Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,742

romulux

i watched a few episodes of monster to hear some of new composer kuniaki haishima's work and was so impressed i watched the entire series to the end. if the things he's worked on in the past are any indication, other m will have a very deep and dark story. haishima's sound is mature and orchestral, relating well to the epic score of super metroid. this is my absolute favorite piece of his: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrBSNa4ezzU&feature=related

given the cinematic quality of his music i can see why he was chosen. i'm actually glad yamamoto is taking a break, since as great as his scores are overall, some tracks on echoes and corruption weren't up to his usual standards.

there's another new preview at: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=16391

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

romulux

poor metroid's getting buried under all the more recent game announcements, but it also had some new stuff to show at E3. the trailers keep getting better and better, and the new one is no exception: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H2p6PN7OPU (note that the game is rated and apparently contains blood)

this is the first footage of the space station i've seen that actually looks good; nintendo wasn't bluffing last year when they said the final product would look much better. the resident evil 4 cam at :50 is being put to good use, making it look like the game might get pretty frightening at times.
there's another bit where samus activates some sort of artificial jungle environment which seems to resemble the enclosed environments from fusion; i'm not too sure i want the entire game to take place on the space station, so i'm hoping not all the environments are contained within the ship. (they've already done that once) either way, looking more awesome than ever.

SuperPeach

Wow... So beautiful. I can't wait!

SuperPeach

citizenerased

Plus, unlike the GT dude this one didn't suck so much.

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Kid_A

I really enjoyed the trailer at this year's E3. It left me feeling much better about the game.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

romulux

and to think, if they'd finished a bit faster we could nearly be playing it next week.

Adam

I don't need to play anything next week. I have enough to imagine playing for the next month.

Just watched that game play video. Huh, I thought it was going to be mostly side-scrolling. Looks kind of awkward to move around freely, and I imagine this is because of the d-pad. Doesn't look bad though, just a bit off. Maybe a little bit more zoomed out than necessary, too, but better than too close up like many games.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Bassman_Q

OMG this looks looks 10x awesomer than Skyward Sword! I'm glad I preordered it @ gamestop

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Mandoble

Well, yep, ATM anything seems awesomer than Skyward Sword, but without Nunchuck control I would not give this game anything higher than 5/10.

Mandoble

Adam

Rating a game you haven't played? That makes sense.

Come on, friends,

Rally

Maybe nunchuk will be optional.

I miss having a chatroom that was always in beta.

Nintendo Network ID: --- | Twitter:

Adam

I'm fairly certain they said it's not.

Come on, friends,

romulux

box art: http://www.nintendoeverything.com/42552/

don't freak out about the lack of nunchuck until you've actually seen how the game works without it. the sideways remote has running, jumping, morph ball and shooting covered pretty damn well; the only thing it lacks is the ability to move in 1st person, which as sakamoto said is intentionally being left out because then people might attempt to play the entire game like that. they've designed it to be carry on the feel of the 2D metroid games, and going through it metroid prime style would destroy the retro feel along with everything they've accomplished with the dramatically shifting camera angles.

besides, you may not realize it, but you've probably already gotten very well adjusted to stationary aiming in 1st person over the past 12 years by playing zelda; it uses the same system. the only reason people are complaining about it in metroid is because the prime games got us used to the idea that you should be moving in 1st person.

plus, because of the heavy emphasis on 2D camera angles, the D pad will more often than not feel better than an analog stick (if the awkwardness of analog controls on old VC games have taught us anything)

Edited on by romulux

Mandoble

Wiimote DPad is whatever but comfortable to move around in any game, Nunchuck is there for a reason. DPad + auto aiming = big big step backwards for my taste.

Mandoble

hulklol123456789

Hey, it is the new metroid, these will be better than all the other, and the new feature looks great!

Edited on by hulklol123456789

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Adam

I just watched the developer interview with Sakamoto on Nintendo's E3 hub, and he completely snubbed Retro and the Prime series, haha. Refers to Fusion as the "most recent" Metroid (presumably considering "Metroid Prime" a separate, related series, though not taking any care to clarify), and then says he hopes fans will play the new game and think, "This is how I want to play Metroid on Wii" (or something to that effect, not a direct quote), which seems like a subtle way of saying, "This is how it should be done, not like Prime Trilogy," haha. I wonder if it is just a misleading translation, I'm reading too much into ambiguous statements, or if he really wasn't all that happy with the Prime games. Anyone else get that impression?

Come on, friends,

NotEnoughGolds

Mandoble, do you only post on these forums when you have something bad to say about a game? I've never ever seen you chime in on anything else. I've also never seen you post in General Discussion, and certainly never in Virtual Console or Retro (I imagine Zelda II, Kirby's Adventure, etc. aren't worth your time).

NotEnoughGolds

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic