pluto wrote:

I still haven't! Icarian, mmmmmm.

Rawr!

Bring_Back_Pluto

Machu wrote:

Bring+Back+Pluto wrote:

....why people make a big deal, I dunno. I like the new name, I think nyx and pit might hook up.

invmat

Bring+Back+Pluto wrote:

Machu wrote:

Bring+Back+Pluto wrote:

....why people make a big deal, I dunno. I like the new name, I think nyx and pit might hook up.

It's just to prove that you downloaded it in week one and its no longer available.

Edited on by invmat

invmat

ShadowFlame76

Eh, it didn't fix or change anything major. it may be smaller and faster and youtube works again, but 95% of sites that use flash still aren't working, and now that it's free and Nintendo is giving a 500 point game to those who paid for the browser in the past, they have no reason to worry about it being functional anymore.

ShadowFlame76

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.